30. Making Deals

This whole week I've managed to go back to the person I used to be. I'd go to parties every night, stay out all night and come home when the sun would start coming up. But of course the fun must stop. When I wasn't out trying to enjoy myself, I sat in my room working on my song. But today I have to head home. Tomorrow I record the demo and see where it takes me.

Not wanting to be home just yet, I take my time on the way back. I drive the speed limit, and watch as other cars go around me. I make pit stops so Luna can go to the bathroom, but I can't avoid it when I finally reach my house. Sighing I get out and head inside. Once we enter Luna jumps on the couch next to dad who instantly starts petting her. "What's with the look on your face dad?" He looks at me before looking at Luna, "You'll find out soon enough." I just nod and head to my room, I cover myself with the warm blankets and start watching a show on my phone. The only time I look up is when I hear a knock on the door. I see Bella awkwardly standing in the doorway fidgeting with her fingers, before she slowly enters standing next to my bed. "I need a sister talk." I look at her for a moment before lifting up my blanket so she can climb into the bed. She quickly climbs into the bed hooking her arm with mine. "What happened?" She takes a deep breath, "Edward proposed." I lift my eyebrow, "Really? How?" She smiles, "We talked about it before, but he actually did it with a ring the other day, he said he wanted to show it, not just have it said between me and him." "Didn't you use to say marriage is just a piece of paper?" She sighs, "Yeah, but this is what Edward wants, besides it's only one day out of many." "So you're actually having a wedding? When?" "August." "Why so soon? You guys have forever to get married." "The sooner the better. Besides Alice is the one who's planning, that's when she picked. She said the weather would be perfect. In her words." "Oh." "Yeah....I wanted to ask you to be my maid of honor. I know with everything that's been going on, but I still thought I'd ask, and Alice already has a dress picked out if you do." I think about it before saying, "As long as I don't have to wear pink." She smiles before pulling me in for a hug, at the same moment Luna decides to come into my room and jump on the bed, joining in on the hug, causing us to laugh. "What's the ring look like?" She slowly pulls the hand she was fidgeting with out, moving her sleeve so I can see the ring on her finger. "It was his mom's ring." "Wow something older than Edward." She hits me causing me to laugh, "it's pretty, suits you, similar to the one grandma gave you."

"What's been going on with you?" "What do you mean?" I ask looking at her. "I mean at graduation you were fine, then you left all of a suddenly. Paul came around looking for you but didn't say why." "Oh, nothing we got into a little fight but that's normal for any relationship, but I have the opportunity to create a demo, so I've been working on that." "What was the fight about?" I sigh, she's going to find out anyways, Carlisle will tell Edward, or Edward will read his thoughts and tell Bella. "Jake's sister claims Paul got her pregnant. I highly doubt he could've, because he's been training for that army, and Sam's been making them do extra patrols, especially on those double patrol things you got the Cullen's doing, since I'm an imprint. But Im still pissed that he or anyone never told me, that's why I left." "Oh." "Yeah. But it doesn't matter somethings going to happen to end up making me talk to him sooner or later, I know it. I just want to focus on the demo right now." She nods before sinking down farther into my bed and I quickly follow. We both stare at the glow in the dark stars I have stuck on the ceiling, "You have kid tendencies sometimes." She says gesturing towards the stars. "Maybe, but they're calming in the middle of the night when they're actually glowing, when its raining. It's relaxing to just lay here and look at them." She nods in understanding. We both continue to lay there until we slowly fall asleep.

The next day I wake alone in my room. Stretching I grab clothes and head to the bathroom. I quickly wash up. I throw on ripped blue jeans and a white crop top. I quickly pull my hair into a half updo, making sure to frame my face with strands of hair. I head back to my room and slip on my shoes before slipping in my studs. I lay back on my bed and check my phone. I screenshot the address for the studio, and read through everyone's messages before scrolling through Instagram. Soon enough Bella walks in jumping on my. "Oof did you gain weight?" She pushes my head to the side, "Shutup. I'm headed to the store, taking a break from Alice, you want anything?" "Ooo tortilla chips, and one of those fruit bowls." "The one with the watermelon and pineapple right?" "Yeah. Can you pick up some cherry Dr pepper too?" She nods before climbing off of me, "Have fun at the studio."