Chapter 25

Chapter by syaminhazam

[UNEDITED]

Standing in front od the mirror, I checked my bruises. It's not even a week but I'm feeling better faster than what the doctor predicted. I lifted my injured arm, better I thought to myself.

I didnt winch or flinched or hissed as I lifted my arm up, so for me, it's good.

My gaze then falls on Marcel sleeping form at the living room.

It is beyond my understanding on the reason for him to fall in love with me. He even stayed here, in my small apartment just to take care of me.

Undeniably, he is the one that helped me through this recovery process. He helped a lot.

He is the one who took upon himself to take care Leo. Picking him up, washing him and feeding him.

Before, there is this feeling and doubt in my mind that he is no difference than the man I know, that I read in the magazine.

Knowing him, however changed that, changed my opinion on him.

I can feel that I'm falling for him, not for his looks or money. I'm falling for what inside of him, the real him.

It was not my intention to test him. This is fate game. Claire coming to the place, attacking me, it's bad. If this is a test, he is passing it with flying colors.

Bad but with a silver lining that I failed to see before. Mum always say that, there is always good hidden in bad things happening to us. So, chin uo and brace it.

Bad time is good because we always tend to be alert. During good time however, we let it overcome us, didn't let us doubt anything, forgetting that if there is a good thing waiting for us in bad time, there is also bad thing lurking, disguising itself behind the good time.

Sighing, I woke Marcel up first. It is like a routine for the past five days and today I'm telling him that I'm fit to join work back.

"Marcel, time to get up,"

Marcel got up first, rubbing his eyes. Yawning before waking Leo up.

Then, as usual there will be laughter. Leo and Marcel normal playtime before going to school. He will wash Leo while playing and splashing water at each other.

I was preparing breakfast when Marcel stands behind me. As usual, he will wrap his arm around my waist before planting a good morning kiss on my temple.

After taking breakfast, Marcel will send Leo to school before walking up back before changing go his work attire.

"I'm going to work today," I told him when he came back after sending Leo to school.

His gaze fixed on me, " Are you sure, how about your wounds and bruises and arm?"

I lifted my injured arm and demonstrate to him that I'm good.

"are you sure?" he look at me while chewing his bread.

"I'm more than sure," I hesitated. He has been bee nearly for five days and it do feel like he fits here, with me and Leo.

He helped me locked the door as we walk hand in hand toward his car that his driver drives.

He opens the back door and motioned me to get in first.

I have already thinking in my mind, putting word by word.

What is the best way to tell him that, I'm good enough to take care myself without troubling him anymore.

"Hmm, Marcel.. now that I'm good.. hmmph" I played with my finger.

Marcel was studying a file, when I talk to him.

"I think.. that.. Leo will miss you though," I squeezed my eyes shut.

"Won't you miss me ?" he asked without looking at me.

I will miss him. Miss the smell of his aftershave, miss his morning laugh with Leo. His touch, his morning kiss.

The most important, I will miss the routine that have been going on for the last five days.

"That's not the point... what i want to say is that, I appreciate what you have done for the last five day you spent with me and Leo. The care that you gave me, you already prove that you can take care Leo," I paused, i look at him.

He closed the file that he has been reading from the moment we got in the car.

"we don't even fight foe the last five day,"

Marcel chuckled, "Yes, because you are not well and now.. You are well enough.. I think.. we will start at it any moment,"

I smiled, "So, you do understand what I'm trying to say right," I took his hand

He sighed, "You want to get rid of me as soon as you got better eh," he smirked.

"Look Marcel, I'm trying to tell you nicely.. that..," I put my hand up, as Marcel smiling at me.

"Actually, I missed the crazy .. hot headed and stubborn Ella, now that you are better, I can see that she is coming back..," he said while unlocking the door.

I followed behind him, trying to tell him that he needs to go back to his house, his comfortable bed.

"Marcel, you need," i couldnt finish my word as he cuts in, much like yelling to me a few feet of front of me.

" Tomorrow Ella, I'll go back tomorrow.."

Tomorrow, one extra day?.

I pulled his elbow "Today please Marcel,"

"If i do so, will you attend the Gala Dinner hosted by our municipal this week, be my partner?"

Gala Dinner?... I blinked my eyes.

🐾🐾🐾