35. Reception

The ceremony goes by beautifully. Renee starts crying first, causing dad to sniffle, and causing silent tears to start falling from my eyes. Seth hands me a tissue, Leah probably made him bring it. Before we know it the I Do's come and everyone is standing and cheering as the now married couple walk down the aisle together. I'm pulled to my feet and without thinking I find myself on the dance floor with Paul. "You're lost in thought, practically missed out on the whole ceremony." "I don't know, it's just weird that Bella's not going to be around anymore. One day she'll be like them, and won't be able to be around." Paul pulls me closer as the song changes to a slower one, I move my arms so they're around his neck and his are around my waist, "You know she'll still try to come around to visit you right? You're sister's. You have that bond with her that can't ever truly be broken." I shrug my shoulders, "I guess." Paul laughs, "I thought I was supposed to be the grumpy one out of the two of us." I roll my eyes, "Shut up, let's go sit down, they're supposed to do the first dance soon." Paul leads me to the table, as soon as we sit down the food starts to get handed out. Everyone eats and mingles but suddenly quiets down as Edward and Bella have their first dance together.

I listen to people cheer for them and smile when Bella and dad have their dance. Soon people are done eating and heading back on the dance floor, and the ones who haven't are congratulating the bride and groom. I watch as everyone mingles, and smile at everyone I'm familiar with, making small talk with some. I watch as Edward and Bella leave, probably to change her shoes. I make my way back to the table,  suddenly I can feel Paul stiffen next to me and I watch Seth stiffen as well. "Whats going on?" I say looking at Paul, who is staring at the forest with burning eyes. "Stay here unless someone gets you." I watch with confused eyes as Paul and Seth both rush into the forest as Edward comes from that direction. I quickly make my way towards him, "What's going on? No one is telling me anything." "Come on." He quickly leads me to a corner on the dance floor and starts dancing with me, "Jacob is here, The pack is in the forest watching him. He's been in his wolf form the whole time he was gone, they don't trust him to not do something." "So you left him with Bella?" I watch him stop listening in on whatever's happening. He quickly pulls me along with him and I look to see that Jasper and Emmett are following us. Once our feet reach the trail on the side of the house Edward flashes away from me and appears next to Bella pushing a freaked out Jacob away from her. I quickly run to Bella pulling her away from whats happening only hearing something about her being human. Bella clings to me as we watch Seth and Paul push Jacob into the forest following Sams orders. 

Looking over at Bella I can see how flustered her cheeks are, "Come on, you gotta change, you guys are leaving soon, unless you want to go in that dress." Bella lets me lead her to Alice's room, but once i close the door she starts to break down. "Hey hey hey, everything is fine." "Jacob hates me." "He doesn't hate you, he's your best friend he can't hate you." "He said I'm stupid for wanting to spend my honeymoon human." I kneel in front of Bella who's now sitting on the bed, "Hey that's your decision, Jacob doesn't control you. You are an adult and you're married, he doesn't get to decide the decisions of your humanity. I  get it you don't want to spend it in pain like everyone says their transitions are. What matters is that you have fun and enjoy yourself during this time you have alone with your husband. Now go wash your face and cool off while i get the outfit Alice wants you to wear." She quickly gets up and heads to the bathroom, when i bring her clothes to her, her dress is already on its hanger and her hair is down as she stands in her underwear drying her face. I hand her the clothes and take her dress, quickly putting it in the  garment bag and laying it on the bed. Edward walks in with a soft knock, "Is she okay?" I nod, "Yeah she just needed to calm down, she's fine now. I'll be downstairs with everyone else."

I walk downstairs and Rosalie immediately pulls me towards the front handing me the bag of stuff we're supposed to throw at Bella and Edward.  "Don't aim for her or his face." I pout, "But what's the fun in that." She rolls her eyes but smiles as she walks away. I find a spot between my dad and Renee. And wait for them to walk out.