Chapter 43

Chapter by syaminhazam

[UNEDITED]

I was siting on the bed. Alone. Marcel sleeping soundly with Leo  in his arm.

I couldn’t sleep for the past one week and it already showing the sign. Puffy eyes and also dark circle brimmed on my eyes.

Marcel tried to ask but as always i just push it aside. He is still not aware of my deal with Gio. I even hide my phone from him, scared that he checked my phone and found the messages of me and Gio.

Closing my eyes, i traced my fingers on Leo face first, trying to stamp his feature on my mind. I want go remember every single curve on his face. His crooked nose, his almond shaped eyes and his thin lip.

Secondly, i traced Marcel features. His sharp jaw and his lip. Opening my eyes, i saw Marcel eyes fluttered open.

“Why are you not sleeping yet?” he asked groggily. His hand rubbing his sleepy eyes.

“I went to the kitchen, now i want to sleep back” i lied.

Marcel smiled. His sweet smile as he stroked the side of my cheek.

“Sleep sweetheart.. tomorrow i have a big surprise for you,” he said.

My throat dried at that. He will have the biggest surprise tomorrow when i will not be coming back to this house after work.

“okey,” i told him as he patted my shoulder.

As the sun rises, i rose to my feet. Today will be the last day of me here. Everything that i’m doing will be the last.

Last breakfast together, last hugging. My tears welled up in my eyes. The breakfast was already o  the table when Marcel slides beside me. He hugged me from behind and my breath hitched. I was glad that Gio gave me this week as a present.

I was never this close to Marcel. This week we have each other. We sleep together and wakes up together just like a normal family. I will keep the memory of this week in my memory. Nobody can take it away from me.

“hmmph, the food smelled nice” Marcel kissed my forehead as he sit down.

“Mummy, good morning” Leo ran to me and i scooped him up and showered kisses on his face.

Leo giggled.

Putting Leo down,  i wiped the tears that threatening to fall on my cheek. Marcel looked at me. His gaze narrowed on me as swallowed his food.

After finishing his breakfast he came to me, massaging my arm. “ What is bothering you, i can see it in your eyes” he whispered.

“Nothing, it must be my crazy hormones,” i answered kissing his cheek.

My phone dinged signalling that a message has come. 

Remember our deal-Gio

Pick me up by 6 pm at the park

I haven’t pack anything as Gio said that everything is ready for me. Easier that way, Marcel wont suspect anything.

“why are you not ready?” i asked realising that he is not in his normal working outfit. He is always in suit but today he is wearing a casual outfit.

“I am ready darling,” he answered grinning.

My gaze then fall on Leo shirt. He is wearing the same outfit.

“What is going on here?” i asked squinting my eyes. Clearly they are hiding something or maybe have planned something.

“Daddy have-“ Leo couldn’t finish his word as Marcel covers Leo mouth with his hand.

“Just go and change,” Marcel said.

I was changing my clothes when i heard giggling sound from the living room.  The giggling sound of Leo and Marcel. This is the sound that i will be missing.

We were reaching the restaurant when Marcel phone ringing without stop. He answered it one by one. I was suspicious as he answered the phone whispering.

What is he doing?

I tried to ask but every time he just shakes his head. I made me angry. What is he hiding? Then it hit me. I am hiding something big from him. What he will feel today?.

“Marcel, i want to meet a friend by six this evening,” i told him.

“okey,” he answered as he resume to talk in hushed tone in the phone.

The restaurant was still locked as Marcel parked his car. I look out. Normally the restaurant already opened during this time.

“Where is everyone? Why is it still locked?” Marcel asked looking irritated. He pock up his phone and called joe.

He frowned as his phone to joe went unanswered.  His frown deepened as he walks holding my hand in his hand and holding Lei with his other hand.

He was mumbling something under his breath as he unlocked the restaurant door. The inside was so dark it almost impossible to see anything in the darkness.

He flicked the switch the suddenly the light brightens the room and i gasped. Standing in front of me is the restaurant staff holding bouquets of glowers in their hand.

And Marcel was on his knee with Leo following his action. I was shocked.

My heart pounded behind my chest. This cant be happening. It shouldn’t be on my last day.

“ Ella, i was living a meaningless life before you came in, dancing your way to my heart and life.” He paused as he draws out a velvet box from his pocket.

Leo was grinning  ear to ear. He knows. This is what he wants to tell me this morning.

My fingers rubbing my forehead as my head start throbbing.

“Mummy, i love daddy and i love you too” Leo said in his sweet voice.

My voice caught behind my throat. I want to answer him yes if he is proposing me and yelled the answer out of my heart. I want the whole world to know that this wonderful man belongs to me and just me.

“I want to be the best daddy to Leo and also our future babies and to be on your side till death do us apart. So .. taking the staff as the witness and our little son to make this moment memorable, will you be kind enough-“

“Don’t Marcel please don’t finish it” i cut him in. My hand clamped on my mouth.

Startled, Marcel stand up. “Why Ella, i thought you love me and ready to,” he said.

“I love you more than anything in this world. But, .. i cant” i stuttered.

“But what?. You love me but its not enough to marry me? Will you marry me Ella?” he roared.

I looked down to Leo. He was crying to. He was hugging Marcel leg. Marvel then scooped Leo up in his arm.

“i can’t” i answered before dashing out of the restaurant and keep on running until i reached a small park.

Fishing out my phone my the back pocket i called Gio.

“Take me now or never,” i said and ending the call between my sob.

Today should be the happiest day. Marcel finally proposed and what did i do?.

🐾🐾🐾