15. Hugger

Christmas came and went by uneventful in the Swan household. It's Thursday and since I don't have to be back at school until Monday I decided to go visit my mom since Paul had nothing to do he decided to come with me and meet my mom and see what it's like in Riverdale.

So here we are in my car on the drive back home. There's soft music playing while Paul holds my hand as I drive. Paul's leg bouncing like he's nervous. "Whatcha thinking about?" Paul looks at me as his leg stops bouncing. "Nothing." He says quietly. Rolling my eyes I say, "Sure, you're nervous. I can feel it. I'm guessing it's the imprint, I'm guessing, Emily explained to me how she can feel when Sam's stressed. There's nothing to be nervous about." "Yeah right babe. This is your mom and from what you explained a biker gang who have killed for you." "Paul my mom likes you already, just from what my dad's told her in their gossip sessions. And the serpents they don't like anybody until you do something for one of them. But I don't even like all the serpents, so their opinions don't really matter." He just looks at me and I make a face a him causing him to chuckle.

We continue to ride in silence. Paul takes a deep breath as we pass the Welcome to Riverdale sign. I rub his thigh in hopes to calm him down. "How about we get something to eat, help you relax." "Please the only food that ever made me relax is Emily's muffins." "Emily's not here, but these burgers are the best I've ever had." Paul shrugs. I let out a small laugh causing Paul to smile.

Soon enough we pull into Pops parking lot. "Come on." We walk in as Pop is cleaning up plates he looks up when he hears the door shut. "Well if it isn't little miss Rosie, haven't seen you in a while."  I smile up at pop accepting his hug. "I know but I'm back." "And I see you brought someone with you. Meet the boyfriend if I'm not mistaken." He says with a smile. I turn and smile at Paul. "Yeah, this is Paul." They both shake hands exchanging a hello, before pop leads us to a table. "I'm guessing Rosie wants her usual so what's it gonna be for you." "I guess the same thing." "Alrighty then love birds it'll be up soon." I laugh at what pop says as he walks away. "You know I've never seen you this quiet not even when we were kids when I was visiting my dad." "I guess. It's weird I've never been this nervous about anything." I lean forward on my elbows, "is it a good thing that I can make you this nervous then?" Paul leads forward meeting me and giving me a quick kiss before saying "Maybe for you, but you're the only one who's ever made me this nervous." We continue to make small talk, mainly me telling him about the town until our food comes. "Alright here you go, Two cheeseburgers, fries and root beer." We both say thanks and I wait for Paul to take the first bite. He chews slowly, "wow that is a good burger." I smile, "I told you." He rolls his eyes at my teasing. We continue to eat and make small talk before I hear. "Rosie?" I turn to see who called me and see Reggie and his little gang of friends.

Before I can fully stand up I'm pulled into a hug. "Why didn't you tell me you were coming." "It was a last-minute decision." I say pulling away. Reggie looks behind me at Paul. "You must be Paul." "And you're Reggie right?" "Yeah nice to meet you in person, I'm guessing Rosie forced you to try Pops." I quickly slap Reggies arm, "Hey I didnt force anything." Rolling his eyes he pats my head and says, "Anyways my parents are going out of town, so I'm throwing a party you two should come." "Of course you're having a party Reg, but I'm not staying to clean up your mess." He rolls his eyes before excusing himself so we can finish eating and get to my mom's house.

When we pull into the drive way, I turn off the car and we both sit in silence. After a couple minutes I look at Paul who is staring at the house frozen. I grab Paul's hand, "Come on, you weren't scared of my dad and he owns multiple guns. My mom is way nicer and by the time we leave you'll be calling her mom just like all my friends. Beside I'm sure hot dog is here, you guys have something in common." He looks at me with a confused face. "You're both dogs." I say seriously. We both look at each other before we both laugh. "Come on she's probably waiting." We both climb out and head to the trunk to get our bags. As we walk to the front door, the door opens and out runs hot dog charging towards me. I quickly drop my bag opening my arms, "HOT DOG." I embrace for impact as the dog that is the same size as me jumps on me and we both tumble to the ground, and start playing. My mom is slowly walking towards us. "hot dog heard the car doors and got excited." Pushing hot dog off I get up and hug my mom. "Oh I missed my baby." "Missed you too Mom." She softly pushes me back to look at my face before she looks at Paul. "And you must be Paul." "Yes ma'am." Paul goes to shake her hand and she pulls in from a hug. "Please it's Marissa." Paul hugs her back and looks at me. "Yeah I forgot to mention she's a hugger you get used to it" I say as I grab both of our bags and head inside leaving them alone.