Chapter 10

How many of you are Callum fans?

I'm thinking of making this month's extra about him...

As I was coming home from work, I had a pretty good idea of how my evening would go: instant meal for dinner with the TV on for background noise, go for a jog with Bear, come home and take a shower, go to bed

As I was coming home from work, I had a pretty good idea of how my evening would go: instant meal for dinner with the TV on for background noise, go for a jog with Bear, come home and take a shower, go to bed. I anticipated some impatient barks from Bear as I'd come home too late the previous night to take him out; what I didn't anticipate was to open my front door and see Aleksei Maksimoff sprawled on my couch in all his inhuman appeal, and - thankfully - clothed.

The paper bag with the four instant meals slipped through my fingers and smashed onto the floor as I stood frozen under the doorframe.

Alec had the gall to raise an eyebrow at me as if I was reacting in some peculiar manner to him breaking into my apartment.

Breaking in.

Willing my limbs to move, I crouched and quickly checked the lock on my door; there were some faint scratches, but I couldn't tell if they were new or not. How had he gotten in?

And how did he know where I lived?

And why was he here?

And where... Where was Bear?

I shot up, frantically looking about my apartment.

That was when I noticed a large, silvery grey cat, sitting on my kitchen counter, its haughty gaze cast down towards my Bear, who was uncharacteristically quiet as he looked up at the feline with unrestrained curiosity, his tail sweeping the floor.

"You brought your cat." Out of all the ridiculous things - having Alec in my home, having him break in - the cat was just the last straw on the pile of 'What the Hell is happening?!'

"Yes, and your dog has been annoying us both," the blond devil remarked nonchalantly. "I barely got him to shut up. He was so excited to see us; some guard dog you have."

"To shut up?" I lurched inside until I was standing in front of him. "What did you do to my dog?"

"I just glared at him for a few seconds, he whined, sat on his furry ass, and shut his trap," he explained in a very disinterested tone.

"You... You glared at my dog?" I groundout through gritted teeth.

"He was annoying me," the devil annunciated slowly, as if speaking to a particularly mentally impaired individual.

"Out." I growled, my hands rounding into shaky fists.

He didn't move.

"Out." I repeated, louder, and got a sigh in response.

"Don't you want to know what I'm doing here?"

The word 'out' almost slipped out of my mouth for a third time in about a minute, but wishing to know the reasoning behind this intrusion, I replaced it with "Speak." Apparently, one-word sentences were all I could muster at the moment.