Chapter 27

Want to know when I'll be uploading on each of the three platforms I post on? I'll give a link to my April schedule as an External link and in the first comment!

PS: I post my schedule on Patreon, but you don't need a Patreon account or to pay anything to be able to see it.

We took our plates of stirred fry to the living room where the TV was still on. I'd been so engrossed in Alec, I'd forgotten to turn the thing off, the professional tone of the news anchor an inconsequential background noise that I'd completely ignored.

Bear had trotted behind us and taken a spot at our feet after Alec and I had both sat on the couch. The doggy had already had his dinner and was too well-behaved to ask for our food; besides, he was too busy staring at our guest, excitement radiating from him.

"Is this what we'll be watching?" Alec nodded towards the screen, where the man in the navy blue suit was informing the viewers about repairs going on at a major highway and giving advice on alternative routes.

I took the remote from the coffee table and handed it to him, our fingers brushing as I did so. The contact sent a jolt of electricity through me, but Alec didn't seem to notice. Pale eyes trained on the screen, he began to flip through the channels until he got to an action movie that had already started. I vaguely remembered I'd seen it before, but it wouldn't have mattered if I hadn't; I'd still let Alec watch whatever he wanted.

I was the host, after all, and I had to admit: I was curious what he'd be interested in.

We ate in silence until a particularly loud explosion took the life of the main character's best friend.

"Is the volume okay with you?" I asked, taking into consideration his much more sensitive hearing.

"I chose the volume, remember?" He replied, taking a bite of his chicken and veggies. "Beside, you and I met at a club and the music there was much louder than the sound of your TV."

Pounding music instantly filled my ears, the smell of sex permeating the air, the feel of bodies jostling against me as I made my way to the bar that the fair-haired suspect was casually leaning against, ignoring the tall man who tried to engage him in conversation...

I cleared my throat and lightly shook my head to chase the memory away.

"So the volume there doesn't bother you?" I asked for having something to do, other than recollecting how I'd attempted to question Alec and ended up in his bed instead.

"It does," he admitted after a brief pause in conversation and took another forkful of stir fry.

I followed suit, then I asked: "Why do you go then?"

"Why do you think?" His answer was instant, a smirk on his face, but no joy or lewdness in his gaze.

"Surely Deviant isn't the only place you can find someone to hook up with."