Chapter 14

Kind of random, but my anxiety's been high lately and I want to share one of the ways that help me chill when I'm stressing out, just in case you are in the same boat: read something short and funny. There's a site/app called WebToons which is like Wattpad, but for comics. There are plenty of different comics there, but here are three that have short chapters and almost always bring a smile to my face:

- Small World by Wonsun Jinauthor (featuring a cute gay couple)

- Slack Wyrm by Josh Wright (the star of the comic is a lazy, naughty dragon)

- My name is Death by Rumbo (has dark humor; the main character is Death himself)

I'll link each in the first comment along with the WebToon site (also given as External link). But before you head to check those out, here's some Alec and Ian for you.

"Your familiar isn't with you tonight?" Adrian asked after opening his door for me and glancing up and down the hallway for good measure

"Your familiar isn't with you tonight?" Adrian asked after opening his door for me and glancing up and down the hallway for good measure. I found his greeting - if it could be called that - amusing, so I smirked and raised an eyebrow in a cocky display I knew would tease him.

"'Familiar'?" I asked, moving past him and into his apartment.

"Or minion. Whichever."

I heard him close the door and follow me towards the couch.

"Oh, you do not want Luca to hear you call him that." I swirled around, taking my jacket off and throwing it over the armrest before sprawling myself on the couch.

Adrian frowned, took the discarded item and headed back towards the front door, hanging the clothing on the coat stand there.

"Why not?" He asked, walking back towards me. "You think he'll understand and get insulted?"

"Of course," I replied without hesitation and got a snort in reply. The gesture was casual and way too relaxed for the person who stood before me, and I wondered why he was this calm tonight.

A little liquid help maybe?

Or herbal one?

But I couldn't smell neither alcohol, nor weed on him, and he didn't seem the type to seek aid from those. It had to be something else.

A pep talk with himself before I came in?

If Adrian was able to stay calm in my presence just with that, then I had to up my game.

"If I call your pooch stupid in front of it, you'll get angry that I'm hurting its little feelings."

"No." He crossed his arms over his chest. "I'll get angry because you are wrong. Bear is an awesome dog..."

"That looks like a mop..."

"... Who does not look like a mop..."

Seeing his composure begin to crack, I smirked inwardly.