Chapter 48

Chapter by lalalandecembaer

[UNEDITED]

Marcel's POV

I stare at the man in front of me. He let me seated in his living room. He stand there, thinking.

"Mr. Santiago, I remember you. Tell me, what do you need?" He ask.

"Ella. Did she came here recently?" I don't want him to worry knowing that Ella is somehow important to him. I have seen it when I met himthe first time.

"She did. I'm guessing she left already?"

Shock, no. I have a feeling he already knows ahead than me. Ella came here often, sneaking behind my back.

"Yes." I cleared my throat as I said it, a feeling of uneasiness.

"Give me a moment." He held his index finger up and disappear from the living room. I take the moment to roaming his living room.

In this decent house, I wonder where his wife and kids. My eyes keep looking through every little inches of the room.

"My wife died in the car accident, along with my daughter." It's like he can read my mind.

He reappear in the room, holding a brown envelope in his hand. My mouth twitching to ask. I know it must have string with Ella.

He take a sit on the single chair on my left. He handed me the envelope. At first, my eyes just looking at it. My eyes remind stuck, glued.

"Take this and you will know the answer." He shove the envelope towards me. I doubly take it and open the tie.

I look away from the envelope to the man in front of me. He give me an assuring nod, wanting me to keep going. Even though I am afraid to know the truth.

Once it opened, I take out the papers inside carefully.

"Just know that everything she did is to keep Leo safe, and you. She loves you very much. And if you think she did it for herself, you are wrong. She did it for you guys."

The more he explains, the more I got curious and get my hopes up. But it can be crushed, Ella is an unpredictable woman.

CUSTODY PAPERS

Custody over Leo? What the hell is this mean?

My eyes keep following the sentence as I read them. I read them carefully, not missing and mistaken a single sentence.

This couldn't be happening. Is Ella crazy?

"No." I shook my head furiously. "This is not real, right?" I asked, looking up at the man who knows being all of this.

"It is, son. She requested this before she leaves. It has been here a week." He said.

"How? This should have both parties to agree. I don't know about this case, but I'm pretty sure that's how it works." I tighten my grip on the papers. I'm sure I crushed the papers, but at this time I just don't care. I don't get how this woman's brain works anymore.

I just can not understand her anymore. She's too ahead, I can't cope up with her if she walk ahead and leave me behind.

"Both parties has agreed. Ella and Giovanni." He assure me.

"That was for an exchange, isn't it? He got Ella, but leave Leo behind. That's why she took this dumb decision." My brain just rushing to work hard. I have to put two and two together in a second.

I throw the papers to the table in front of me and rubbed my face harshly. I sigh hard.

"If I have known this earlier, this whole situation wouldn't have happened." I said to myself. I have the urge to cursing out loud, but I'm holding back knowing who is the man in front of me. I don't want him to think that I'm a bad father.

"This is for the best, son. Believe me. She will come around soon." No enough, that's not enough explanation. How will she go out of that man cave?

"I have to go. Leo is waiting for me." I can't stand here for another minute. This is hell for me already.

"Give my greetings for him. Please, don't let him know where his mother is for now. It's for the best." Again. With this 'it's for the best', shut again.

I'm going crazy, just for you Ella.

"I will." I smile forcefully. Standing up, I shake my hand with his.

I go back to my car as fast as I could to get out from here. I sped off and drive my car so fast. Within thirty minutes, I have arrived at my mom's house.

I walk in to the house without knocking, the door unlocked.

As soon as I get in, I am greeted with a hearted view. Leo with my mother, sitting on the floor with toys. It was my toys that she kept. My anger slowly faded down and replaced with a smile.

"Hey, Buddy." I calls, getting his attention. Bright smile welcoming me as he run towards me.

"Daddy!" He put his hands in the air, wanting me to pick him up. Without complaining, I pick him up and put him on my arm. "Where have you been, Daddy?"

"I have work, remember?" I touch his nose playfully, making him chuckled. My heart full of joy watching him laughed.

"I love you, son." I kissed his head and put my head stilled. I will always love you and take care of you in the mean time. Just until I get your mother back to us.

I promise in my power to bring our family back, Leo. You will see your mother very soon without you even knowing. All you have to know is we will be happy and together again.

It's all the matter.