36. Tour

Everyone slowly leaves after Bella and Edwards car disappears down the drive way, but I continue standing between dad and Renee. "Come on guys she'll be back before we know it." They both look at me and nod, I follow my dad to the cruiser as Renee walks to her rental car waving before she drives off. As dad start driving home I hear him sigh, "Come on dad, we both knew this was going to happen, besides I'm still here." I say with a grin. He smiles, when we get home he takes off his jacket and grabs a beer from the fridge. With a sigh I head to my room to change. I lay back on my bed with a sigh and stare at the ceiling while Luna gets herself comfortable. I feel myself slowly drift off with the tv as background noise.

I wake up to the sound of the front door closing, I grab my phone and see it's almost 11. I read the couple of messages replying to everyone and head to take a shower. I take the time to blow dry my hair and do two french braids. I throw on a red tie dye shirt and tie it at the bottom to expose some of my stomach, I slip on some white ripped jeans and my slip-ons. Grabbing my purse and phone I grab my car keys and head out. I find myself parking at the studio, shrugging my shoulders I head inside to find our bassist Derek writing in a notebook while strumming some notes. "Hey Derek what's up?" He looks up not hearing me come in, "When did you get here?" "Uh just now?" "Oh, hey can you tell me what you think of this, I had some ideas pop in my head about a song but I'm kinda stuck." I grab the notebook flipping through the pages that are folded, "Hmm I like it, let me hear the notes you were playing." Derek quickly strums the notes he has written down, "Wait, these notes aren't meant for the bass, uh here." I grab the laptop he has in front of him and open up his beat maker and play the same notes. "There it is, uh try switching these two parts in the lyrics around and make this the chorus." He grabs the notebook and looks at me, "How do you do that, with music, you just took my whole idea and made a song by just looking." I shrug, "I don't know but we should get the rest of the band here to try and record it while it's still fresh. And to get their input."

We sit in the studio for hours before we finish the song. A song Derek took weeks trying to write. We sit and listen to the final product.

We cheer as the song ends, "I swear the feeling of finishing a song never gets old." I smile up at Derek, "Yeah, you did a good job with this one." He nods and pulls out the drive with our song on it, as he's about to pocket it our manager walks in, "Hey guys glad I caught you here, remember the people who wanted to remix Ghost." I look at him as Derek stands front and center, "Yeah what about them." Our manager holds up a drive, "They finished it." I quickly pop out of my seat and grab the drive before Derek can and play it.

"I knew the small snippet they shared with us was awesome but this is amazing, when are we releasing it?" "They want to release it next week when they announce their tour, they also want you guys to open for them." We all look at our manager, "They want us to open for them, on a tour. A tour that will build our fan base by thousands." Our manager just nods, "Yeah, they want two openers, you guys would be the second and your last song would be ghost so at the same time it'd be introducing them. But that's only if you guys accept their invitation." We look around at each other before Derek speaks up, "The only one who'd have a problem is Rosie since she's under 18 but I think the rest of us will definitely accept." Our manager looks at me before handing me paperwork, "Talk to your dad and get him to sign these for the tour. The tours supposed to start in a month so you have until then. They basically say he's giving you permission to leave and be watched by your band members if he wants he can claim one of them as a temporary guardian while youre on the tour, you'd be gone for maybe 6 months. In that time whoever he chooses or the whole band will be there as emergency contacts or whatever you need." I nod and stick the folder in my purse. "Alright, I'll talk to him in a couple days he's still not himself since Bella just got married." I grab my stuff as the band files out of the studio and into the parking lot. Derek throws his arm over my shoulder, "If you want I can be the guardian, I am the oldest." I roll my eyes, "You're 21, I think my dad likes you the best anyways besides you're the older brother I never had." I give him a hug before climbing into my car. I start my journey to Emily's and stop to get myself some tea. I hear my phone go off  and check my messages while I wait in line.

