Sempiternal

Asuna's P.O.V

The little hearts I drew on my paper consists of darker shades, lighter shades, and just empty ones. My mind fell blank whenever I tried to listen to the lesson. I glanced at Liz to see what she was doing and all I saw was her almost falling asleep. I giggled to myself and looked out the window to my left. More leaves fell as they were like harbingers for the winter. I then gazed at the clock.

Asuna: Five more minutes...

I mumbled.

Aki Natsuki: Asuna! I would like you to answer. What is the estimate of the population in Japan that speak English.

Asuna: U-Uh! Um.. uh, of course. Um...

I looked to my right seeing Liz holding up a piece of paper and pointing at it.

Asuna: Uh... watch My Hero-NO! Uh 15 million people or 12 percent ma'am!

I saw Liz facepalm herself as she tried to erase the reminder on her paper she set for herself. I guess I wasn't supposed to see that. I quickly checked to see the teacher's face, hoping she would believe me.

Aki Natsuki: Very well. Please pay more attention

I nodded.

Asuna: Yes ma'am.

After a very rocky start in the morning, it was finally time to leave science. I don't even know why we had to learn the population of English people in the first place. Though, we were doing a chart about it, so I guess that is kind of science.

I jumped out of my seat and began to collect my text books in my arms. Liz had caught up with me before I left the classroom. Though, a teacher soon caught my attention.

Aki Natsuki: Ms. Yuuki, may I see you for a second.

I turned to the teacher then back at Liz.

Liz: Don't worry I'll tell Kirito. See you later.

I gave a small wave then walked toward the teacher that expected my presence.

Aki Natsuki: I've been looking at your recent grades lately.

Oh no. Are my grades dropping? Will I have to take summer classes? Did I fail any classes? I don't remember failing any classes. Wait, do I have to restart my second year of college?!

Aki Natsuki: You've been getting perfect grades.

Asuna: Wait...what?

Aki Natsuki: I think you should join a more elite school and practice your studies to get there.

Asuna: But...

Aki Natsuki: Just, think about it.

I nodded my head slowly looking at the ground. If I transfer schools, I won't be around Kirito. I walked slowly to my next class, thinking. I could easily turn down the offer, but if my mom hears about it, she might make me. I shook my head. She changed, right?

I walked through the history class, not realizing a pair of a certain someone's eyes staring me down. I finally sat down and sighed, while placing my head on the desk. I felt a hand go on my back.

Kirito: You alright?

I nodded slowly and looked up at him. His facial expressions turned into a very concerned feeling. I smiled at some of his hairs sticking up, showing the low effort he took when brushing it. I glanced at the blush tinted on his cheeks and then his dark eyes. Eyes that could take you to a universe or grab your attention like a black hole grabbing for your soul. Even if I were given that opportunity, I would still stay with Kirito.

I blushed and kissed him on the cheek swiftly. That turned to him blushing and stuttering while asking why I did that. All I did was smile and hold his hand.

After doing worksheets on the Meiji Restoration, I would glance at the clock, eager to know what the secret was. Then soon enough the bell rang, signaling us to leave.

I grabbed my books and followed Kirito out the door with Liz following behind me. Kirito looked at me and smiled.

Kirito: How was science?

Asuna: Good.

I tried ignoring the fact that I might be moving schools, so I looked away from his gaze, so he didn't know I was lying. Though, I still felt Kirito's eyes trained on me.

Kirito: Now, something is definitely wrong. You better tell me.

I blushed and glanced at the ground while twiddling with my thumbs quietly.

Liz: Is it something about what that teacher said to you after class?

Kirito and I both rapidly turned to her for different reasons. Me, because I didn't want her to say anything else and Kirito, probably because he didn't know that and now knows that it's a hint of why I'm not in my normal mood.

Asuna: L-Liz! Be quiet!

Kirito: What'd she say?

Asuna: Nothin-

Kirito: Asuna.

I sighed and shooed Liz away. She pouted and reluctantly stepped away from the conversation and went into the cafeteria. I glanced up at Kirito and took a breath.

Asuna: Well, the teacher called me after class because she wanted to notify me about my grades. At first I thought it was something bad like if I failed a test or even a class maybe. So I started to panic, but then she said it was the perfect scores I was making. I was confused until she said that...she wanted me to study for a more elite school. A different school. Away from you. I didn't want to tell you, because I thought it would ruin your day plus I wanted to know the secret. That was probably selfish though.

I squinted my eyes, ready for a yell or tears or something negative. Though, after a few seconds nothing was heard nor nothing happened. I took a risk and glanced up to him to find a smile plastered on his face.

Kirito: Really?

Asuna: Y-Yea..?

Kirito: That's amazing!!! Why didn't you tell me sooner?!

He hugged me and kissed my cheek. I blushed and pushed away for a second, confused.

Asuna: Why are you not-

Kirito: Asuna, I was also picked to be studying for elite schools. We can get in the same school!

I couldn't believe my ears. Was this truly happening? All the bad luck in my life with my mom's suitors, Oberon, Richard, a breakup and now this? My eyes filled with tears as I jumped in his arms. I wasn't going to leave Kirito.

He hugged me tighter.

Kirito: Besides, even if we didn't go to the same school, I would make time to see you. And don't call yourself selfish, I'm actually really happy that you're excited about the secret. So, please don't feel bad about anything. Even if you try to push me away, you'd have a hard time because I'm not leaving you, ever.

My tears had finally fallen as I began to sob. I had such the perfect boyfriend. I loved him so much.