Chapter 13

Chapter by syaminhazam

[EDITED]

The clothes already piling up on the bed like a mountain. Leo jumping on the bed added up the misery that I’m facing right now.

The closet is almost empty as I take out one dress, try it on and then throw it in the bed, again. Looking back on the stack mountains of clothes on the bed, I sighed.

Woman oldest problem, you can have whole closet full of clothes but when time like this strike, you feel like you have nothing to wear.

Slowly and exhausted, I hang all the dress back into the closet, one by one while checking it out.

“Mummy, wear this, buddy like this colour.” Leo hands out a red and black chequered dress. It is a sleeveless knee length dress.

Changing into the dress that Leo suggested, I turned myself around, checking on the mirror at the vanity table

Nice, I thought to myself. Did I try this one just now?

Feeling satisfied with my dress, I changed Leo into a black with red dots shirt and pair it up with a rugged jeans.

“Mummy, we same,” he jumps up and down before wrapping his little finger around my neck.

“Yes, my darling,” I said kissing his forehead.

Sometime I wonder how much my life changed after Leo born. It is like my whole universe revolves around him. If he’s happy then I’m happy. A single tear in his eyes can break my heart into a million pieces.

After putting of light makeup on my face, I braided my hair and pull it to the front. My gaze falls on Leo playing with his toys.

It is only because of him I’m doing this. The smile on his face and the glow when he knows that Marcel is coming to see him is like a present to me, invaluable gift.

A soft knock sounded on the door as I just finish putting up lipstick on my lips with the brightest red shade.

Walking through Leo’s maze of cluttered toy, I finally stopped at the door threshold. Tip toed, looking through the peep hole, I saw Marcel rocking on his heel as his hand tucked inside his pocket.

Taking a deep breath, I opened the door, only to see the greyest eyes I have ever seen, his eyes.

I stand stunned at the door as he bend down placing a soft kiss on my cheek. My cheeks burns as they turned into a pink shades.

Turning on my heel, I moved away from the door allowing him to walk in. I was walking through Leo's toy while grumbling asking him to clean his toys before loosing my footing on the floor.

A strong arm pulled me back, landing my back smacked against his hard rock chest, “Leo clean your toy, then we go out,” his voice sounded from my back.

“Aye Aye Captain,” Leo yelled mimicking of the cartoon he watched recently.

Shaking my head, I chose my shoes to pair with the dress.

Leo walks to Marcel after he finishes cleaning up his toys. Picking up an extra bag I walked towards the door and locking it behind me.

Marcel wears black button up shirt with stonewashed blue jeans and he combed his hair to the back.

His red Ferrari was waiting for us when we reached the last step.

“It’s okay, you can go now and thank you,” Marcel took the key from his driver. His driver nodded to me with a smile and he walks away.