39. Baby Momma

I've been sitting at home for an hour. My phone's rung a couple times but I haven't bothered picking it up to check who it is, I've just been pacing my room with Luna watching me. I think she sensed my distress and figured out I'm pregnant because she booped my stomach with her nose making me smile. I figured I'd tell my dad first, then call my mom, lastly Paul when everyone's cooled off from the Bella news. I hear a car door and run to look out the window and see my dad. I shake my head as I grab the envelope and walk downstairs. As he's hanging up his belt he sees me coming down the stairs, "Hey baby girl, what do you want for dinner? I was thinking we order Chinese tonight." "Uh sure, can we get the spring rolls and the BBQ pork fried rice." He nods and head to the kitchen to order. I sit on the couch and stare at the blank tv lost in thought, "You know you have to turn it on to get it to work." I look at my dad, "Uh I have to tell you something." "What is it?" "I uh." I look down at the envelope in my hand and hand it to him. "I'm pregnant." He looks at me before looking at the pictures, he looks like he wants to get mad but sees my face and pulls me in for a hug making more tears fall down my face. "When did you find out?" "Today, I didn't feel too good and didn't want to go to the hospital so I visited Carlisle, tried to see if anyone knew anything about Bella." "Have you told anyone else yet? Your mom? Paul?" I shake my head, "I don't know how to." "It's okay baby, we'll eat dinner then I'll call your mom, she'll probably come down to talk to you, but by then everything will be okay. You go tell Paul, he's probably still at work but you go and talk to him about it. If he doesn't give a good response he'll get the end of my gun okay?" I smile at my dads way of reassuring me. "You're not mad?" "No baby, there's nothing we can do about it now, I wished you would've waited but I'm happy for you. You already started your career and making plans for the future, you're becoming a wonderful young adult and you're going to be an amazing mother okay. Besides this babies gonna have the best grandpa alright." I can't help but laugh at my dad's response thankful he's taking it so well. "One of these pictures is mine right?" I smile before grabbing some scissors and cutting off one of the pictures for him, which he sticks on the fridge. "Did Carlisle say how far along you are?" "About 5 1/2 weeks." He nods.

When the food gets here we sit and eat while watching a random tv show. When we finish up I wash the dishes and head out as he calls my mom. I make the drive to Paul's and take my time. When I reach his apartment I'm not entirely sure he's home but I have the key so it doesn't necessarily matter. I open the door and see all the lights off. I turn on the living room light as I kick off my sandals and make myself comfortable. Turning on the tv I wait for him to arrive just rehearsing what I want to say in my head, knowing I'm going to say something entirely different. After a while of just sitting I get up and make something to eat for when he gets here just to give myself something to do. I quickly fry up some chicken and make some rice. As I finish up my phone rings and I answer it seeing it's Paul.

P: Babe where are you? I'm at your house and your car's not here.
R: I'm at yours. Look calm down and just come here. I have to tell you something.

He hangs up and I go back to sitting and waiting. When I hear his keys I stand up to greet him. As soon as he sees me he pulls me in for a tight hug, I hug him back just as tight knowing what he's going through with the pack and the news I'm about to tell him. He mumbled into my hair, "Bella's back." I pull away, "I know and I know about Sam's orders and Jake leaving the pack." He looks at me, "How do you know?" I sigh, "I was there, I didn't plan to be, and I'm not picking sides, Jake found out Bella called my dad and came by asking why I didn't tell him, then dragged me to the Cullen's. I found out when you did. Jake stormed out before I even knew." "So you've seen her. How bad it looks?" I nod, "I told her it's a mistake but she won't let anyone do anything, she just keeps saying it's her baby and everything will be alright, but even I can see it's killing her from the inside." He kisses my forehead knowing I'll break if I keep talking about it. I give him the plate of food that he easily starts devouring even though it's still hot, "Is that why you came over here?" I shake my head, "No, I'm here for a different reason." He looks at me. I take the plate from his hands and set it on the coffee table sitting next to it so I'm right in front of him, "When I went to the Cullens, after Jake stormed out and everything I was leaving but Jasper pulled me to the side he said my emotions were way more enhanced than they should've been but then he got quiet and said my heartbeat sounded weird. Carlisle agreed. They both said they just though it was Jake but since he left it left just me since they know what Bella's sounds like. So the took me to a room Carlisle has set up like a doctor's office. He uh did an ultrasound. I'm 5 1/2 weeks pregnant." I quickly blurt out the last part and look at his face. It takes a second to register in his head before a smile breaks out on his face and he stands up pulling me with him and spinning me around causing me to smile. "Really?" I nod, "Really. I have the pictures." He pulls me closer and kisses my head as we kind of rock back and forth. "Are you done holding me, I kind of have to pee." He chuckles and let's me go to finish his food as I go to the bathroom. When I'm washing my hands I can't help but smiling to myself, touching my stomach I think about the growing human inside of me. I shake it off and head back to the living room, I grab the blanket I made Paul leave on the couch and wrap myself in it as I sit down. Paul gets up to wash his plate before sitting back down and pulling me to him, "So were really doing this huh?" I look up and smile, "Yup." I reach forward for the envelope and pull out one of the pictures, mentally thanking Carlisle for printing out a lot. Handing the picture to Paul he has a soft smile on his face as he stares at it, "Guess we just found out what I'm doing with the extra room then." I laugh as I press my face into his neck taking in his warmth even though it's still summer time. I feel myself start to get sleepy and I guess Paul notices. He stands up offering me a hand, "Come on baby momma let's go to sleep." I smile as he leads me to the room where I change into one of his unused shirts and climb into his bed as he opens the window to let the breeze in. I lay on the side closest to the wall facing it as I get comfy moving the pillows the way I like it, when Paul climbs in he easily slides his arms around me pulling me close. His hand slowly moves to my stomach as he falls asleep, me soon following.

The next morning I wake up to Paul sitting next to me smiling to himself lost in thought. I softly poke him catching his attention, "What's going on?" He smiles giving me a kiss before mumbling on my lips, "I can hear it." I sit up, "Hear what?" He looks down, "The heartbeat. I can hear it. I thought I was loosing it and thought yours just sounded off but I started to focus on it and could hear the separate heartbeat. It's almost in tune with yours. It's barely loud enough but I can still hear it." I smile at how invested he already is, "How long have you been listening?" He shrugs, "I woke up to get some water and when I came back I noticed it." I nod, "Come on let's get ready for the day. I'm sure Sam wants to talk to the pack." I can hear the soft growl come from Paul's chest as he falls back onto the bed, "I don't want to go, I just want to cuddle." He tries to reach for me, "Nope let's get up." "Fine you're coming with me then." "Just for breakfast then I gotta head to the studio." I quickly shower and put on a black t shirt and some ripped jeans. I brush out my hair and slide on my sandals as Paul grabs the keys and my hand before we head to Emily's.