40. New Friend

It's been about a week since I found out I'm pregnant, the only people that know are family, and obviously work. Since the tour starts in a couple days Paul's been way more attached to my hip especially since the whole Bella baby thing is still going on. Tour plans changed, more people heard about the tour and tickets sold out so they're extending and adding more shows. The main artists decided that they were going to pick a group from each state and have them perform for just those states. In a way that makes things for me easier and I'll be home. I told Paul I wanted to go back to school in the spring. I'm not giving up music but I want to take things easy until the baby is actually here. My mom had a difficult pregnancy with me and I know that doesn't mean I will but I'd still rather be home in case anything happens.

I'm sitting on my bed with Luna at my feet and my laptop next to me and a notebook in my lap. One of the early symptoms I have is my emotions are everywhere. But I'm using it to my advantage, I've written a couple songs or at least ideas that just need to be put together. Sue's been around more and has given me some ideas to help, she practically lives here now, but I don't mind I kind of get how she feels since Leah and Seth joined Jake at the Cullen's. Since then I've refused to listen or hear anything about what's going on. My dad's gotten over the fact Paul got me pregnant so young and everything's pretty much gone back to normal for me at least. My mom was never mad she was actually over excited when she found out and gushed about how cute this baby was going to be when she came down for dinner the other night. But since my family found out Paul's been spending the night or I've been sleeping at his apartment, him refusing to leave me alone at night.

I'm currently sitting on my bed watching the small tv my dad bought but never got around to actually putting anywhere before getting a bigger one for the living room, I smile content as Grey's anatomy plays and Luna lays in front of me on her back as I rub her belly. Luna lifts her head to look at the door before laying her head back down, I look and see Paul kicking his shoes off at the door with a bag of food, "What'd you get?" He smiles as he lifts up the bag, "Tacos." I scoot over as he sits down and opens the containers of food. "Don't you have your shift soon?" He shrugs, "In about 3 hours, but I wanted to eat and take a nap with my babies." Luna yips rolling over to look at him, "Fine with my 3 babies." He says making her smile. I rub Luna's head smiling. He looks at the screen, "Are you really rewatching this episode? You cry every time, but now your emotions are going to make you cry even harder." I pause the show, "It's a sad episode ok. But it's the last one with George in it. Mind your business." He smiles as I defend the show and continues eating his food as I share some of mine with Luna. As the episode ends and we finish the food Paul wipes the tears from my face before kissing my forehead, "I don't know how many times you've watched that episode and cried. Come-on let's take a nap." He quickly sticks the containers and trash in the bag setting it on the floor before pulling me down next to him and Luna makes herself comfortable on my other side.

I'm running, surrounded by the forest trying to get to something. I have no clue what I'm running for but I'm running, if I stop something or someone will get me. "Oh little Rosie, you can't hide forever." I know that voice, I keep pushing myself to get away. I manage to break out of the trees into a field. A beautiful field full of wild flowers, across the field is the pack. I try screaming as loud as I can but they can't hear me. I can feel arms go around me as a gun is pressed to my temple, "Oh little Rosie like they'd care about you, they must know how pathetic you are, the things you've done, the things you've gotten done for you. The life on your hands." "What do you want Malachi." I say with trembling lips. "The thing you got taken from me." I can feel the blood traveling down my leg and dare to look, miscarriage. I can feel the tears spilling over as I keep a straight face and look straight forward at the people who can't hear anything that's happening. "I never had a say in what happened to your father he did that to himself." The gun presses harder against my temple, "It was your fault. It was all because of you." "Your father was a rapist. A monster who craved the screams of an innocent girl." "You don't get to talk about him like that." Before any words can leave my mouth the gun goes off and I can feel my limp body hit the ground.

