Putting My Foot Down

Asuna's P.O.V

I turned to Kirito, realizing I had forgotten the secret. The Secret.

Asuna: Oh, I remember! Friday, right?

Kirito nodded slightly, with blush still on his cheeks.

Asuna: Jeez, you're making me nervous! You act kind of weird when we talk about the secret.

Kirito: W-What...? I-I do? 

I nodded curiously. Kirito's pink cheeks turned more pink as it looked like he was thinking about something.

Kirito: Umm...I-

Sinon: Kirito!

The flash of light blue hair came and went quickly as if the direction I was looking at was interrupted by water, or a flying blue cat...I don't know... I turned my head seeing Sinon's blue ears, showing a bit of pink at the tips. Her tail swayed endlessly as she began talking to Kirito. I didn't even notice what they were talking about. I just kept staring as if I was right all along that Kirito would be happier with her. Little did I know, someone's face was looking at me straight back, his coal black eyes focusing on me only. Not the blue haired archer, but me. My hearing began to focus more when I heard Kirito's stern voice.

Kirito: Thanks Sinon, but no. We're going to the boss room with the girls, ok? 

Sinon: Yea, but..

I watched as Sinon looked at me with a straight face, then back at Kirito with a nervous smile.

Sinon:...the last leaves are falling for the start of winter, plus Asuna hasn't been feeling so good. It would be better if we let her go with Leafa, Silica, and Liz while we can just, I don't know...watch the leaves fall...together.

I stood their in disbelief. Did she really just..? I shivered in disgust and a bit of hatred towards her. Kirito went to speak, but I held up my hand, signaling him to stop talking.

Asuna: You know what Sinon? I appreciate the way you've been wanting to take care of me, but stealing Kirito isn't going to help any of us. Go ahead! Watch the leaves fall together! I'm not his girlfriend or anything, so yea! Hope you have a wonderful time!

I felt so frustrated, steam could've been coming out my ears. I stormed off, having each of my steps create a footprint in the dirt. I was startled by a hand on my shoulder, holding it's place till I stopped. I examined behind myself to see Kirito there, looking out of breath and tired.

Asuna: Kirito, you need rest in the real world. You should stop running after me like this. 

I felt a little bad and held my hands to his face, so he'll look at me. I stared right at his messy hair and began to fix it, even though I felt Kirito's eyes landing on me. My attention was only on his hair, nothing else. Though, I did feel a pain of guilt for leaving him like that, so I glanced at him to see nothing, but a small smile on his face.

Asuna: W-What is it?

I was a little confused. Why was he smiling? Did I do something funny? Maybe I should smile too?

Kirito: I love you.

I stumbled back at his forward statement. I knew my face was as red as a tomato, or Erza's hair. I looked back at him, still confused.

Asuna: What?

Kirito stepped closer to me. Are noses were inches apart, and I could feel myself burning up.

Kirito: I said, I love you.

Asuna: I-I mean I know what you said, but- AH!

I felt myself getting swept off my feet into Kirito's arms.

Asuna: W-What are you...?

Kirito rubbed his nose on mine and smiled.

Kirito: Let's go with Leafa, Silica, and Liz, ok?

I nodded slightly, while still blushing. He ran me all the way to one of the floors where we saw Leafa, Silica, Liz, and Klein fighting a mantis sort of thing.

Kirito: Hey, Klein's here.

I nodded as Kirito gently placed me down.

Asuna: Let's join in!

I grabbed his hand and spoke a few hellos, but we soon after started fighting with them.

Leafa: I'm taking the left! Liz take the right, Klein and Silica attack under it, Kirito attack it in the front, and Asuna heal Silica.

Liz, Klein, Silica, Kirito, Asuna: Right!

I began to heal Silica, and her HP went up quickly. I added a bit of MP as well, just to be safe. I looked around to see Leafa's health a bit down, so I went to heal her until I felt a sharp pain in my stomach and I realized the red eyed monster took a hit at me. I was tooclose.

Asuna: Ack!

Kirito: Asuna!

I heard Kirito grunt and try to get to me while the monster launched an attack at him. 

Asuna: I'm ok! I'll heal myself, just keep fighting. 

I glanced to see Leafa's health in the red section. Must heal her first! I brought out my hands and directed it towards Leafa. I successfully done so, but another attack from the giant mantis was about to hit me. I braced myself for the hit, but flinched to see Kirito right in front of me blocking the attack.

Kirito: I thought you were going to heal yourself! Hurry up and do so.

Asuna: I will!

I quickly learned my MP was a little low and that I had to get some hits on the monster to make it rise again. I pulled out a healing crystal instead and used that own myself. I pulled out my rapier and attacked the monster with Kirito.

I felt a smirk grow on my face as I begun constructing orders.

Asuna: Leafa, Liz, go behind it, Silica distract it by running away from it then when it gets close attack from under, Kirito, Klein, attack from the sides!

I joined the girls behind the monster to attack it. Once Silica slid under it, we all attacked it and it's health went all the way to zero. We gazed at the monster, now turning into shiny small shards, that disappeared after a few seconds.

The wind brushed against my outfit and sword, but it only caused my hair and outfit to sway with it. I was focusing on my rapier and realized I haven't used it in awhile.  I tilted my head and Kirito's face appeared on the reflection of the sword. I looked up at Kirito and he smiled down at me.

Kirito: You still got it, Asuna?

I smiled wearily and looked down at the sword once again.

Asuna: Yea...

Klein: Sup you guys! Sorry, I couldn't visit you in the hospital, Kirito. Had to stay home with my mom, but Liz texted me.

Kirito: It's alright, bro.

I waved at Leafa, Silica, and Liz. They all headed in my direction and asked me if I was ok. I nodded and started teasing Liz with Klein. She blushed and threatened to kill me with her own bare hands. I laughed and felt an arm go around my shoulder. I looked up to see Kirito still talking to Klein, but with his arm still around me. We kept talking for a couple minutes, and I realized that I liked it this way. Just us. With no worries. Just hanging out. Like friends do. And of course, like boyfriends and girlfriends do as well.