Chapter 54

Chapter by lalalandecember

[UNEDITED]

"I don't have much time, Marcel." I said. This is frustrating.

"We don't have much time. I'll find a way. I'll call my acquaintance that is good at investigating. Don't stress out, you need to keep it together, okay?" He covered hands on top of mine. Grabbing my hands and held in his. He look at me with adoration.

"Leo is missing you so much." He said.

"I miss him to, Marcel. I need him." I said desperately. There is no one night that Leo is not in my mind.

I'd go crazy living without my son. I don't have a phone to contact him, I'm missing his voice so much. His cute voice and tiny body. I missed all about him.

"Where is he now?" I ask, remembering that where could he be, when Marcel is here.

"He's with my Mom. Don't worry about that. Do you want to call him?" I shook my head, sighing. If I can, I want to. But taking risks under Gio's eyes is a lot.

"Hey, don't worry. You will meet him soon." He assure me. He stand on his knees and bring me close to him. Wrapping his arms around me. Just how much I need comfort right now, especially from him. Then I felt a kiss on my cheek, I leaned more to his touch.

"I love you." He whispered. His lips lingered on my cheek. I can feel my eyes getting hot, but I can't let the situation bring me down.

"I love you too." I whispers back. My voice is a bit raspy, on the verge of crying.

"We are going to do this together. Hold on to me, trust me, believe me, we will make it. And, please don't fall in love with him for the second time." I tighten my grip on him. I can hear the vulnerability in his voice. I am afraid to lost him as much as he afraid to loose me.

"I won't." I promised. My promises meant for me to keep it.

After spending time together for a while in the hotel room. I decided it's time to go back 'home'. If I keep myself in here for more than another twenty minutes, I'm sure Gio's men will be looking for me. And if they caught me with Marcel, we're done. That's not what I want.

I'm here for another reason now. Giovanni meant something to me in the past. We shared blood together in Leo's.

My focus right now is to make Giovanni believe me that his cousin is pinning his life. The only thing in the way is his trust and proofs. We are digging deeper than we should.

-

I got back to the house with a taxi. But before that, I have gone to the pharmacy to buy vitamins. I haven't been feeling well lately. I don't want Gio to find out and worrying about me. I need to do this with everything I could.

"You got what you needed?" His voice startled me. On the bed, Gio is sitting by himself with a completed suit on.

"Yes." I answers. Now that I wonder, why is he home at this time of hour? That's not very like him. "Are you not working?" I ask and look at him carefully.

"I am my own boss, aren't I?"

"Yes." I said lowly. No, I don't like his intimidating look on me and he know it. What is he playing now?

"You lied to my men saying you got my permission to go out without them. Why?" That's it. He found out that I snuck out of the house. Well basically, I told his men. But not the truth.

"Gio." I starts, but got cut off.

"Don't you fucking dare to lie to my face!" He shouts, his face show anger only. There is no sweetness in his features. My heart beat rising of the sudden loud voice he make. My heart felt tight in my chest.

I pinch played my sling bag in front of me. I am afraid of him. Seeing him like this, just like brought back memories. Bad memories that I tried so hard to forget.

"I..... went to the pharmacy." I said while looking down, not meeting his eyes. I know he will be mad, another point for him to get mad at me.

"Why?" Cold, making me shiver to the core.

"I bought vitamins for myself." I quickly open my bag and grabbed the plastic bottle of vitamins I just bought. I show it to him, maybe it could less his anger.

He stand up from the bed, making his way towards me. I look up at his poker face. I fear, but I show no sign of fearness in front of him. I don't want him to think that I am afraid of him and that's making me weak.

"Let me see." He said harshly, taking the bottle from my hand. His hand is rough. I than realised that I am panting, but not to the point he could visibly see it.

His hard face frowned, softening a little bit. "Next time, you have to call me if you want out of the house. Either way, I'll find out my way and you won't like the outcome."

"I understand, Gio. I'm sorry." I nod my head. I have to sitted with his condition for now. For tomorrow, I have to think my other way to go out and meet Marcel again.

Marcel has promised me, we are going to spend time together again. When I am in his arms, I didn't how much I misses him until it happen. Now I'm craving to be in his arms again.

🐾🐾🐾

Warning.