Chapter 32

Chapter by lalalandecember

[UNEDITED]

"Ella." I hear Marcel calls me. I hurriedly collected the notes that is scattered on the  bathroom floor. I put them back into the box and hid them in the back of my closet.

I walk out from my room to find Marcel standing next to the window. I frowned, but keep walking towards him. As I stand right on the window, he pull me to his side. I'm so confused by his behaviour.

"What is it, Marcel?" I ask curiously.

"Look, there's a car right there flashing lights through your window." He pointed at the car parked on the side way close to my apartment. The car is black and had tinted window, I can't see if anyone is in the car.

"You are being ridicules. It's just a car." I don't get the point of his words. "And the sun is still up. Maybe you are hallucination." I didn't take his words seriously. I don't know, I just don't think it's make sense. Why would someone spy on us?

"Come here, Marcel. Eat the food. Don't waste a food when you still can get some." I said in peevish. He reluctantly leave the window and come to the kitchen. While I was in the bathroom, he cook something for us. Leo should eat dinner too, but knowing that he is sleeping I don't want to bother his sleep.

We ate in silence. I glance at him once a while. I can see it that his body is here, but his mind is somewhere else. He don't even ate the food properly. I can't force him to finish the food, so I just take his plate and put them in the sink.

"Marcel." I sat back down on my seat. He didn't fazed when I call him.

"Marcel." I call him again and put my hand on his cheek, he startled when my cold hand touch his cheek. I turn him to face me. "What's wrong?" I ask worriedly. He is not his usual self after going back from the church.

"I swear I saw the flash through your window, Ella. Don't you get what I'm trying to say? I don't think you are safe right now. Why would you even go to a church that is far away from your house. There must be something, Ella." My eyes felt like a flash emotion when he suspected something is wrong with me.

"Come with me." Marcel stood up from his seat and took my hand. He drag me to the window side. He peek through the curtain and he frown.

"What is it?" I ask. Before I could follow his lead, he look at me in confusion.

"The car is gone." He said, still frowning.

"I told you, it was probably a car parking on the side way. There is nothing serious, Marcel. You should go home and have some rest. You are tired." I can clearly see the black under his eyes when he spacing out.

"I don't want to leave. What if Leo looking for me? What if you need me in the middle of the night? I'm staying here." He said in determination. I should be the one that is panicking, but it seems that the table has turn.

"Okay, but you are sleeping on the couch." I pointed at the couch in the living room, where we are right now.

"It's fine. I'm getting used of it now. It doesn't matter as long as I can stay with you." He said casually.

I nods. "I'll get you a blanket."

I walk in to my room. I saw Leo still sleeping peacefully on the bed. I open the closet and crunch down to get the blanket that I placed at the bottom of the closet. The blanket isn't thick, but sure is warm enough. I feel bad for him, every time he spent time here he always get to sleep outside of my bedroom. But I can't just let him sleep on my bed. There is Leo who is sleeping next to me.

"Here. You can freshen up. I will wait here." I told him. Because he spent a lot of time here, some of his clothes is still here.

When he come back from the bathroom. He only wore a boxer and a shirt. He take as seat beside me on the couch.

"I'm still thinking about what Duca Piero said. He said that he think he ever met you or someone look like you. I know that you live in Italy before you came to Spain. Do you have any twin or a sibling?" Marcel asks, looking at me in expectation. He expected me to answer his question. Did it safe for me to tell him about my family?

But I don't want him to find out worst than this. He might think that I played him.

"I don't have a twin, but I do have a sister and brother." I answer.

"Where are they now? I never see you meeting them."

"They didn't live in the country. They have their own family now. I'm happy to know about them." I says.

"Haven't you meet them." I shook my head sadly. I really want to meet the so bad, but for now, I can't and I can't tell you that too.

I'm sorry.

I let out a yawn and covered my mouth. "Go to sleep, Ella. I'll be here if you need me." He kiss my forehead and smile warmly. He make me fall for him even more than I should.

🐾🐾🐾