Chapter 33

Chapter by syaminhazam

[UNEDITED]

The next morning I woke up early as usual and prepared breakfast for Leo. Marcel was still sleeping  when i came up after sending Leo to school.

It was not easy as he really wants Marcel to prepare him as usual when he was staying here. There is no denying, the bond between them are strong. Leo sees Marcel as his own father and today he startled me with his question.

“Mummy, can I call buddy daddy?” his eyes wide and full of hope as I hugged him.

“You must ask him darling,” I answered him.

Closing the door behind me, I moved closer to him. My eyes studied his sleeping form. His eyes closed shut and he looks so peaceful in his sleep.

Slowly, I trailed my finger on his brow. I bit my lower lip trying to stop my soft giggle as he slap his cheek slowly. His lip pursed into a thin line as he murmurs something in his deep sleep.

I haven’t seen him like this or so near like this. His strong jaw and a subtle of facial hair make him looks more like model on a ramp rather than a businessman even when he is sleeping.

The event of past few days swarmed up my memory, coming up one by one. First was his declaration and second the appearance of my husband. Ex-husband to be precise.

The timing of his declaration and the appearance of my husband both appeared at the same time. I should be on the seventh sky glowing with Marcel declaration but I couldn’t.

The mask is back haunting my dream and believe me, it is not a good sign. I haven’t told anyone about my past. Not even the man that I loved, who is now sleeping on the couch with no problem.

My heart swelled with love and adoration for him. We fight and we get back together and then we fight again. There is no moment which I remembered when the both of us stay quiet and agree on something. But, he stayed with me.

He has proved to me that his love for me. There is nothing that he hide from me. How about me?.

I should tell him when I have no feeling for him. It would be easy. Now, I’m afraid of the consequences. A part of me still trust that he will stand by me and accept me with my past but another part, the logical ones denies it.

Which man will stand by my side after knowing the whole truth. I am the wife who broke my husband trust and left him during his worst time. Will he trust me?.

His blue eyes opens slightly as I sit down near him lacing my fingers with his as I was deep into my own thought.

“Good morning sweetheart,” he draws my hand to his lip and kissed the back of my hand.

I yelped as his arm snakes around my body and pulled me up with me facing him as he hugged me tight.

“Hmmph, someone smelled so fresh,” he nuzzled his nose on the crane of my neck.

“We need to go work, buddy,”  I shoved his body back.

His chest vibrated with his laugh and in a swift moment he turned and he pinned me down on the floor with him on top of me.

“Buddy is only reserved for Leo not you,” he said playfully biting my earlobe.

“is it?, what for me then?” I asked batting my eyelashes at him.

Lowering his head he kissed the right side of my cheek, “sweetheart or mi amor.”

He smiled as he pecked my lip before getting up and carrying me up in his arm. “Lucky for you, i’m hungry for food and not you,” he smiled mischievously as he put me down near the kitchen.

His words makes my body hot and I can  feel my cheek burned with blushes.

I was putting the potato omelette on  a plate when I felt Marcel hand wrapped around my waist. I smiled. “hope you like my potato omelette,” I said as I lay my hand on top of his.

My breath hitched as I still can hear the sound of the shower still running from my room. Turning my body, my blood drained as my gaze met with ha pair of grey eyes. His face behind the scary mask. This man doesn’t need introduction.

Once, this same man which i feared most now was the apple of my eyes and the one that has my heart in his grip. Once, he was the man that I loved most, Giovanni Elsavator.

His hand clamped on my mouth stopping me from screaming or alerting Marcel. My eyes stings. “Surprise. Surprise,” he said dryly. My heart thumped and falls down straight to the pit of my stomach.

“Gio” I said his name.

He leaned in closer, bringing his mask covered face inches away from me. “I must say, motherhood suits you,” he chuckled.

Sweats formed on my brow. “Have you told him about us? About your lie?,” He asked. I shakes my head as tear slowly running down my cheek. My throat clamped and my knees feels so weak.

The sound of shower running stopped. My head turned to the side, where i can clearly see the door of my room.

“Then, the game which you start four years ago will resume and this time the stake will bee higher and fun.” He said as he removed his hand away from my mouth.

I cant see his smile but the lip on the mask mirrored his unseen smirk. His sight pinned on me as he retracted his step backwards.

At he walks away from my house, my knee give way and I slumped down on the floor.

🐾🐾🐾