33. Day off

I wake up to the smell of food and the sound of pans hitting each other and the sound of scraping. I quickly grab my clothes and take a quick shower. Letting my hair loose I throw on a white crop top and black ripped jeans. I stick on my studs and head back to the room. I look at the bag and the hamper, before shrugging and throwing them in the hamper. If we really are trying then I might as well leave them here. I walk down the hallway and see Paul's back to me as he's making food, with Luna next to him catching the occasional piece of bacon he throws her. I smile as I enter the kitchen and Luna runs for me, giving me her good morning kiss. "Does she slobber on everyone's face in the morning?" I look up at Paul, "Yeah, she started doing it when I'd be out all night in the studio, then she started doing it to everyone. I see it as a sign of appreciation and love. Isn't that right?" Luna yips with a smile on her face. "The foods done." Paul grabs the plates and starts putting the food on plates as I grab two water bottles from the fridge. He sets the plates on the coffee table as i sit down I say, "You need an actual table." "This is a table, plus I get to watch tv while I eat." I push his head and he starts laughing. 

We quickly eat before I grab the dishes and start washing them. As I set the two plates on the drying rack I feel two arms go around my waist. I look up at Paul and see him smile. "What?" He takes a moment, "Nothing. Just appreciating." I turn around so I'm still in his arms but my backs to the sink. "What's there to appreciate?" He shrugs, "I appreciate the fact you can look over this whole thing, that you can try to move past it like it never happened." "But it never happened. I can trust you enough to believe it never happened. I stopped coming over because i didn't want to deal with it. I saved myself time from going in circles with her, arguing with her. Yeah i stopped talking to everyone but that was me taking time to myself, I didn't want to hear apologies, or pleas to get me to come back. Because in the end I knew I'd be back in this spot, in this moment. So what happened doesn't matter because it never actually happened." Paul pulls me in closer and kisses my head then rests his chin on the top of my head. "I love you." I cant help the smile on my face as i wrap my arms around his waist. "I love you too." 

I'm finally driving to Emily's. Paul agreed to watch Luna for me if I promised to go back tonight. When i pull up to Emilys I honk the horn and watch Emily speed walk out followed by Kim. "What took you so long?" A worried Emily says. I quickly hand out the iced teas I bought on the way here before I start driving. "Relax Em, Im still early Paul wanted to talk again. We'll still get there on time." "On time for what?" I look in the rear-view mirror at Kim and turn to Emily, "Show her." Emily sighs before going into my glove compartment and pulling out the test handing it to Kim. It takes a couple seconds for it to register in her mind before she erupts in giggles. "Geez Kim calm down, she took it yesterday and wants to make sure it isn't a false positive. You cant say anything to Jared until she tells Sam. If the guys ask any questions I'm answering, I've already worked out the story in my head." Kim nods before asking Emily, "How do you plan on telling Sam." "I dont know." Emily looks at me, "Rosie how am i supposed to tell him? What if he doesn't get excited?" "Em he'll get excited, We can go to the craft store and then to the park and make something. It'll be cute, you just got to be confident. If Sam doesn't get excited at first he will eventually. It might take a moment but he will. He didn't get engaged to you because he wanted it to just be the two of you forever. Hes at the age where he's probably talking to the guys about what if's with babies and shit. And its you, he'll definitely want your babies." Emily smiles, "Alright lets do this. Lets change the subject, you said you and Paul talked again." I roll my eyes at my nosy friends, "Here we go. Yeah we talked, I think were finally out of the awkward, Yeah Rachels still around but i think that talk was enough for us to get that last bit of awkward out and go back to being the us we were when I graduated. Hopefully this whole baby thing blows over so i can just focus on my music and my life." "How is the music thing going." I smile in the rear-view mirror thankful Kim is changing the subject, "Its good, this dj just got permission to remix one of our songs that we never released, but i honestly like the remixed version better so i dont think we'll drop the original and i guess the company bought a song for us to record. We're getting bigger. The sales numbers are going up so they think we'll be going on a small tour soon. They want to get us playing gigs every once in a while at like small bars or something, become a local band. Open for some bands on tour. Do some local festivals this summer, stuff like that."