Closer

Asuna's P.O.V

Friday was coming closer. I was at home and I had just come back from school. I wanted to play sao, but I decided to get a snack first. I ate some pocky and went back to my room. I nibbled on my pocky when I had gotten a text.

Text from Liz: Wanna plat sao? You usually do, but you're not on. Kirito and I are worried about you. Of course you don't have to. I like spending time with Kirito alone.

I felt a sting of pain crawl through my spine. Without hesitating I typed back.

Text from Asuna: Oh I'm coming, I just went to get a snack first.

Text from Liz: Ok..

I finished my snack and got on sao. I put my nerve gear on.

Asuna: Link start!

I appeared in a cabin house. I remembered this is when Kirito took my hand and brought me here away from the other girls. I looked around to see nobody anywhere. I opened the door and walked around. I then walked a little further and saw Liz and Kirito. Liz was a little closer to Kirito today. I was caught staring at them when Kirito looked at me. He looked like he just witnessed someone eating a kitkat wrong. I saw him trying to pry Liz off him. I realized he was probably scared I got the wrong idea of Liz and him together, but I knew the truth. I walked up to them as Kirito suddenly gave up.

Kirito: Hey Asuna!

He said that kind of nervoulsy and loud, so Liz can pay attention to me and not hugging him.

Liz: Oh hey!

She stopped hugging him and looked towards me.

Asuna: Heh, was I in the middle of something?

My heart sank saying that, but I tried to smile, so she wouldn't think I disliked her with him. Liz looked over to him.

Liz: Maybe..

She smiled and winked at Kirito.

Kirito: U-Uh no! We weren't!

Liz had a pouted face and then walked along the road in front of us.

Kirito: Asu-!

I stopped him with a quick kiss, so Liz couldn't see. 

Asuna: I know nothing was going on. Don't be worried! I know you love me!

I said the last part quietly, but loudly so he could hear. I stuck out my tongue and smiled.

Kirito: I shouldn't have been worried.

He smiled and leaned for another kiss. I went to lean too when we heard Liz's voice.

Liz: What are you guys doing?

Kirito and I quickly backed away from eachother and started blushing like crazy.

Asuna: N-Nothing!

I turn to see Kirito looking at the ground and Liz staring at me with concern in her eyes.

Liz: Well alright.

Liz started to walk in between us after that. Kirito and I would glance at eachother and smile, but we had to do it quickly, so Liz didn't see. We finally arrived to the "Town of Beginnings". We were looking for an item called Tokobestu. It was supposed to help with health. After we were done looking through the "Town of Beginnings" we started heading towards the forest. Liz was still in the middle of us when we were entering.

Liz: We'll split up. Kirito and I will go right and Asuna you go left.

My face was flustered.

Asuna: Well what about you go right, I go left, and Kirito goes straight?

I said that while gritting my teeth.

Liz: Ok what is with you Asuna! You keep getting closer to Kirito! It's weird.He doesn't like when people do that. You're not his girlfriend or anything. Are you trying to get me away from him? If so you're so mean! Right Kirito!?

She started hugging him by the arm as tears glistened in my eyes.

Liz: Just stay away from me and Kirito!

Kirito: Liz! STOP!

My tears had finally fallen. I had seen Kirito push Liz off of him. I didn't want to be there any longer though. I ran staright forward not looking back. I heard Kirito screaming out my name. I didn't her Liz though, so she probably stayed behind. We were far in the forest until I felt someone grab my hand and turn me around. Kirito had concern in his eyes. Without a second more I felt his lips press against mine. I was leaning against a tree while he was still kissing me. One of his hands held my shoulder while the other was on the tree I was leaning on. We stayed there for a couple of seconds when we finally stopped to take a breath. Breathless, he looked in my eyes.

Kirito: Let's...just...tell...her. I hate...seeing...you..upset. This...is my fault...

Before he could continue I started kissing him again. I stopped and began to speak.

Asuna: *sniff* As long as she *sniff* doesn't get this close to you *moves closer* I'll be fine.

With that we kissed again and it made me feel warm inside. We ended up staying in the forest for a while. We only came out when we didn't see Liz. 

Kirito: I'm going to come over to your house, ok?

Asuna: K-Kirito it's like 9:00pm!

Kirito: I need to know that you are safe then I'll leave you alone.

I nodded and logged out the same time he did. I looked in the mirror to see me eyes puffy and tears stained on my cheeks. I went to the bathroom and washed my face. I heard a knock on the door. I ran to the door to see, of course, Kirito. As soon as I saw him a threw my hands around him. I put my head in his shoulder. I felt someone touch my legs and pull them up around Kirito's waist. Kirito held my legs while he walked in and closed the door. He went to my room and sat me down. He was half way on me. He was leaning on the bed with his forehead on mine and his hands right beside my legs.

Kirito: Is this close enough for you?

Asuna: Hmm..nope!

He smirked and then planted a kiss on me. When he went back to look at my eyes, I was smiling.

Asuna: That's the kind of closeness I want! Hehehehe.

He smiled and then got under the covers and laid down next to me. I laid down as well and we fell asleep without a word.