Chapter 47

Chapter by syaminhazam

[UNEDITED]

Gio's POV

I am back to my root. Back to thee place that my name means business. My name means limitless power and the shrill fear i implanted on people who really know what my business are about.

The moment I landed, my main priority changed from getting Val to strengthening my business. I want it back to the old glory days.

Val smiling picture is still there, on the table. I took it and trailed my fingers on her picture.

“she is here right, don’t need to stare the photo then,” Vincent voice taken me out of my own reverie.

Vincent is my cousin and it this business it means one day, if he dare he can be my enemy too. This Mafia don throne is one of the chair that everyone in this room has eye on it. The only to secure it is to have a heir, a son that i can pass this chair like my father did.

Vincent is only few years younger than i am and right now he is still single. A bachelor.

“She is.” I said putting the photo down quickly.

Sitting straight on my chair, i took another cigarette out of the box and light it up. “Only her body is here as her soul still there in Spain,” i told him.

That unspoken tension between me and Val proved that last night. She cringed whenever my body brushes against her. She stayed aloof almost all the time, lost in her own thought.

The smile that caught my attention the first time i lay my eyes on her nowhere in sight now. She chose this.

“You know Gio,” Vincent sat on the empty chair opposite me. His fingers drums on the table. “I am puzzled. If any of your man betrayed you, they loose their life. That’s how we teach them.” He paused, staring deep into my eyes.

Gritting my teeth, i stood up and banged his head on the table. How dare he question my action?

“Are you questioning me? Repeat your question” i demanded. The roar of my voice echoed in the room.

“No, i’m just..” Vincent stuttered.
“You are lucky that we are related..” i pushed his head down facing the table. He struggled. Trying to swat my hand away.

“I don’t need to punish her. She took it upon herself, leaving behind our son in Spain under that lover boy care” i spat. Rage building up in my chest.

Leo. My son. The son that i did ‘t know that i have. His existence was only known to me recently. I want to cuddle him in my arm, to kiss his face and to pass my legacy. Finally i can tell the whole world that Giovanni has a heir. A heir to the throne.

Vincent spit out blood from his mouth. His head lowered.

“You have a son Gio. A heir” he said a while later.

“I know. “ i said throwing the cigaratte out of the window. I want to see how long till Val broke down. Begging for me to bring her precious Leo back.

Small laugh escaped my lip as i realized that it won’t be long for Val to break. She need her son. I have taken her phone and forbid her to touch tge computer. She has no way to contact that lover boy. What was his name?. Marcel.

What was he thinking  claiming my family as his? He is a big fool if he think that i will let my family become his. Val is a bigger fool if she thinks that i will let Leo slip away from my hand juat with signing that stupid letter.

“Can i say something if you permit,” Vincent looks up. His gaze falls on the floor not daring not look into mine.

“Go on” i said patting his shoulder.

“She is still your wife. That means.,” he paused. He gulps.

“That means, you can have another child with her. God bless, another boy maybe” he said slowly. Every word escaped his lip one by one.

His shojlder slumped as i stood frozen. When his word regiatered on my mind, i laughed hard. The room filled with my laughter.

I might not need Leo. Marcel can take him. I will start my new family here. I can have another son with Val. I just need to make her mine again.

“I will debit your money later Vincent. Your comission” i told him. His once dimmwd face brightens.

“I am going back, just make sure tonight shipment arrived safely” i told him before walking out of the room with a new determination.

In order to make Val mine again, i have to woo her. To do that, i need flowers and diamonds.

🐾🐾🐾