Chapter 4

"Mr

"Mr. King, Mr. Martinez, I'm Adam Westbrook - Mr. Maksimoff's lawyer." He introduced himself in a very professional, I-mean-business tone as he stepped towards the table.

"Mr. Maksimoff has refused a lawyer," King informed him calmly.

"Several times," Martinez added, a little irritated.

Ignoring both of them, Adam took a seat next to me, placed his briefcase on the metallic table and opened it.

"I'm sure he's changed his mind," Adam said, taking a few official-looking papers out of the briefcase and closing it.

"Sure," I said, leaning back in my chair. "Why not?"

Martinez glared at me once more, but King just sighed. He opened his mouth to speak, but the lawyer beat him to it:

"I see you haven't charged Mr. Maksimoff with anything."

"No," King replied simultaneously as his partner's "Not yet".

"I suggest you get on with the questioning," Adam proposed. "I'm sure you'd like to catch the perpetrator of this heinous act as soon as possible."

"You are familiar with the case then?" It was King who spoke and who, after Adam's affirmative reply, added "Do you need to speak to your client before we go on?"

"I don't think that will be necessary." Adam straightened the papers he'd put before himself in an even neater tiny pile. "And so, your questions are?"

"Did you murder Simon Wilson?" Martinez shot out to me.

"Oh, how straightforward." I made sure I gave him the most infuriatingly cocky grin I could muster.

Beside me, Adam cleared his throat in warning.

Behave, I could almost hear him say. If I did so, it would seem that he had control over me and I didn't like that. However, if I kept teasing the Sentinels, and more particularly Martinez, we could be here all day.

And I was getting hungry.

And bored.

"I fucked him and his girlfriend, and then I left with both of them exhausted, but very much alive."

"And you had a little snack." Martinez noted.

"The ice cream was delicious."

"I was talking about Simon and Sarah. We know you bit them."

Ah. So there was that. This I could get arrested for. But I wouldn't let them know I was worried. So I smiled pleasantly and was just about to tell them that yes, I had bitten both, and they had enjoyed it immensely - it even made Simon cum - when Adam spoke again:

"They were consenting Feaders. I have copies of their permits here." He slid the small stack of papers towards King who barely glanced at them before saying "Yes, we know. We've already checked." and pushing the papers back towards my lawyer.