I feel myself shoot up. I'm all sweaty and gross. I look around, but Paul is gone. I check myself making sure it was just a dream and feel myself calm down when there's no blood. I lean against the wall as I catch my breath before slowly sliding down and taking some deep breaths telling myself it was just a dream. Luna sits in front of my and starts licking my face, "I'm fine Luna, how about we go to the park after I shower." She does a quiet but excited bark as she wags her tail. I smile and stand up, grabbing some clothes and head to take a shower. I feel myself fully calm down when I step out of the shower as the cool air hits my skin. I quickly towel dry my hair and brush it out as I slip on some dark blue skinny jeans a light grey tank top and a black windbreaker. I head back to my room and slip on some socks and running shoes before grabbing Luna's leash and a ball for her to play with. She patiently waits for me to attach her leash before we head out and walk to the park down the street from my house. She has an eager but patient stride that almost pulls me along with her. When we get to the gated part of the park I unleash her and she starts running around to play with the other dogs. I sit on the bench watching her as I take in the fresh air trying to forget about the dream. "Your dogs pretty." I turn to the girl sitting next to me, she looks about my age but what catches my eye is her belly. "Thanks, which ones yours?" She points to the white husky Luna made a friend with, "The giant furball over there who likes to leave his fur on everything he touches." How she describes her dog makes me laugh, "I'm guessing he sheds alot." She nods, "I'm Frances." "Everyone calls me Rosie or Rose." "What's it short for?" "Rosalinda." "That's pretty. Definitely better than Frances." I smile at how comfortable she is. "How far along are you?" She looks down smiling, "24 weeks with twins." I smile, "I'm 6 1/2 weeks." She looks at me, "You're too young to be pregnant." "So are you." We look at each other laughing. We get to know each other as our dogs play together, slowly becoming friends. I learn that she moved to Forks to take care of her grandmother who died a couple months ago but left her everything. We're the same age, except she's doing her whole pregnancy alone. "I can help you if you want, none of my friends know I'm pregnant yet, one of my older friends is pregnant too I think she'd like having you around. Plus she makes amazing food." She looks off towards the distance, "Maybe, but I'll take you up on the offer to get you to hang around. You seem pretty cool." I smile, "I mean now you have to our dogs are basically best friends." She gets excited, "What if our babies become best friends." "That'd be super cute plus they'd be around the same age, same grade in school." We spend another hour planning our kids future until my phone rings.

R: Hello?
P: Hey babe, my shift just ended.
R: Okay I'm at the park with Luna.
P: Alright I'll be there in a little bit.

"That your boyfriend?" "Yup." She smiles, "Is he cute?" I laugh, "Hot." She laughs making me laugh harder. Soon we're out of breath and our dogs are sitting in front of us wondering what the commotion is. "Well I guess I should get him home it's almost his dinner time. We should swap numbers, plan that hang out." I nod, "Alright, I'm just gonna be gone for the next week for work." "For what? What do you do?" "I'm in a band, we're opening for Lost Kings for their Washington shows." "WAIT REALLY! I just bought tickets for the first show." "I guess you'll be seeing me soon then." She nods as she gets up, "Just call me when you get back and we can have a movie night or something." "Sure."

I continue watching Luna play with the other dogs before she runs to me and sticks her head in my lap, "You tired yet?" She just looks at me, "Alright come on." I quickly stand up and attach her leash, she keeps pace with me as I walk. When we get to the house Paul is climbing out of his car with a bag in his hand. "Whatcha got there?" He lifts up the bag with a smile, "Your pregnant lady drugs." I make a face, "Ew, why do I have to take vitamins? Like I know for the baby, but vitamins are gross." I pull out one of the bottles inspecting it, "Because your doctor's said to, and I'm sure your dad will have your ass if you don't." "Tell me again why he hasn't lectured you about getting me pregnant yet?" He shrugs, "Who knows."

I'm currently sitting on my floor with a laundry basket in front of me trying to pack for the tour as Paul lays on my bed saying no to almost everything I pull out. "Babe you can't say no to everything." He lifts his head to point at my suitcase, "I haven't said no to everything." "The only things in my suitcase are some of your shirts and sweatpants. I need actual clothes to perform in." He groans as he throws his head back making me roll my eyes. I quickly go through the basket packing pairs of pants and some shorts to sleep in. I grab a variety of shirts and flannels before throwing in some shoes. I grab my duffle and stuff it with some towels, my shampoo and soap, makeup, a brush, hair ties, and a smaller bag with some jewelry. "I feel like I'm forgetting something." I look around as I sip up my bags and move them next to the door. "Uh your notebook?" "Nope that's in my purse." He shrugs and I climb on the bed as he puts his head in my lap. I watch his eyes slowly close as I run my fingers through his hair, soon he's dead asleep and I make a quick escape downstairs.