Emily:I'm telling Sam tonight. I can't keep it to myself anymore.
Rosie:I was about to head that way, I'll make dinner for the boys and you can take Sam out and tell him, take him to that burger place he likes. Then when you get back you can tell the guys.
Emily:Thank you so much. What would I do without you?
Rosie:Probably over stress

When I reach the front of the line I buy my iced tea along with some for Emily and Kim. I make my way to Emily's and quickly rush inside to a worried looking Sam. I hand the girls their drinks as Sam pulls me outside. "Do you know what's going on with her?" "What are you talking about?" "Since the day you guys went to the store she's been acting weird." "Don't worry about it, she'll tell you tonight. I'm here to cook for the boys she wants to go out to the burger place and talk to you. I promise you it's nothing bad." Sam rubs his face, "You promise." I nod, "Trust me you'll love it." I head inside and pull Emily in for a hug, "Go." She runs upstairs to grab some shoes and calm down before she comes back and pulls Sam with her.

I decide to make red beans and rice with some chicken on the side. Kim helps me in the kitchen soon followed by Paul and Jared. Kim hands them vegetables causing them to make confused faces, "You guys can start on the salad." "But we came in here to talk to our beautiful girlfriends." Paul says wrapping his arm around my shoulder and giving my cheek a kiss, "You can multitask babe." I say with a grin. The boys grumble as they start making the salad. "Just be happy you don't have to wash dishes." Jared points the knife, "True." We quickly finish and I make sure everyone gets some even Rachel, who makes Jake get her plate saying her feet are too swollen. While everyone's eating I take my plate outside and sit on the patio. Kim takes the other seat. "What's wrong?" I shrug my shoulders, "I don't even know, my band got offered the chance to open for a DJ so I should be happy right?" Kim nods, "But you don't want to leave. At the same time this is everything you could ever want right?" I lean back into my seat, "It is, but I feel like no matter how happy it makes me, it's going to push me and Paul even further apart. The imprint already makes it hard, I'm supposed to go away for 6 months minimum. We're already barely holding on because of Rachel." I sigh, "I just feel like she can make everything worse whether or not I'm here or on a bus with my band." "No one knows what her problem is." "She wants Paul. So much that she's emotionally breaking me without even doing anything. When I found out I went crazy I was smoking and drinking like I used to. Like the biker gang party chick I grew up as. And I hated it but I was pushed and it's just too easy for her." "Did you tell Paul yet?" "No and I know he'd want me to stay but then he'd feel bad and tell me to go. Making me feel worse about wanting to go."

Kim sits with me talking, we change the topic and I dry my tears that started spilling. I calm down enough and we head inside the same time Sam and Emily walk through the front door. I can't help but running and hugging Sam when I see his smile and I pull Emily into the hug as well, Kim decides to join being the only other person to know about Emily being pregnant. "Why are you guys hugging and why is no one else invited?" I look back, "Because it's a happy moment and no one wants to hug you Jared, that's why." Emily steps back giving me and Sam a look before looking at everyone sitting in the living room, "I'm pregnant." Paul and Jared are the first ones up to hug her having known her the longest and seeing her as an older sister, then Seth. Soon everyone congratulates them, except for Leah. I follow her outside on the porch. "Hey." She looks at me, "You knew didn't you?" "Yeah, I knew it'd hurt you but I knew it'd be better to hear it from them." She looks forward, "Hey don't get mad at anyone, it's unavoidable. We both know that, Soon that'll be you with whoever you find." "I found Sam." "You did, but now it's time for you to find someone else, someone that was made for you. I haven't told anyone but Kim, I'm supposed to go on a short tour soon, but I need a guardian. Come with me, you'll get along with my band, Derek's the only one who's old enough to drink, he's like a brother you guys can go out to clubs or smuggle the boose to my room and we can enjoy ourselves, but take the chance to get away." She looks at me, "Really? You'd take me on tour with you?" I through my arm over her shoulder, "I do need a guardian, it might as well as be someone I get along with and I don't think my dad will let me go away with Paul for 6 months, but he'd be happy knowing I had one wolf with me." Leah stares ahead thinking about it, "Fine, when is it." I hug her making a small squeal sound, "In a month, we have to prep some songs and make a setlist but the first show is in Seattle."

I sit with Leah for a little while longer until I check the time and see it's getting late,"Uh tell the guys I went home." She nods and watches me get in my car and drive away.

As I drive home I get a feeling in my gut. The same feeling I had at the wedding.