Chapter 20

Chapter by lalalandecember

[UNEDITED]

"Where have you been?" Once I walked in to my house, that question asked by none other than Marcel. He is holding Leo is his arms.

"What are you doing here?" I ask back him a question. The question that should be asked, of course. He's not supposed to be here.

"I ask you first." His gaze burning down to my core.

"You are in my house." I pointed out.

"Of course."

"And it's not even five yet and here you are." I raise my hand gesturing to himself.

"Don't even try to change the subject. I asked you where you went." His voice is no objection.

"Where is Melissa?" I ask, not entirely want to answer his questions. Because I avoided them as much as I could.

"She's gone obviously." He said like a sarcasm, but it was to good to be him. He never let out a sarcastic word or laugh in that matter. I probably never seen him laugh as in a real one.

"Now tell me where you were." He demands.

"I'm gone to buy things." I said calmly. Leo is really silent in his arm, but he's not sleeping. "Did he take a nap?" I ask, looking at Marcel. Asking him if he knew.

"Yes, Melissa told me he just took an hour nap." Marcel positioned Leo so he could get comfortable.

"Where is your things then?" He eyed me. Looking at me right to left, up to down.

"It's..... It's an intangible stuff." I said not really believing at my words.

Marcel look at me suspecting, but he nods his head. I can tell that he is tried to believe at my words.

"Why are you here, Marcel?" I asked, reaching out for Leo. He gave me Leo and straighten his suit.

"I'm here because of you. What else?" I shrugged my shoulders. Like that was supposed to be a question.

"You can go back to work, Marcel. You can't do that. You have people depending on you." I said, trying to be realistic. He can't just do whatever he wants. Sure, it's his company. But it's not a playground.

"No."

"What do you mean 'no'?" I said putting my free hand on my waist.

"Mommy, Buddy play with me." Leo in that moment decided to talk.

I raised my eyebrow in questioning gesture. "Oh really?"

"Yes." He said excitedly.

"He draw with me. Colouring." He started to explains. I decided to take a sit on the couch I have in the living room.

"I want to have that. Like him." He pointed at Marcel who is still standing, but leaning against the wall. I knitted my eyebrows.

"What are you pointing at, baby?" Why did he pointed at Marcel? And he said that he want it, like him. What is that supposed to mean though?

"That, Mommy." He keep his hand on Marcel. It got me so confused.

"You mean, this?" Marcel pick up the tip of his suit jacket. Showing it to Leo.

"Yes."

"No, baby." I objected right away. Now I understand. He wants a suit for himself. But why? He never ask for it.

"Okay." He said in a sad tone. I can see that he is clearly disappointed. But that's my final answer. I can't give him a suit. It cost a lot and besides he didn't have any event to go to with a suit.

Marcel cleared his throat, getting my attention.

"Do you want to grab a dinner?" He ask.

"A dinner?" I looked at the time and it's just 5pm.

"An early dinner? I'm sure Leo is hungry, right Buddy?" Marcel asked which get a nodding head from Leo. He seems to always agree with everything he said.

"Hungry." Leo said, punching his stomach.

"Okay, okay, we're going to eat. Let me change you first." I said and I stand up from the couch. I walk in to my bedroom and put Leo in the bed.

I walked to the closet and grab a clean clothes. When I get them all, I walk back to the bed.

"Come here." I said motioning him to get closer to me. He crawl to me and put him in a sitting position. "Stay still, okay?" He nodded.

I start to pill off his clothes and put them aside.

"No, Mommy." He whine as I was about to get his pants off. Is he being shy now?

"Baby, take it off." He shook his head in negative. "Why?" He looked away in embarrassment.

I didn't mind him and just pull his pants down. Struggling with him being so stubborn.

I put on his clothes. A blue T-shirt and short pants.

"You looked handsome. Are you my son?" I tease him and tickle his stomach.

"Yes, Mommy." He answer between his giggles. I love it when he laughs, so wonderful.

"Kiss." I pointed at my cheek. He get up and grab my face, giving me sweet kisses.

"Beautiful." I startled when I hear a voice and then I saw a shadow. I turned and saw Marcel a bit leaning to me.

"Buddy." Leo screamed, making me whine.

"Marcel, what are you doing?" I asked, getting up from the bed. So I could levels with him.

"Watching my beautiful family." He said with a smile attach to his face. When I registered his words and it hits me. He said his beautiful family. I can feel myself blushing, so I look down. Didn't want him to see me blush.

🐾🐾🐾