A Mother's Permission

Asuna's P.O.V

Mrs. Yuuki: Please come sit, Kazouto.

Kirito: Yes ma'am.

The lovely smell of Teriyaki Chicken filled the air, reaching every corner of the room. It took about thirty minutes for my mom to make this chicken, but it will be totally worth it with Kirito joining us. I could tell Kirito was hungry from the fact that I told him I was going to make him something to eat, but didn't and the way he consequently held his stomach out of hunger and less noise.

After spectating my dark-haired boyfriend, I finally sat down by him. I gazed up at his face which caused a smile to spread across mine. He looked like a little kid pouting over food he has to wait for. I quickly kissed the pouting kid's cheek and he finally turned to look at me.

Mrs. Yuuki: Asuna, no flirting with the guest!

Asuna: Mom, he's my-

Mrs. Yuuki: No, no, no! It's still impolite.

I frowned and started to do my own pouting face which made Kirito chuckle. That is, until I could smell the source of the Teriyaki Chicken scent. I glanced over at my mom setting the rice, chicken, and gravy on the table. As I looked in that direction, I made a pit stop to look at Kirito. He seemed happy. He seemed included. He seemed that he really liked my mom!

Once my mom sat down she motioned us that we may start eating. Of course, I grabbed the rice bowl first, but Kirito seemed very hesitant.

Kirito: Are you sure I'm not intruding on dinner, ma'am?

Mrs. Yuuki: Nonsense, please eat. I will feel worse if you don't.

Asuna: Yes, Kirito, please eat, I look like a pig if I'm eating alone.

Kirito: Well, you're lucky, Asuna, because no matter what you eat, you still look beautiful.

Asuna: K-Kirito...

Mrs. Yuuki: I said no flirting you two!

I blushed and twiddled with my thumbs in a nervous motion. Kirito is just the sweetest guy! I'm glad my mom finally likes him, because I don't know what I'd do if I was force to break up with him.

Mrs. Yuuki: Ahem..I didn't want Kazouto for dinner just because I wanted him here, I actually wanted to talk about something serious.

Oh no. I should've known my mother wouldn't want Kirito for dinner just to be nice. She might just criticize him or make fun of his lack of money. I hovered my head a little down, so no one could see the disappointment in my eyes. How could she do this? 

Mrs. Yuuki: Kazou- Kirigaya, I know you love my daughter.

My head shot right up in surprise as I heard those words come out of her mouth. What does she want to say?

Kirito: Yes ma'am I do.

I turn to Kirito in astonishment, he didn't seem nervous at all talking about this subject to my mother.

Mrs. Yuuki: And as you might know, I'm a bit over protective of her.

I almost laughed. Seriously? Said the women who set me up with a guy that punched Kirito and almost harassed me. I sighed and continued to listen.

Mrs. Yuuki: Though...

I gazed at my mom in curiosity.

Mrs. Yuuki: Someday I'll have to let her go.

Asuna: M-Mom...

I felt a hand intertwine with my hand under the table and realized it was just Kirito showing me comfort in a quiet way.

Mrs. Yuuki: Oh Asuna, let your mother finish.

She paused to look at me in a brief second, then looked back at Kirito.

Mrs. Yuuki: And I also know all of your sneaky dates you hide from me. 

I could see my mom smirk and look to Kirito for an agreeing answer.

Kirito: Y-Yes ma'am.

I glanced at Kirito's nervous smile, and giggled under my breath.

Mrs. Yuuki: But, now and furthermore upon your future I completely approve of you two's relationship and if anything is to happen in the future-

She winked at Kirito.

Mrs. Yuuki: You have my blessing....except for kids! I'm not ready to be a grandmother yet!

I laughed as little tears formed into the corners of my eyes.

Kirito: And with that, I also promise to protect her if harm were to come in her way. 

I smiled lovingly at Kirito, knowing he just always knew what to say.

Mrs. Yuuki: Hey now, it's not time to take your vows yet!

I blushed and quickly flashed my mom a look.

Asuna: M-Mom!!!

Mrs. Yuuki: I kid, I kid. 

She smiled at Kirito and took his hand.

Mrs. Yuuki: Be careful, dear, she's a handful.

Kirito: Oh, I know ma'am.

Asuna: Mom! Kirito! Are you trying to embarrass me?!

They both started to laugh as I became flustered. I stuffed a spoonful of rice in my mouth to prevent me from laughing with them. I began to talk with my mouth full.

Asuna: Why do I have to be the victim!? 

Mrs. Yuuki: Don't talk with your mouth full! I know I just gave you permission to date Kazouto in front of me, but that does not mean you can start acting like a wild animal.

Asuna: Hmf!

I looked over to see Kirito chuckling at the way he teased me, but his eyes soon landed on the food in front of him.

Mrs. Yuuki: You may continue to eat.

Kirito: Thank-you ma'am!

After about an hour, everyone was full, including Kirito who was kind of hard to take down with food, but that Teriyaki Chicken sure fills you up. My mom kissed me goodnight as Kirito led me up to my room. That's right. She kissed me goodnight. She thought since we have grown closer in the past week, it was only natural for her, the mother, to kiss her daughter, me, goodnight on my forehead. I mean, even though it does seem childish, I'm not complaining. I miss seeing this side of mom. 

I slid into the bathroom, with Kirito still waiting on my bed, and changed into my pajamas. I came out and smiled at Kirito, who had his jacket on, ready to leave. I gave him a hug as he kissed me on my cheek.

Asuna: I love you, Kirito. See you tomorrow.

Kirito: Love you too, Asuna.

And with that, Kirito left me by myself with my friend, sleep.