25. Birthday Trip

It's been a couple months since my talk with Emily. I guess me and Bella are on talking terms, to make dad happy. But nothing's changed except for soccer getting cancelled due to insufficient funds, so I joined volleyball. Of course Paul comes to all the games, he's says it's to stare at my butt in the shorts but everyone knows it's because he doesn't want anyone else staring at my butt.

But it's now April and my birthday is coming up. Since my birthday is during spring break Paul talked to my mom and dad claiming the whole week saying he's taking me somewhere. Now everyone knows I hate not knowing what's in a surprise so I've been spending the last couple of days asking everyone, getting on their nerves. Despite not liking anyone I couldn't get Leah to crack. She just kept saying I was going to like it.

Since today was the last day before spring break we had a minimum day. So I've been home alone. Bella's God knows where with whoever, dad's at work and Paul's on patrol since his school got out a week earlier. My phone rings, without looking I answer.

Rosie: Hello?
?:Wow I didn't think you'd actually answer my call.

I pull the phone away from my ear to check. And yup it's Reggie.

Rosie: What do you want?
Reg: Before you hang up just listen to me okay. Look I'm sorry about what happened at the party okay. I miss my best friend. You know how my friends get with the peer pressure and everything but I know it was wrong. I even apologized to Toni. In front of everyone handshake and everything.
Rosie: Sounds like someone grew some balls.
Reg: You know it's been hell not being able to talk to you right?
Rosie: Of course it was.
Reg:Are you still mad?
Rosie: You sound like a little boy who got caught stealing a piece of candy. No, I'm not mad. Anymore. Besides I have other things going on right now.
Reg: Are you actually going to gossip with me?Like what?
Rosie: How about the fact I'm bored and alone. And Bella basically stabbed me in the back by getting back with her ex who left her alone in the middle of the forest depressed and shit. But some good news is I'm graduating this year instead of next year.
Reg: Nice Rose, only you'd be able to pull that off. Look I gotta go, I didn't have long to talk, I didn't even think you'd pick up.
Rosie: to be honest I didn't look at my caller ID soooo....

We both hang up. I sigh getting up and grabbing some pajama shorts to change out of my jeans. When done I lay back down on my bed staring at the ceiling with a smile on my face lost in thought. I didn't hear my dad come into the house until he snaps me out of thought, "What's got you so smiley?" I look at the door shrugging, "Reggie called and I answered he apologized, it feels good to have my best friend back." He nods saying he's gonna order pizza, as he leaves the room I ask, "hey daddy-" he's already walking away as he yells over his shoulder ,"I'm not telling you where lover boys taking you." With a groan I put my head back down and go back to staring at the ceiling, humming to myself.

Soon enough I hear Bella come home. Ever since she came back she's been grounded and is home every night. Except for the times I know Edwards taking her to the Cullen's. Eventually the pizza gets here and we're all sitting at the table in an awkward silence. "Alright you two need to stop with this no talking to each other." I just shrug, bella tries talking but gets cut off by dad, "No I know what happened and I know why you're mad at each other but your sisters, you guys are goin to talk it out, I'm leaving the room no one else leaves until this gets solved." And just like that dad grabs his beer and plate and heads to his room to finish eating. I continue to stare at my plate, "I don't see why you're mad." I look up at her with anger in my eyes not saying anything. "Rosie if you'd just listen to-" "No Bella you listen, I spent months trying to get you better I stayed up day and night helping you, I fed you like a baby, I made you get up and bathe. I was your backbone and not once did I expect a thank you at all from you. The one thing I asked you to do in return was not go back to him. But no all you want to do is stuff for yourself. I bet you didn't even know Jacob was trying to get with you this whole time, and instead of appreciating what he did and helping you get better you just blow him off and betray him, playing him, and that's what you're going to keep doing because with Edward you don't think for yourself, when he's around you head is in i want to be a vampire mode." "I think you need to calm down now." We both turn to see Edward standing in the doorway. "I want you to get out of my house. But we both know that's not going to happen." I push my plate away and leave the room. I head into my room and grab my weed then head outside. I get to the edge of the forest knowing I'm safe. I sit on a tree trunk and light the blunt taking small hits slowly calming myself. I feel a warm presence behind me, I turn and see a silver wolf. I know it's not Paul that's for sure, "Which one are you?" I see it roll it's eyes at my question before I say "Hi Leah." I turn back towards my house and finish off my blunt before I lean against the tree I'm sitting on.

Soon enough I start talking to Leah just venting, eventually she puts her big wolf head on my lap and I start stroking her fur. We both sit like that and soon enough the sun starts rising.

She fully sits up stretching and I can hear her bones crack before she makes a low bark sound. I look in the direction she's looking and I see Paul walking towards us. When he gets close enough she runs off, "Have you been out here all night?" I shrug and nod my head, "And you're in shorts, you're lucky you didn't freeze." "Leah kept me warm and it's spring so it's not as cold." Paul rolls his eyes causing me to smile, "Come-on let's go pack your bags so we can leave after lunch." "Where are we going?" "Babe it's a surprise you'll find out when we get there." Groaning I stand up and head towards my room.

I leave Paul to start packing, while I grab left over pizza and water. I come back to my bag fully packed. "How did you pack so fast?" "I'm the one who set up the trip so I know what you'll need." "So you went through my underwear drawer is what you're saying." "Babe I've already seen everything." He says with a cheeky grin, causing me to bite my lip as I remember the first time we did it. I shake my head as I set the plate on my bed and begin eating. Knowing Paul will steal my food I grabbed 4 slices, 3 for him and 1 for me. When we finish he tells me to shower and get ready while he washes the plate and puts my bag in the car.

I quickly shower not bothering to wash my hair and just putting it into two french braids, I pull on some highwaisted black ripped shorts, after Paul said it's going to be hot. I throw on a white graphic tee with rolled up sleeves making sure to tuck it in. I quickly stick in my studs and go back to my room to throw on my vans. We say goodbye to my dad and head out.

The ride started out normal from what I can tell we're leaving the city. We hum along to the music not finding a need to talk. We stop at a coffee shop, both of us getting tea. Eventually we get to the small airport in Port Angeles. "So we're flying somewhere?" "Yeah you'll see and you'll love it."

I'm quiet as we wait and through the flight, Paul covered my ears anytime wherever we're going got mentioned so I couldn't hear it. After a couple of hours we finally land, I open the window to see the sun setting. I smile. Paul helps me out of my seat allowing me to stretch as he gets our carry on bags. Leading me to baggage claim we wait for our suitcases and I take a look around. "We're in LA?" He smiles, "Yeah, when we were visiting your mom she talked about how much you loved Disney and always wanted to go to Disneyland." "Wait really?" "Yeah, so I started saving money to pay for the trip, besides it'd be a fun getaway from everything going on right now." I wrap my arms around Paul's torso pulling him into a hug, he wraps his arms around me setting his chin on my head.

Paul grabs our suitcases handing me the carry on and we go find a cab. Quickly getting one Paul gives the address for the hotel. The whole ride I bounce my leg in excitement for my birthday trip.