Chapter 2

Chapter by lalalandecember

[EDITED]

"Stacy Al." A woman, that come out from the interview room call out her name. I am pretty sure she is a secretary.

As I wait for my name to be called. I turn to see Leonard still colouring on his colouring book. I rubbed his head softly, making him stopped what he's doing and look up at me. "You know I love you, right? No matter what." I said softly to him.

"Of course, Mommy." He said with a big smile on his face. Then he's back to his colouring book. I just watching him doing his creativity by colouring the book.
Sometimes when I have money, I would buy him a new colouring book or a storytelling book. Of course, he understands my situation. He, being good and not making any trouble is enough for me.

After twenty minutes, the woman comes out of the room. She had a sorrowed look on her face. I can't tell if she got the job or not.

"Ella Maria." The woman called my name. I straighten my back and look down to my son.

"Leo, baby. You wait here for Mommy, okay? I will be right back, I won't take too long." I said to my son, which he nodded of.

I take a deep breath before standing up by the seat and make my way to the interview room.  I walk in and is mesmerized by the decoration in this room. It looks plain but elegant. All white stuff, except for the desk.

"Please, take a seat, Ma'am." A voice, deep and manly said. I jump up a bit, because of the sudden voice.

I looked straight and saw a handsome looking man. Wait, I thought I have seen him before.

I take a seat on the single chair that the woman, whom I forgot that is still here assist me. I straighten the back of my skirt before taking a seat. I shamelessly look at his face, knowing that he will be my boss soon if I got the job.

"You are the man that found my son earlier," I said quietly, pointing at him

"I am." He confirms. "I believe you are here for a job," He guessed.

"Yes, I am. This is my resume, Sir." I politely give him the file that I brought. But still, even I have a resume, I already filled a form just outside this room.

The man in front of me checked the resume. When his focus is on my resume, I, for the second time checking him out again. I haven't really take a close look at him earlier. His jaw is that sharp, even I thought that it could cut a piece of paper.

He cleared his throat and then look away from the file. His eyes shifted to mine and we lock eyes for a couple of seconds before he looked away. I don't know why I was kind of disappointed he looked away. Those grey eyes, I fell in love at first sight.

Today is my interview day, I need to be professional. I need to show him that I am professional enough to get hired. Because I need a job like this to establish my life back on track.

"So, this is your first job ever?" He asked.

"Yes, Sir," I said in salute.

"I've read your resume. You graduated from Asfard University. A straight A+ at accounting. That's very impressive." He said kind of amused with my grades. I smiled stealth.

"You are more appealing to the marketing. But my company doesn't have the job available for now. But I will consider your job application. I'll see what I can do." My heart just stopped beating for a second. I was hoping that this job can be my saving grace.

I put my brightest smile. "Thank you for your time, Sir." I stand up and walked out of the room. But I can feel like someone eyeing me. I want to turn around so bad, but that would make me look like a lunatic.

I just put my head up while I walk out from the interview room. I don't want to make other applicants feel more nervous than they already are.

I walk straight to where my son seated. He still there with his colouring book.

"Come on, Leo. We are going to leave now." I rub the top of his head.

"Okay, Mommy." He put his book to his bag and slung his bag to his shoulders. He gets off of the seat and I take his little hand in mine.

We walk side by side, making our way out of the building.

I sigh in defeat, but I won't give just because one of my interviews turn down. I still can find a job somewhere else, as long as it can pay my bills.

"Let's go," I said. I tug his hand and motion for him to follow me. We walk following the alley. I don't even know where I want to go. Going back home isn't going to solve the problem. So I just walked, hoping that I saw an advertisement for a job.

I feel my hand shaking. I look down at my son. "What's wrong, Leo?" I asked.

"I want that." He pointed at a man on the side way.

"You want a Popsicle?" I ask he nodded eagerly. I saw his eyes lit up when I pointed at a Popsicle stand.

"Because you have been a good boy today. We could buy you one." I said.

"Yay!" He happily jumping up and down while clapping his hands. How can I say no to this little life of mine? I would do anything just for him.

I smile to myself and take his hand to cross the street. We waited at the traffic light to turn red, so we can cross the street.

When the lights turned red. I already ready to walk, but I felt my arm being pulled.

I look back and my eyes widen to see who is it.

🐾🐾🐾

What do you think will happen next?

Who's that person?

Don't forget to smile today. Your smile is the most wonderful thing in this world.

And vote and comment😉