13. Promises

When I got home the other night dad told me about him telling Bella that if she doesn't try to snap out of her depressed state she's getting sent back home with her mom. So I'm glad to see her getting out of the house. I know she's been doing stuff she normally wouldn't do but at least she's getting out of her shell.

Anyways since the end of the semester is almost here and Christmas shortly after I've been stuck at home studying and shopping online. I send frequent texts to everyone and Paul's been coming over for dinner, him usually cooking for me and my dad while I study at the table. Even though Paul doesn't really care about his education because he is apart of the tribe and everything he makes sure I keep my grades up even if I have harder classes, he does try to sit with me and help if I don't understand something. But me being me I do have straight A's, but will always appreciate his help and anything to just be around him.

When Paul finishes cooking he comes to sit with me with his head on my shoulder just watching me work while we wait for my dad to come home from work, not worrying about Bella since she's always at the Black's house. "So you don't have finals for your music class right? And you get to leave early." Nodding without taking my eyes off my work in front of me, "Yup, the music teacher said that we deserve a break to rest our creative brains so to not even bother coming to class those days unless we want to use the recording booths in the class to work on personal stuff. So yeah I get off early. Why?" Kissing my shoulder he says "Because I'm taking you somewhere on Friday." Rolling my eyes at his wannabe mysterious behavior I learned to just leave him and his surprises alone. After going over my last study guide for the 5th time I decide I'm done and put my books in my room while Paul gets out plates for the three of us.

When Paul finishes serving the food that's when Dad gets home. I grab everyone something to drink while Paul hands out our plates and forks and we all settle to watch the baseball game. Eventually I grow bored so I pick up everyone's dishes while their eyes are glued to the TV. I wash the dishes before deciding to look for the trophy that Emily asked for. Walking past the guys not even receiving a head turn from Paul I open the hall closet where I know dad's bound to have some of my sport trophy's. When I finally find a box of old awards and stuff for me and Bella I sit on the floor in front of it going through it. I find a couple trophy's from last year that I'm sure won't be missed in this house and I kick the box back into the closet and shut the door before anything can fall out. I set the trophys on the table as the game finished, my dad finally notices and asks "what are those for." Shrugging I say, "Emily wanted one to put on her wall of achievements since she feels like the group mom." Nodding dad bids us goodnight before retreating upstairs to shower and sleep early. Paul picks up one of the trophys examining it. "I didn't know you were a cheerleader." "Eh not something I really tell everyone but it does build up muscle and it's fun." "Didn't know you were athletic at all to be honest just thought you were brains." He says while ruffling my hair. "Well one of us has to be both." He rolls his eyes at my comment and we both just sit back watching cartoons until Bella comes home.

The next couple of days go by in a blur and the couple of friends I've made since starting school decided it's be fun to trade presents on our last day of finals. So here I am leaving school during lunch with 3 different present bags on my way to Paul's truck since he wouldn't let me drive saying he planned everything for today. Opening his backdoor I throw my bags in before hopping in the front. "Well aren't you miss popular." "You know it baby." Chuckling at my response he drives to my house so I can get ready for whatever he has planned. We walk in saying hi to my dad and head to my room leaving the door open to dad's wishes. Since it's still early I decide to go through the gifts I got and put them away. The first bag is a whole bunch of hoop earrings in different styles and sizes. The second different Chapsticks and face masks. And the last is a reusable cup with a straw for my favorite coffee shop with a gift card.