31. Makeup Swing

It's been weeks since I talked to Paul and I see him everywhere. If I go to the store, he's there, when I'm in my room I can see his wolf in the forest barely visible. It's honestly tiring, the one place he won't go is the Cullen's so I've been spending time there helping with the wedding. The closer and closer it gets to the date the more anxiety I feel. Not about the wedding, I'm honestly happy about it, I can't wait for it. Bella said I can take her room when she moves out. I'm already making plans, dad said I can still have the sun room, but I've decided to actually use it as a sun room. Write my music in there, I got him on board to put one of those hanging chairs in there.

Right now I'm just laying in my room watching Luna play with her toys, every once in a while she brings me a ball and I throw it out of the room. Sometimes I hear it hit my dad followed by a grunt causing me to laugh. Soon enough Bella runs into my room almost tripping as she turns on the radio and starts flipping through the channels. "What are you doing?" "Shhhh. Listen." I listen as she turns the radio louder. "That's my song. THATS MY SONG." We both begin dancing and singing along.

(Imagine it in a females voice)

After we both calm down Bella leaves for last minute wedding details. With a sigh I get up. Grabbing my keys I head out. "Where you going?" Dad asks. Shrugging I say, "For a drive, might go visit Leah. Hang out at the beach. I don't know yet." He nods as I walk out the door. Climbing into my car, I sigh before heading off in a random direction. I find myself stopping next to one of the hiking trails. I grab my spare headphones from the glove compartment and my notebook and start following the trail. Growing up going back and forth between homes I know this trail like the back of my hand, so I know when to venture off of the path. I find myself in a small field with a small creek running through it. I sit down in the overgrown grass and stick my headphones in. I lean back so I'm laying in the grass and let the breeze go over me only focusing on the music playing in my ears. I open my eyes when I feel a presence next to me, and see Jared watching me. "What are you doing here?" He asks. "I could ask you the same thing." He shrugs and lays next to me. "You know it's boring without you hanging around. And no one wants to deal with Paul's mood swings." I shrug, "Someone should've told me before I found out from someone I don't even know." He nods, "Heard your song on the radio. Didn't know you were actually going to do it." "Neither did I but it felt good." He sighs, "You know he misses you." " I know I can feel it, but I can't try and make everything normal if the unknown is still in the air. I know no one believes it's his, but she's not going to stop until it's on paper." "Yeah, while the accusation is there Sam and Billy are making her hang around in case it is, even though there's no chance. And trust me it makes me want to pull out my hair sometimes." "Don't do that, you'd be ugly if you got a toupee." He laughs and pushes my shoulder. "Well thanks for that boost of confidence." "Please like I need to boost your ego." He throws his arm over my shoulder, "You know you should at least come by, at least for dinner maybe she'd shutup at one of your smart comments. Plus Claire's over." "Fine, I missed Emily's cooking, besides I can't say no to Claire." He quickly gets up and helps me up.

Jared drives us to Emily's. I just look out of the window the whole ride, I honestly don't know what I'm supposed to be feeling about being back, with everyone. Jared cuts off my thoughts, "Just so you know Quil phased." "Really?" "Yeah, he imprinted too.....On Claire." I look at him, "How does that work?" "Well the imprint makes the wolf whatever the imprintee needs. So right now he's a babysitter. As long as he continues to phase he won't age, so by the time she reaches a mature age she can decide to date him or whatever." "Oh right, you guys don't age, physically at least. I mean at least Claire will always have someone by her side." "Yeah, besides you he's her favorite person." "We'll see about that." Jared laughs as we pull into the driveway. I take my time getting out of the car, but once I close the door Jared's pushing me inside. "Look who I brought with me." I hear my name being said from different parts of the room before I hear "FLOWER." And two little feet run towards me. I quickly catch Claire and lift her into the air, "Hows my Claire bear doing?" "I missed you." She says wrapping her little arms around my neck and resting her head on my shoulder. "She's not the only one." Kim says coming in for a hug along with Emily. I can see Paul sitting on the couch as Rachel sits next to him, trying to talk to him. I quickly turn away when I notice Paul staring. I follow the girls to the guest room where we let Claire talk us into a tea party. Soon enough Claire starts to get sleepy, so we put her down for a nap. Kim and Emily head downstairs to start dinner, while I stay upstairs and start cleaning up Claire's tea set and the other toys she pulled out. As I'm finishing up Quil makes his way into the room, and shyly stands in the corner. "You don't have to stand there. Sit down, I understand you don't want to be too far from her." I can see the grateful look in his eyes as he sits in the rocking chair next to the bed. The boys probably tease him for imprinting on a child, but it's not something he can help.

I sit with Quil, talking, getting to know him. "So you're like famous now right?" I laugh, "Not yet at least. Yeah my song was on the radio, but that's only here, hopefully it gets out and gets played everywhere, but until then I'm still a small town girl." After a while Quil starts nodding off, probably from how relaxed he was getting. So I head downstairs to let him nap. I stand at the counter listening to everyone's conversations while texting on my phone. I look up when I feel a hand on my back and look up to see Paul walking out the back door. I watch him for a second before realizing that he wants me to follow him. Jake walks up next to me and pushes me towards the door. "Go with him, forget about Rachel. Make up with your man." "Some brother you are." He smiles before lightly pushing me again. With a sigh I head out of the door Paul already went through. When I get outside i see him already on the swing in the corner of the yard. When I reach the swing Paul stops moving it so I can sit down, once seated he slowly starts swinging again. I quickly pull my feet up and sit criss-cross since I can't reach the floor anyways. "You still wear the rings." I look down at my hand and twist the rings around, "Yeah." I can hear him sigh, "Rosie can we not make this awkward." I turn to him, "How do you expect me to do that? How do you expect me to just let it go? We both know it's not true, but something must of happened for her to go around and say you're the father of her kid. And I don't know what it is. I don't know anything because no one told me." He stops swinging and slides so he's right next to me before wrapping his arms around me. "I know. I don't know what's going on with her either. Freshman year she tried to get me to go out with her. I know that. I always rejected her, never liked her. After her mom died, it was like she went crazy, I didn't want to deal with that. She was sleeping around anyways, even Billy knew that. The only reason she has to hang around is so she doesn't go crazy and hurt the baby. We agreed, for Jacob. That's his niece or nephew in there. That doesn't apply to you though. I think even Jake will encourage you to talk shit to her. But I don't expect you to do anything about the situation. I don't expect us to go back to how it was, but I want us to try again." I look at him for a second before laying my head on his shoulder, "Okay." He wraps his arms tighter around me before making the swing move again. We swing for a while before Paul speaks up, "You know your ass hangs out of those shorts." I sit up and slap his arm causing him to laugh, "Hey I'm aloud to look." He says defending himself, causing me to laugh.