Lies To My Mom

Asuna's P.O.V

Ms. Yuuki: What were you doing up there?

She was very persistent.

Asuna: B-Because I-I couldn't find my brush...!

Ms. Yuuki: Ok...sit down.

I sat down across from her and started eating. As I ate my first bite I remembered a question.

Asuna: Mother? Why did you come back so early?

Ms. Yuuki: What? I can't some back early to see my daughter?

Asuna: Oh..

I talked under my breath.

Asuna: I'm sure it wasn't because of me..

Ms. Yuuki: What was that?

Asuna: N-Nothing... just this food it's delicious..

Ms. Yuuki: It was only made by the maid, Asuna.

Asuna: R-Right..

I continued eating and picked up my plate after I was done. I washed the plate and set it in the cabinet. Then after I was done I froze as my mom stared at me. I realized I just washed a plate and place it in the cabinet. Usually I would leave it on the table and let the maid get it, but I was with Kirito for a whole week, so it was in my routine. 

Asuna: I-I uh.. umm felt like helping...

My mom stared at me confused as walked out the dining room to my room. I ran to my room and started to text Kirito about my mom and tomorrow.

Text from Asuna: You home yet?

Text from Kirito: Yep. Why was your mom so early?

Text from Asuna: She said, "What? I can't see my daughter?" Pfff pah-lease

Text from Kirito: 🤣

Text from Asuna: I know!

Text from Kirito: Hah maybe your mom is actually trying to be nice to you.

Text from Asuna: Yea right. Anyway that was the reason

Text from Kirito: What do you want to do tomorrow. I made lots of time to spend time with you. 😊

Text from Asuna: You're so sweet! Maybe we can go to the movies and afterwards go to dinner?

Text from Kirito: Sounds like a plan! Love you and good night. I'll pick you up by eleven!

Text from Asuna: Love you!

My mom walked in the room as I finished up my last text. I quickly pushed it under my pillow and waved at my mom nervously.

Ms. Yuuki: Who were you talking to?

Asuna: O-Oh...umm...m-my brother?

Ms. Yuuki: You were, well that's a coincidence. He and you and his father will be coming home tomorrow for dinner. It's at eleven. Make sure your ready, I don't want my daughter to embarrass me in front of my own family.  

With that she left the room with me speechless. Kirito made special time for me and I have to go to dinner. No, I'm not going to dinner. But how will I escape? Would my brother be helpful? 

I was so scared of what would happen. I had the guilt on my shoulders as I got ready for bed and fell asleep.

In the morning, I woke up with a sudden:

???: Wake up sis!

I scurried my eyes everywhere until they landed on my brother's eyes.

Kouichirou: Good morning sis!

Asuna: K-Kouichirou?! W-Why are you here!?

Kouichirou: Well I went to say good morning...

Asuna: I mean, weren't you supposed to come to dinner?

Kouichirou: Me and Dad. I came here early.

My brain continued to process what was happening until I thought of something.

Asuna: Kouichirou...?

Kouichirou: You know I miss you saying Onii~Chan, but oh well. Now what?

I gave him puppy dog eyes as I pretended to tear up.

Asuna: Onii~Chan...?

Kouichirou: *sigh* What do you want?

Asuna: I'm going on a date with someone today and I need you to help me sneak out.

Kouichirou: W-WHAT!? YOU'RE GOING ON A DATE!?

Asuna: Shhh shh...I-I'm sorry..it's just I can't hurt his feelings and-

Kouichirou: No no... it's not that..it's just my sister *sniff* has finally *sniff* found someone...

He pretended to cry in happiness as I rolled my eyes. To make him stop I threw a pillow at his face.

Asuna: Shut up!

He laughed and sat on the edge of my bed.

Kouichirou: So, when's he coming?

Asuna: THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!!!

I jumped up and hugged him as much as I could.

Kouichirou: Hahaha... ok ok now you have to be the one to shh..

Asuna: R-Right! So he's coming at eleven.

Kouichirou: Wow, that's the same time-

Asuna: I know! Anyway were going to the movies and then were going to eat dinner afterwards.

Kouichirou: Wait, wait, wait, I don't even know this guy's name.

Asuna: Kiri-erm Kazouto Kirigaya.

Kouichirou: What were you about to say? A pet name did I hear?

Asuna: S-Stop it! Anyway so how are you going to help me?

Kouichirou: I have a plan and I will explain, but there will be a catch.

Asuna: What's the catch?

Kouichirou: I have to go with you to dinner!

Asuna: What!?

Kouichirou: C'mon! I haven't spent any time with my little sis lately and now she has a boyfriend.

Asuna: Fine..., but not for the movies!

Kouichirou: Yay! Ok, so I'm going to tell mom that another business meeting has come up and I have to go. Hopefully she'll let you do anything if it's just her and our dad. Then I get some time to myself while you sneak out the window after saying your going to sleep to mom. You meet with Kazouto before he gets to the door and go to the movies. I again have free time. Then you text me where your heading out to and I'll be there to talk with your *sniff* boyfriend! Deal?

I rolled my eyes as he started fake tearing up again.

Asuna: Deal.

Now all we had to do was wait till nine-a-clock then we start our plan. To past the time me and my brother talked about Kirito and ourselves. He talked about how he almost got a girl until he forgot their anniversary for the 4th time. I laughed so hard as he sat in silence being all sad. Then he started asking me embarrassing moments and he laughed too. I missed my brother.