Chapter 12

Some of you probably already know this, but in case you haven't read the messages on my board/Wattpad profile and are wondering why I haven't updated in a few weeks: I haven't abandoned this story. My grandfather was admitted to the ER early this month and some time after passed away. I wasn't in the mindset to write, but I'm getting back to it. I have a lot to catch up on, so please be patient with me!

You'll get a new chapter next Sunday and a Kennedy extra the Friday before that. Last month's one was about Callum and I'll link it in the first comment and as an External link for those of you who've missed it.

But now, let's get a dose of Alec.

I turned to lie on my stomach over the stack of pillows I had sprawled on my bed.

It was a late afternoon and I was bored out of my mind.

I didn't fancy playing the piano or the violin, I didn't feel like watching TV and I wasn't in the mood to go out. It was too early in the day and the clubs weren't even opened yet. Not that I was looking forward to a hookup either.

When you had too much of one thing, you eventually got bored with it.

I turned around, lying on my back.

What was I to do?

I'd tried texting Vika, but she was busy, so I had to find someone else to speak to.

I picked up my phone, pulled up Adam's number, and wrote:

Send me a nude

I didn't actually want to see him, but I imagined it would annoy him to get such a text any time of the day, but especially when he was at work. And sure enough, he replied:

Stop bothering me. I won't reply until you have something valuable to say.

I smirked, but that was it. A brief moment, and my fun was over. I scrolled through my contacts and grinned again as I saw the name Keri.

How are you and dear old Callum doing?

And I don't use "old" just as a part of the saying

A simple text of Not today Alec made me frown and the expression only deepened when I sent her a few more teasing messages and got nothing back. I knew the Silver Bullets' Alpha wouldn't have put up with me for long, but I'd been expecting some entertaining arguments to busy myself with for the next ten to fifteen minutes before she gave up and stopped replying.

Was everyone going to ignore me today?

Kennedy was next in line, but he was probably absorbed in a soccer game, so I scrolled down in search of someone else to amuse myself with. I could text David, but we'd recently hooked up and I had no desire to spoil him with more of my company.