A New, But Old Friend

Asuna's P.O.V

Asuna: K-Kirito!?

Kirito: Asuna!? You play Sword Art Online?!

Asuna: Well yea! You play?!

Kirito: Yea, I got it a week ago.

I was very amazed that a friend of mine played this game. Especially Kirito, I mean he seems more like an easygoing person, but he's playing sao. A game where you kill monsters and talk with people from who knows where. 

After our little meeting he started to walk away. Of course I ran after him. He can't just walk away, we can go on so many adventures! Little did I know he had different plans.

Asuna: Wait Kirito!

I grabbed his arm to lead him to a halt.

Asuna: Where are you going? We can hang out! Don't you want to spend time with me?

That last part I said kind of slipped out and I didn't notice what I said until I thought of it. I swiftly let go of his arm and waited for his response while looking down.

Kirito: It's not like I don't want to spend time with you Asuna, it's just I'm usually a solo player. I work by myself.

A frown slowly spread across my face.

Asuna: Oh...ok..thats fine...cya later.

As I turned around I was soon stopped by someone's hand intertwining with mine.

Kirito: Wait!

I turned around to see him staring into my eyes with a concerned face.

Kirito: I mean I can hang around with someone today.

I saw him shrug as he said that, but an exciting feeling flushed over me. 

Asuna: Yay!

Then I see that our hands were still intertwined together and we then both looked at eachother. Blushing, we let go quickly and started to walk towards a grassy area without trees.

Kirito: So, what do you want to do?

Asuna: Hmm...let's have a picnic!

Kirito: Ok.

I got in my inventory and pulled out a basket with food in it. I was actually planning on having dinner, but I decided to have dinner here with Kirito. I made sandwiches and put some tea on the side. I cut up some apples and put it by the sandwich. I then helped Kirito set up the picnic blanket and we finally sat down and started eating.

Kirito: Asuna these sandwiches are great!

Asuna: Thanks!

With that said I had seen him gulp the whole thing down as he took a sip of his tea. We then realized that the sun was going down, but when we went to leave we couldn't. The sun was like hypnotizing us, so we stayed and watched it. It was beautiful and I'm pretty sure Kirito thought so too. Then he leaned back while I stayed sitting.

Kirito: I'm glad I chose to spend time with you today Asuna.

I felt my cheeks get warmed, but shook it off.

Asuna: I'm glad you agreed to hang out with me.

I then had seen Kirito's face get a little serious as he got close. My eyes started to close as I got close as well. Then before we could do anything a big wave of wind brushed the blanket towards the basket which scattered all the apple pieces.

Asuna: Oh great..

I started to pick up each apple slice off the ground and noticed that someone else seemed to be helping. I looked up to see Kirito picking up apple slices one by one. His face looked a little red then I realized what we almost did. I jolted backwards from noticing what we almost did.

Asuna: Oof!

Kirito: You ok?

He held out his hand for me to take. I soon placed my hand in his as he stood me up. We were now very close to eachother once again. I had noticed the sun had completely gone and backed away from Kirito while also taking my hand.

Asuna: I guess we should log out, it's getting late.

Kirito: Yea, I'll see you tomorrow at school. Will you play after school?

Asuna: Probably! I'll see you tomorrow too!

Then we logged out and I soon faced my ceiling instead of Kirito's face. I closed my eyes as I thought what would have happened if that wind didn't come. I then decided to let my thinking come to me tomorrow and fell happily asleep.