Chapter 17

Chapter by syaminhazam

[UNEDITED]

Mother; that word resounded in my ear. My gaze shifted between Marcel and the middle aged woman that is speaking to him adoringly.

She has the same pair of grey eyes. He must inherit her eye. She is a small, petite woman. Her eyes wrinkles as she smiles but her beauty remains.

Looking at her now, she must be such a lovely women during her younger day. She is wearing a green short sleeved knee length dress.

She then look at me with her eyes wide open and her hand at her mouth. Nodding, a small smile curved on my face. She turned her heel and walk to me and envelope me in tight hug, bear like.

I can feel warmth radiates through her.

“Mum, this is Ella,” smiling sheepishly as he introduced me to his mother. His hand rubbing the back of his neck.

Her eyes twinkled as she patted my shoulder lightly. “So this is your sweet Ella,”

The small smile on my face vanished, as my brow furrowed. The corner of my lip lifted as I want to tell her that I am not Marcel’s sweet Ella.

However, her sweet demeanour  and the way her face lit up, stopped me from doing so. Biting the lower lip, I looked away.

“Ella, meet my mother, Sharon”

“Nice to meet you, Madam,” I shake her hand.

“No need to be formal, just call me Sharon,” she patted my shoulder lightly before walking in.

Grabbing my hand in his, Marcel dragged me in. I tried to push his hand away, pulling my hand from his grip. His grip on my hand tightens every time i tried pulling my hand free from him.

“Why did you bring me here?” frustrated, I asked him.

“I want you to meet my mother, so that you know I’m serious about you, about us,” he slides his body near to me.

“How many have you brought here?” I asked seethed with anger.

My eyes then met with his thin narrowed grey eyes. His face reddened like an overripe tomato and his hand ball into a fist.

“You are the first, dear” Sharon startled us both as she speaks.

My mouth hangs open as I realized that I was so deep in anger, I didn’t know where I was heading. We are both s drawn in our emotion that both of didn’t realize that we already standing near the dining table.

Faking a smile, I pulled out a chair but Marcel stopped me. He pulled another chair, signalling with his eyes, asking me to sit on the chair that he pulled.
Scrunching my nose, knitting my brows, I pulled the chair that I pulled earlier and sit down. While sitting down, I can hear a small chuckle coming out from Sharon.

“Keep challenging him Ella,”  she smiles as she put few pancake on my plate.

Marcel groaned loudly as he sits down opposite me. “She already doing that Mum, she did that yesterday, don’t encourage her, “ he lift his cup as he sips his tea. His eyes on his phone as he punches something on the keypad.

Embarrassed, I kicked his leg  hard under the table. He chocked as he look at me. His eyes widen. I gave him a triumphant smile.

The late breakfast went on smoothly. Marcel was quiet during breakfast as Sharon threw her question at me. The question she asked was normal, not the hard ones, such as how old is Leo and question like that.