Chapter 9

Most of you said you didn't care if there is a naughty scene or that you'd even prefer there isn't at this point. Your comments have been heard... Read, and here's a clean(-ish) chapter.

I got up from the bed and went to the bathroom to throw away the condom

I got up from the bed and went to the bathroom to throw away the condom. Luca waited by the door for me with an authoritative look in his vivid green eyes. I'd already fed him before David got here, but that had been a few hours ago. Thinking I could use a snack myself, I headed for the kitchen area, opening the bag of goods I'd gotten from the Mayflour bakery.

The scents of vanilla and honey prevailed over the chocolate and strawberries. Naturally, since the first combo was from the many cookies I've gotten and the second from the single cupcake. I put the cupcake away and was just starting in on the cookies when a drawn-out mew demanded my attention.

Luca was now standing next my feet, glaring at me. I slowly munched on the cookie - way slower than I usually would - staring back at me.

His eyes narrowed even more.

I kept chewing at a leisurely speed.

His tail started twitching, the tip darting left and right.

I pointedly licked my fingers one by one.

He lowered his front body, strength building into his legs and I jumped out of the way just in time to avoid him pouncing on me. Opening the fridge, I laughed at his failed attack. I was sure he'd find a way to get back at me later for first ignoring him and then avoiding him punishing me by digging his claws into my body. He'd probably break something expensive, because that was what a vengeful Luca did. Other cats peed in your shoes, but he was finicky and liked his space clean so he never did that.

I poured him some milk in his bowl, then put the bottle back in the fridge. Thinking that it was still early and I could go for another round with David, I walked into the guest bedroom or, as Vika called it, 'my fuck room'. I never let any of my hookups in my bedroom, because it was mine and they had no business being there. Not even David, who'd gotten me this penthouse.

The man in question was lying on the bed, just as I'd left him, but his legs were no longer spread as I was no longer between them. He'd also managed to catch his breath while I'd disposed of the condom and nibbled on my cookie. His chiseled, shaved chest was rising and falling steadily, his eyes on me as I ambled towards the double bed.

"I was hoping you'd come back for round two," he said.

"Round three, if you count us fooling around before I fucked you." I stopped by the bed, looking down at him. He was a fine human specimen, especially when he wreaked of sex.

"Fine, round three," he chuckled, conceding, and extended his arm towards me in invitation.

I reached down and ran a finger over the large blue vein on his inner wrist. David's eyes closed and he sighed contently at my caress. I hadn't bitten him tonight; hadn't been hungry and hadn't felt like doing it for fun.