45. Normal day with Family

I wake up to the sound of cries. I groggily climb out of Paul's bed and follow the sounds of the cries. I smile at Paul's failed attempts to stop Demetri from crying. "Give him to me." "No I got this." I give him a look and he reluctantly hands me my son. Once he's in my arms he immediately stops crying, "How do you do that?" "He was inside me for 8 months, he knows the sound of my heart. Or he's just a momma's boy." I smile as Paul grumbles and fall back onto the couch. I sit next to him cooing at Demetri, "You just like giving your dad a hard time don't you?" "Give it a couple years he won't be a momma's boy anymore." I shrug, "That's fine, you'll be the one to talk to him about sex." Paul groans letting his head fall back, "We just got him a month ago." I smile, "He looks just like you what makes you think he won't be a ladies man." Paul shrugs before we both watch him fall asleep. I slowly get up and lay him in the bassinet we put in the living room before sitting back on the couch. "Your dad's having game night tonight." "Mhm he invited Bella." "How do you feel about that?" I shrug, "I'd be worried if he didn't have the wolf scent Carlisle said he has." Paul smiles, "What if he phases when he's older?" I shake my head, "As his mom I don't want that for him, but being realistic I know it's unavoidable." Paul kisses my head. "I miss Luna." "We can bring her back with us. He's old enough for us to leave him unattended for a little while. And we know she won't do anything except lick his toes."

We lounge around the house and take turns showering before making the drive to my dad's house. Paul grabs the car seat as I grab the diaper bag. My dad opens the door hearing the car door and Luna runs out to greet us. "Have you been good?" She picks my face before trying to sniff the car seat. "Let's get inside before you start doing that." She follows us inside, as soon as we put the car seat down she's sitting in front of it wagging her tail. Paul lifts the blanket covering Demetri before letting Luna sniff him. He's wide awake looking around, Luna slowly starts sniffing him before sniffing me then Paul, "Do you think she's figured out he's half of us?" I shrug watching her lick his foot causing him to smile and attempt to kick his feet. "Alright let me see him." I take him out of the carseat before handing him to my dad with a towel to put on his shoulder in case. Luna barks at my dad for taking her new friend. I scratch her head and watch her ears perk up at the sound of car doors outside. Seth opens the door letting in Edward, Bella, Reneesmee, and Jake. Nessie gives me a hug first before letting me hug anyone else. "Rosie your child is hungry." I turn to my dad, "Give him a bottle then." "You are the bottle." I shake my head as Paul laughs causing me to smack the back of his head. I head upstairs to my room with Luna following me, and breastfeed Demetri before burping him and laying him on the bed. I watch him look around. Luna sits next to the bed watching him trying to figure out what he is. Soon Nessie followed by Bella walk in. "Hi Nessie." She waves before sitting on the edge of my bed, "He's so small." I look at Bella, "He was born a month early." She makes a gesture asking to hold him, I nod before slowly putting him in her arms. I watch her stiffen and smile as he grabs onto a strand of her hair. She hands him back and I lay him on the bed letting Nessie play with his feet. "How long will it take for him to get bigger?" "He won't be able to walk until he's a year old at least. He should be able to play in a couple months when he's able to sit up on his own." She nods. We hear my dad call and head downstairs. I hand Demetri to Paul who easily lays him on his chest letting him fall asleep. My dad pulls out clue first. Edward helps Nessie play while Paul and I team up since he's currently unable to play.

When you have a kid they don't tell you the months fly by like days. I turned 19 and Paul turned 20. Demetri is almost 1 and walking. Luna follows him everywhere, theyre best friends. I practically moved in with Paul. I still have my room at my dad's but it's moreso used for when my dad's watching Demetri. Demetri is starting to talk. It's still babbles but he can say some words. He likes to copy Paul. If Paul's shirtless he takes off his shirt and follows him around. When Paul comes home Demetri runs to him and howls like the boys do at Emily's. He's still a mommy's boy, whenever I hug my dad Demetri tries to push him away or he constantly wants kisses. I'm still taking classes. I've finished my general classes and started taking some classes on campus to get my degree. Paul currently has Demetri and Luna at the park so I could finish my homework and grab dinner. When I finish the last paragraph of my essay I grab Paul's car keys. We decided if we take Luna anywhere to take the Jeep. I drive into town and get Popeyes. As I'm waiting in line my phone goes off multiple times.

