Chapter 34

Chapter by lalalandecember

[UNEDITED]

"Ella?" Marcel walk closer to me and crunch down in front of me. "What's wrong?" He ask as he take both of my hands in his.

I just shook my head. I'm too shock to tell him and I don't think I'll ever be ready to tell him about my past, my psycho ex-husband. About everything about me before he knew me.

"You are sweating and you looked like you've seen a ghost."

Maybe I am.

"Nothing, I'm fine."

"You don't looked fine to me, Ella. Tell me!" He demand. His hands squeeze mine in reassuring. But I'm not ready as yet. I have many thoughts. Like what will he think of me after I told him.

I know he is not a hard headed man, but still.

"I.. I- I" I can't even form a sentence. I still don't have a courage myself.

"What is it, Ella?" He asks again. His eyes held something that tell me to go on.

"I saw the man with the mask again. I saw him, Marcel." I said in a scared voice. I can feel myself shaking a little bit and Marcel notice it too. He brought me to his embrace and rubbed my back.

"The man at the park?" I nod.

"He was here, just before you come out of the shower. I thought he was you, Marcel. Then when I heard the shower still running, I start to panic. I was going to call for you, but he cupped my mouth." I tell him with a shaky voice and I bit my thumb prevent me from shaking.

"How can he get in, Ella? Are you sure?"

"I am sure!" I raises my voice. Because I know that he will doubt me, that's why I don't want to tell him a thing.

I tried to push him, but he only tighten his arms around me. "Let go, Marcel." My voice come out broken and I could cry any moment.

"No, Ella. Tell me everything."

"How could I told you if you won't believe me! There is nothing I could do if you don't trust me. I don't want to be a burden for you, in that case."

"It's not like that, Ella." He argue.

"Then what is it?! Just stop. I need to use the bathroom." I push him gently and I get up from the ground. I walk in to my room, to the bathroom and lock the door.

I hold onto the sink and begin to cry. The tears just falling from her eyes.

It hurts so bad that Marcel couldn't think, for a second that it was a threat. He threaten me.

"Ella, I'm sorry. Please open the door." Marcel said followed with a knock on the door repeatedly.

"Just a minute, I'm showering." I said, rather low but I hope he could still hear me. I really need a shower or else Marcel would find out that I'm crying.

After shower, I walked out from the bathroom with a robe wrapped around my body. I saw Marcel sitting on the edge of the bed. His head hang low. But when he heard the door being opened, his head snaps towards the bathroom door or me.

"I saw a man in the car, just like the other day. I'm sure it was a man." Marcel begin to talk. I stood there, watching him.

"Come here." He held his hand out and I took it. He pull me to sit beside him while his hand hold mine firm. "I'm sorry about earlier. Please tell me about the guy that was here while I was in the shower." He pleads.

"Who was the man, Ella?" He ask again.

"He was Giovanni." I start. I know it keeps him curious. He looked at me, telling to go on. "He was the man with the mask back then at the park."

"Giovanni who?"

"Giovanni Elsavator."

"The Italian mafia. What the hell Ella? How do you know him?" He ask in surprise. He even look at me in horror.

"You have asked me where is my husband back when we first met. I told you that my husband is dead." He nodding his head at me. "Gio is my ex-husband."

I wait.

Waiting.

"No, he's not." He scoff and giving me a nasty look.

"You remember Duca said that I have a twin?"

"It was you, not the twin. He recognised you." He finish it for me.

"Yeah, I've met him a couple of time and he fond of me. I never met anyone about four years." I said sadly. I won't be saying this if I didn't missed my siblings.

"How?"

"He never knew Leo before the park accident. He saw Leo for the first time, but I don't know what his intentions now. I destroyed him until the very last his alliance. I call a cops on him to tell his dirty and illegal work."

"You did that to your husband?" He asks nervously.

"He make me do that to him!" He tighten his hold when I was about to pull away.

"Have he wronged you?"

"So many times and ways." I answer in a low voice.

"Tell me, Ella. What have he wronged."

"He used me for his own pleasure. Time to time he hits me because I didn't obey him. The mask he always wear is his identity. I was scared of them back then when I first seen it. I make the final decision when I found out I was pregnant. I can't let him to all those things again to me. Knowing that I'm pregnant with Leo, brings new light for me. And I would do anything to protect him with my life and it was my final straw from me, before I left."

Once I finished telling him, he brought me to his embrace. He held me tight in his arms, making sure that I don't seed a tear again. I've been crying so much today and it's just because of one topic. That one person bring me a rollercoaster day.

🐾🐾🐾