Chapter 6

Chapter by lalalandecember

[EDITED]

Today is marked a month that I started working at the restaurant. I got my paycheck yesterday and today I have a day off. My friends are always nagging me to get a phone. So, that's what I'm going to do today.

Because I think I needed it now. For many reasons. One of them is being for work. And I think this is the best time to have some electronics again.

"Leo, baby. Are you excited for today?" Not just that I get to buy a new phone. But today, I'm signing up Leonard in a kindergarten.
He is very excited when I told him he will meet some new friends later.

"Yes, Mommy." He said with a big smile on his face. That alone already makes my day way better.

I pick him up to my hip and then we walked out from the house to start the day. I was done locking the door when I met my neighbour next door is walking to the same way.

"Morning, Miss. Louisa." I greet her.

"Good morning, Miss. Maria, Leo." She pinches Leo's cheek softly. Making him hiding his face to my breast. I chuckled at his reaction. I wouldn't know my baby boy is a shy little man.

"Where are you going?" She asked.

"I'm having a day off and I want to take him to a park to play." I bounce Leo to gesture him to respond. But he keeps hiding his face.

I showed her a sorry smiled. "That’s nice."

"If you think that he is ready to play with some other kids. I work at the kindergarten around here." She continued.

My smile just got brighter than the sun. How could I so lucky today? I don't have to search for the kindergarten.

"Yes, thank you. That's what I wanna do after we play at the park." I said happily.

"Well, then. I'll see you later today." She claps her hands once and she looked excited.

"I'll see you later, Miss. Louisa." I promised.
After waving goodbye, Leo and I got to the bus stop while Louisa is walking to the kindergarten. Like she said, the kindergarten is just around here.

I wave one more time as the bus passed her.

I admit I haven't been socialising with my neighbours because I've been so caught up with work and I just lost in work because I love my job. Aside from having good friends and a nice workplace, I could play the piano more often.

The bus stopped in front of the Mall. The Mall is huge, it's the only Mall we have in this city.

I walked behind Leo as we get out of the bus.

"This is hue, mommy," Leo stated. I chuckled at his word that he tried to pronounce.

"It's not hue, baby. It's huge. H-U-G-E." I spell them one by one. Even though I will send him to the school, I want him to know every little bit of them from me.

What he did next is the cutest thing ever. He grins, showing off his teeth.

"Let's go, baby." I shake my head while smiling looking at him. I took his hand and we walk into the Mall.

My one and only destination is the Apple Store. After I got what I need, we will leave. I can't let myself be here for too long.

"What are we doing here, Mommy?" Leo looks up to me with his questioning look.

"I will buy something and after we will go to the park, I promise." I give him an assurance smile. I mean, it's not like I'm going to break my promise. I just want him to cheer up until we get there.

"Okay."

We go to the second floor and just walking around until I find the store. In this big Mall, there is less security than I expected.

So when I found the store, I go straight in and to the phone section. I looked to all of them, the types. There is a bunch of them.
I used to have one of the best types back then. But I haven't touch any electronics except television til this moment.

"Excuse me, Ma'am. Can I help you?" I'm a little startled when I heard a voice because I'm too caught up looking at the phones.

"Oh, yes. I'm looking for a phone." I said to him. He nodded, understand what I said or what I'm looking for.

"We have a new brand here is an iPhone X." He pointed at the black phone. I frowned and looking at them.

"What's the difference between the other?"

"The iPhone X is bringing a new iOS, the higher and the camera too. We upgraded much from the last one." He explains.

When I looked at the price, it's too much. I don't think I can afford it. I have to look for another type, maybe they have a less price.
After a few more minutes, my choice falls on an iPhone 7+. It's a lower budget.

The guy gave the paper bag to me. "Thank you for coming." He said while giving me a smile.

"Thank you," I said. We walk out of the store when I bump into someone's arm. I was looking down to check on Leo before I crashed into someone.

I quickly looked up and to my surprise, I saw him. How can he be here? In the morning like this?

🐾🐾🐾

That's enough chapter for this one😉😉.

I hope you guys like it.

My Spanish Love is in #8 on womenpower / May 11th 2018