Chapter 2

Thank you for the votes and comments on Ch. 1! I'm so glad you are enjoying the story so far.

The giveaway is still on so don't forget to enter and good luck!

By the way, there are a few new names in this chapter. If any of them match famous real people, it wasn't on purpose. The same goes for the town name.

My fingers moved with ease over the piano keys, the tune something I made up as I went and that I probably wouldn't remember later on

My fingers moved with ease over the piano keys, the tune something I made up as I went and that I probably wouldn't remember later on. Mind solely focused on the music, I had blocked out the world around me entirely until another sound invaded my hearing. I briefly entertained the idea of ignoring it, but it had already brought me back to reality so I got up and headed towards my phone, looking at the caller ID before answering.

"Took you a while," David's deep voice greeted me. "Did I interrupt something?"

"As a matter of fact, you did." My tone was far less friendlier than his. "So you better say something interesting or I'm hanging up."

"I'm back in America." He didn't waste any time in announcing. Having been my on and off 'lover' as he called it - 'sex partner' is the term I used - for the past three or so years, he knew better than to test my patience. "I'd like to see my divine muse again."

A smirk formed on my face.

His divine muse.

David was an artist and he loved to paint me, often while I wore nothing at all. We'd met when I'd been seventeen and he'd been twenty-three, but that hadn't bothered neither him, nor me. He'd ended up in my bed, and I'd ended up on plenty of his canvases. Ones for personal viewing only until I'd turned legal and he could display me in an art gallery. It had been on my eighteen birthday that he'd bought me this huge penthouse and while I usually paid my own bills for electricity and water, he'd sometimes do that for me without me asking him to.

Three years and I was still the one who sparked his creativity like no one else. He'd gone to London for a few months along with some young male fashion model, but as always, he returned to me.

That suited me. He was good enough in bed for me to want a repeat and he was often travelling in search of inspiration so I didn't have to kick him out when I got bored.

Indeed. On and off suited me just fine.

I headed towards the fridge and took out a carton of milk. Luca appeared at my ankles as if summoned by magic and I poured some of the white liquid into his bowl. The greedy little bastard started lapping at it as soon as I was out of his way.

"I guess we can arrange something," I said, placing the carton on the counter and reaching for a glass so I could pour some milk for myself as well. "Not tonight though. I don't feel like it."

He chuckled.

"It will take me a couple of days to get to where you are anyway. I thought I'd call in advance, in case you had something already planned."