P: Babe they've teamed up against me.
P: I said let's go home and he ran up the stairs into the tunnel that I'm too big to go inside
P: And Luna's guarding him!

I laugh at his texts before grabbing the bag of food and some extra forks before heading to the park. I can't help but laugh as Paul looks helpless at the bottom of the stairs of the play structure. "Here take this." "What are you going to do?" "Just watch." When I get to the top of the stairs I gesture for Paul to shake the bag of food and we watch Luna run to him. I crouch in front of the tunnel, even though I fit I know he won't come out if I drag him. "Hey baby whatcha doing in here." "Hide." I smile, "Are you hiding from Daddy?" He nods, "Daddy say home." "But Daddy has food. If you come with mommy we can eat at the tables and you can play before we go home for bath time." I watch him think about it. "Cuddles?" I laugh, "Yes cuddles before bed." He crawls out of the tunnel to me and I pick him up and take him down to Paul who just looks at us. "Momma's boy." I laugh, "Come on I told him we'll eat here and he can play a little bit before bath time. And cuddles." We sit down at a table where Demetri sits on my lap we rip off one of the box lids to make a plate for him I give him pieced up chicken and spoon feed him mashed potatoes. I let him feed me corn in between my bites of food. Soon all the food is gone and we let Demetri run around with Luna while we clean up the trash.

"Come on baby let's go home." Luna and Demetri both come running. Demetri attaches himself to my legs, "Looks like you're taking him home." Paul laughs, I buckle Demetri into the Jeep as Luna hops into the front seat. "Say bye to daddy." He waves through the window shouting, "Daddy!" We laugh before I give Paul a kiss hearing an "Ew." from the car. We laugh before I climb into the drivers seat and head home following Paul's car. When we get to the apartment I let Luna out before unbuckling Demetri and set him on the ground to walk. "Daddy!" I smile as he shouts while lifting his arms up. Paul lifts him up so he's sitting on his shoulders. With one hand he holds Demetri and grabs my hand with the other.

When we get inside Paul puts Demetri down who instantly heads to his room I follow him and help him pick out pajamas. "Alright buddy monster or puppy." He smiles before grabbing the monster onesie from me. I lead him to the hallway where he stops me, "No mommy. Daddy." I stop and look at Paul with a smirk, "He wants daddy to give him a bath." Paul grumbles as he walks past me leading Demetri to the bathroom. I grab three towels knowing how much he likes to splash when Paul gives him a bath. I lean against the closed door listening to the splashing and the shouting for more bubbles. I walk in when Paul says, "Okay buddy I think you're all clean now." I hold in my laugh when I see a drenched Paul holding my naked baby. I quickly open one towel and grab Demetri from Paul before tossing him one and using the last one to dry the floor with my feet. I quickly dry Demetri while Paul leaves to change. I let Demetri put lotion on himself with help before helping him into his onesie. When I open the door Paul's standing with clothes for me, he gives them to me before taking Demetri into our room. I change before throwing my hair into a bun. I walk into the room to see Paul laying on the bed with Demetri sitting on his stomach. I smile before climbing in next to them. Paul turns his head to give me a kiss but before he can Demetri pushes his head away, "No mommy. Me." I smile before pulling Demetri off of Paul and smother him in kisses causing him to giggle. I stop to let him catch his breathe before Paul starts tickling him. When Paul stops I can see Demetri is starting to tired out. Opening my arms I say, "Come here baby." He lays down between me and Paul facing me and snuggling into my arms. Paul pulls the blanket over the three of us before putting his arms around us. By the time Demetri starts letting out soft snores I'm starting to fall asleep too. Paul slowly gets up before taking Demetri to his own room. When he comes back I feel him pull me into his arms where I fully fall asleep.