27. New beginnings

Today's the day. Graduation. I'm standing in the mirror staring at the god awful yellow cap and gown I'm forced to wear. I hear the door open but don't pay any mind to it. "Babe you ready?" "Not in this color no." Paul laughs, "Come on you look fine. Only you would be picky about the color you're forced to wear to graduate in." "You're one to talk you got a nice burgundy cap and gown. Mine is the color of a druggies pee." "Come on your dad wants pictures of you and Bella." With a sigh I follow Paul to the living room. I put on a fake smile while dad snaps pictures. When Edward arrives dad puts on a fake smile causing me to try and hold in my laugh. Satisfied Paul takes a picture of the smile on my face as he hands the camera back to my dad. My dad gets ready to take some more pictures until Luna jumps in the middle of them. She sits on the floor with her smile, ready for the camera. I laugh as I set my cap on her head. "Rosie please tell me you're not wearing shorts with heels." I smile at my dad's question, "I'm not wearing a dress that's for sure." Dad gives me a look causing me to raise my hands, "I have a skirt on sheesh."

The ceremony is boring, the whole time I feel like this is nothing new, my life's still the same. It's not until Bella's name is about to be called that I feel it. The feeling of accomplishment, I'm graduating at the top of my class, I actually turned down giving the speech but am still one of the valedictorians. I'm going to college early. It's not until I hear wolf whistle's and cheers that I realized I walked across the stage. I have my diploma, I did it. Before I know it the ceremony is over. The entire pack and imprints came. Mom came, bringing FP, Jughead, Betty, Toni, Fangs, and Sweet Pea. Reggie would've come but he couldn't make it, instead he sent me a present with my mom. I'm pulled into a series of hugs, mom forcing me to take pictures. "Oh my baby did it. You graduated and early." I smile as she squeezes. I smile because I know I made her proud.

Before we leave I head to the bathroom, on my way out to meet with everyone my music teacher catches me. "Hey Rosie congrats." "Thanks." "Listen I was able to pull some strings with a producer I know, he owns a studio in town and I sent him some of yours songs, he sees promise in you and wants to do a demo with you. If he likes it he'll think about helping you get big." "Wait really?" "Yes, you have a very talented voice, you should use it. He should be calling you within a couple days." I smile as he walks away. Quickly kicking off my shoes I grab them and run out to where everyone is standing, not caring about the tiny rocks stabbing my feet I run and jump on Paul who easily catches me in all my excitement.

"ROSIE WHERE THE FUCK ARE YOUR SHOES." I throw my shoes at whoever asked, "You'll never guess what happened." "Um you just graduated and are just realizing that?" I roll my eyes at Jughead's sarcasm, "No stupid I know that, my music teacher just told me a producer wants to make a demo with me." Everyone gets quiet before pulling me into a hug, I notice the frown on Paul's face before he quickly hides it. I don't bother him about it, opting to ask him about it later.

Since Bella's having her graduation party dad decided to take her out to dinner while mom took over my dinner. She made the boys pull out dads barbecue and start grilling burgers. I grab the speaker from my room and play music, letting Luna run around. She's enjoying the attention she's getting from everyone, and the food they're dropping for her. Time seems to fly by and before I know it everyone's getting ready to leave, I decided to spend the night with Paul, dad didn't argue just made me promise not to make him a grandpa just yet, getting a laugh from everyone at how serious he was.

When we get to Paul I quickly find myself climbing into his bed, "You know the only reason I think you come over for is my bed." "I can't help it, it's so much more comfortable than mine is." I say yawning. "Get comfortable then. I'm just gonna go to the bathroom first." As he leaves I take off my skirt, bra and top, and grab one of his shirts that he never wears. When I finally get comfortable in his bed that's when he comes back. He quickly takes off his shirt and pants before climbing into the bed too. I feel myself relax as his arms circle around my waist. "You weren't happy when I told you the news." "What?" I roll over to look at Paul,"You frowned when I told you about the demo." Paul grabs my face looking me in the eyes," I wasn't sad about it, and I'm not going to tell you to not do it. I just know how time consuming writing music is, I know that if you get famous you'll be going on tours and I'll barely get to see you. Whenever we talked about the future you always said that you wanted to be a teacher, and I guess my head was wrapped around that." "Oh." I look into his eyes for a while seeing something else, "There's something bothering you." "Don't worry about it, it's just pack stuff, all I need now is cuddles." I can't help but giggle as he places kisses down my neck, slightly tickling me. But soon those light kisses, turn into deep kisses. And soon all I can feel are his kisses and a warmth I've grown to love.