Taking Action!

Asuna's P.O.V

I woke up to Kirito's snoring. It made me feel calm, but I knew I had school today. I quietly left the room and pulled out some light pink shorts and a white frilly shirt. I stretched then went to wake Kirito up. I stood next to him then kneeled on the floor, so our faces were close.

Asuna: Kiritooooo~

I said it softly, but enough to make him wake up.

Kirito: Hm?

Asuna: Time to wake up~

Unexpectedly he kissed me and sat up.

Kirito: Ok... 

He got up and I let him take a shower. After he was done he got changed and got ready for school. We both ate toast and ran out the house. We soon made it to school and it was 7:49 when we got there.

Asuna: Ok got to go! Bye love you!

I placed a kiss on his cheek.

Kirito: Love you too, bye!

With that we both ran to our lockers then classes barely making it on time. As I sat down I could hear whispering behind me. I looked behind me and I saw Sinon smirking with some other girls while giggling. Something didn't feel right. She might've been gossiping. Was she gossiping about me? As soon as I got into my thoughts the bell rang.

While the teacher was teaching I noticed Liz looked a lot better, but looked kind of down. After the bell rang for the class to be over with I turned to her and went to ask her what was up.

Asuna: Liz, you look better. Why do you seem upset?

Liz pointed behind me and I saw Sinon with her friends laughing again. I tried to listen carefully, but only got some of the conversation.

Sinon: Omg and did you know Asuna went to Olive Garden? That's why she's so fat!

Friend: I know! Speaking of fat her friend must be joining her.

Other Friend: Oh, you mean Liz. Yea, she's been gaining a few extra pounds. Either that or she's pregnant!

The three girls laughed off out of the classroom. I was utterly speechless. I looked over to Liz and saw her tearing up. I was beyond my limit. I didn't care what they said about me anymore, but hurting my friends and the people I love is way out of line! My face was red with anger and I stood Liz up to her feet.

Asuna: Liz, I'm going to show them not to mess with you anymore ok? I don't care if they mess with me, but messing with people I care about!? 

I started to mutter stuff under my breath that I wouldn't say aloud. Then I felt a pat on my back and looked up to see Liz slightly smiling.

Liz: It's ok, Asuna. I shouldn't let my day go to waste because of this.

We then started walking to science when I heard the familiar voices again.

Friend: Sinon, you're way better with Kirito!

Other Friend: Yea! I don't know why Asuna is trying so hard. She must be desperate.

Sinon: Oh, I know!

I literally thought steam was coming from my body. My face turned red with anger and I tightened my grip on my bag.

Liz: Asuna...

Asuna: Liz don't stop me.

Liz: You didn't let me finish! Asuna...get 'em!

We both smiled and walked in. As soon as we did we went to look at the girls that started giggling once they saw us. I wanted to knock them out, but Liz was there to calm me down even though she was mad too. Kirito smiled at me and my face suddenly turned happy. Kirito was confused why I was mad, so I decided to tell them off after class.

Asuna: After class.

Liz: Ok.

We sat down next to Kirito like we usually do. Kirito made a confusing face and I explained everything. After I did Kirito's eyes were shadowed by his hair, but then the bell rang to start class. During class Kirito fell quiet and Liz looked determined. I kind of felt bad for Kirito because I knew technically the only reason they were gossiping about us was because Liz was friends with me and I'm with 'Sinon's man'. I stayed calm during the lesson, but when the bell rang to end class I was ready to let out some steam.

I walked up to the trio as Liz stood behind me. I had noticed Sinon smirking while giggling under her breath as I came closer.

Asuna: Sinon.

Sinon: Yes Asuna?

Her devilish eyes were still there, but she made her voice sound sweet.

Asuna: I overheard you gossiping about me and Liz. Ever since you found out that Kirito and I were dating you went all rage mode on me! I shed a few tears, but now there gone. This gossiping is now affecting my friends and I want you to stop! 

I looked around to see a few people staring, but I couldn't find Kirito. Still, Liz was behind me which led me to comfort.

Sinon: Ha. Like I would. What will you do for me if I stop? Nothing? Then you must be out of your mind.

Asuna: Sinon, you shouldn't be doing this at all. I would get the counselors involved if I have to. 

Sinon: Tattle Tail~!

Friend: Tattle Tail!

Other Friend: A fat one too!

The Trio: A big fat tattle tail!

Liz went to punch, but missed. Sinon slapped Liz and Liz landed in my arms.

Asuna: Liz!

Sinon: Now your turn, you ugly waste of space.

Someone must've gotten in front of me because when she went to slap I couldn't feel the pressure of her hand on my face. I stopped my eyes from shutting and looked up to see the love of my life. As Kirito got in front of me Sinon slapped his arm instead of me.

Sinon: K-Kirito!

Kirito looked furious. He took back his arm and noticed it was red. If he hadn't put his hand in the way my face would have been red as a tomato.

Kirito: I want you to stay away from Asuna, Liz, and myself or I'll also contact the counselors.

Sinon: K-Kirito, it's not what you think! See Asuna was about to hit me and I needed to defend myself so I-

Kirito: Stop! I heard the whole thing. I don't know how I'll explain to the nurse what happened to Liz.

With that Sinon sobbed and ran out the school with her friends after her. Kirito and I brought Liz to the nurse's office. The nurse said she would be good by tomorrow. Since we stopped by the nurse the day was almost over, so we got excuses for our absence. At the end of the day when Kirito and I went to walk home we were both silent. We were about to depart when Kirito grabbed my hand.

Kirito: Please tell me when stuff like this is happening. 

Asuna: Of course.

We kissed, but when I went to back away and look into Kirito's eyes I saw he was crying a little.

Asuna: Kirito, whats wrong?

Kirito: I-I don't know w-what I would do i-if you got hurt...

We hugged and then we both decided that I would stay at his house for the night. Though, it was only Monday.