28. Daddy

I wake up with the sun shining through the window, I smile as I snuggle into Paul, before realizing Paul isn't here and I'm cuddling a pillow. I can hear Paul talking to someone, most likely on the phone. I quietly grab clothes and run to the bathroom, in case he isn't on the phone. I shower and throw on white ripped shorts, and a dark blue crop top. I quickly braid my hair into two french braids and put on my favorite hoops. Heading back to the room I slip on my checkered vans, grab my phone and head to the living room. I sit on the couch and start flipping through the channels on the tv as Paul finishes whatever he's doing. Since I'm so short I put my feet on the edge of the table. It's funny because whenever one of the guys put their feet on the table Paul flips out but he doesn't care when I do. When Paul hangs up the phone he sighs before sitting down. "You always have those shoes on." "And you're always shirtless, but you don't see me complaining." He smiles before kissing me. We both quietly watch the tv until someone knocks on the door, letting Paul answer it I get up to grab a water bottle.

As I begin drinking, I see a woman push her way past Paul when she sees me she gets, "Let me guess this is your whore?" "Rachel get out, we both know you're wrong and it's not mine." "I'm sorry what did you call me?" I say putting the bottle down. "You heard me. Bet Paul didn't tell you I was pregnant with his child." Once she says that Paul tries walking towards me, knowing I'm trying to not get angry. Pushing him away I walk to the room locking myself in it. I sit on them bed and listen to them argue. Going back and forth, him denying anything and everything and her. I grab the backpack that Paul never emptied out and throw everything out, I grab all the clothes I've left here and quickly stuff it all in. Throwing the bag on my shoulders I open the door and make my way out. Thankful we took my car here I grab my keys off the counter and rush towards the door. By the time I'm halfway to my car Paul comes running out trying to stop me from leaving, "Babe you have to believe me, I never had sex with her, she's Jacobs older sister, she's been trying to-" "You know what Paul I don't know what to believe, just leave me alone and go play daddy." Opening my door I quickly get in and lock the doors before he could try and pull it open. Driving off, I head home.

Knowing Paul, he'll try coming here after he gets her to leave. I run inside, dad's at work so I leave him a note.

Dad, decided to go spend some time with Mom and visit my friends before they leave for college or go back to school. I'm taking Luna with me, so you don't gotta worry about her, promise not to stay long maybe a week or two.

I stick the note on the fridge before grabbing all of Luna's stuff and heading to the car. She hops in the front seat and wags her tail. I quickly start driving not knowing how much time I have and make the long drive to mom's.

The farther I get the stronger the pain in my chest gets, and the harder it is to hold back tears. Eventually I feel numb and am able to compose myself enough to make it all the way to Riverdale. Luna's happily sticking her head out of the window bringing a small smile to my face.

Instead of stopping at Pops like I usually do, I keep driving until I'm home. Thankfully mom's not home so I slowly head inside with Luna, letting her get used to everything. I set all her stuff up, and head to my room. Turning the light on, I see everything exactly how I left it. Luna goes around my room as I climb on my bed. I quietly watch her until she sits right in front of me. Falling back on my bed I can't help but think, what is happening? I honestly don't believe anything that girl said. I don't know if it's because I want to believe Paul, or if I just know. But I don't believe she could be pregnant with his kid. I mean even before he phased he wasn't a player. I remember all the times I'd go visit dad and he'd be at the same barbecue, he was cocky but he wasn't interested in sleeping around. All the guys would talk about how he never looked at anyone after he phased because he didn't want to imprint, so he'd stay away. I just don't want to be in the middle of it, that's why I left. I look at the rings on my fingers and bring them to my chest, and tell myself he wouldn't do anything he shouldn't have. His body burns off any alcohol in his system, so he can drink enough to make a normal person black out but it'll only make him tipsy, I'd know, I was the one who asked because it popped into my head, I was wondering since they heal fast does their body sober up fast. So we tested it.

I'm so lost in thought I don't hear my mom come home until she's in the doorway, "Rosie? What are you doing here?" I look up as soon as I hear her enter the room. "Hey, I don't know, just wanted to visit I guess." "You should've called to tell me so I could've brought you some dinner." "It's fine Mom I'm not really hungry, I can always get pops if I am." She laughs, "You and your damn cheeseburgers." She leaves when her phone starts to ring, and by the look on her face it's something to do with the serpents. Sitting up I see Luna sleeping in her bed. I get up to slip my shoes back on and head to my mom's office. She looks up from her phone call and paperwork, "I'm just gonna drive around see who's home." She nods as I leave.

The first place I head to is Reggies. Thankfully he's home. I knock on the door and am greeted by his mom who tells me he's in his room and I need to come over more. I quickly run up the stairs to his room. He's sitting at his desk with his headphones in. I quietly walk up behind him and pull them off his head. "HEY- ROSIE!" I'm instantly lifted and spun around, "What are you doing here?" Just him asking that he knows, "What happened?" "I don't even know."

We sit in his room for hours, me telling him what happened, ignoring every call and text message on my phone. He orders pizza, and we continue to talk, just like old times, just now we have catching up to do. Eventually he has me laughing as we both fail at one of his stupid video games, we're at the point where we don't even know what's going on.

Looking at the time I see it's 1 in the morning, "I should head back-" "No it's too late." I look at him confused, "What are you talking about?" "Look it's not safe, this town is in a war, there's riots and a whole bunch of other stuff going on. Just stay here for tonight." "Fine but your talking." I head to his closet to look for clothes I know I have here. I find some navy blue joggers and a white sports bra, and change in his bathroom. I take out my earrings, and take my braids out, shoving my hair into a bun.

Laying next to him, we lay in silence until he starts talking about the riots, about the serpents, the ghoulies. Everything.