Chapter 8

Chapter by lalalandecember

[EDITED]

After the encounter yesterday with Mr. Marcel, I kind of feel awkward around the restaurant. I don't know how to confront him if we met face to face.

I understand that Mr. Marcel cares for Leo. But this is the first time ever that a man really looks up for my son. After all, it was just me in his life and I haven’t got used to it.

"Ella. I heard you have a new phone." Melissa said as she came in to the locker room all smiley.

"Uhh, Yes." I bit my lip nervously.

"Let me see, let me see." She said eagerly, open up her hand. I reluctantly give her my new phone. She smiled happily and typing something in it.

"I put my number in it. So we can talk when one of us is not at work." She winked and handed back my phone.

"Get back to work, honey. I'm going to meet my stepson first before I get to work." She wave her hand in the air and walked out of the room.

Stepson, she means my son. Leonard.
After putting my uniform on, I fold my clothes in a good shape and put it back in my locker.

As I was about to turn around, I was met with a body. A built body in a suit.

I look up and see that it's Mr. Marcel. He's standing, hovering over me. I have to stay like this to see his face. It would be rude to look away from people you talk to. Even though it's a worse one.

"Why did you reject my gift, Sweet Ella?" He reach up his hand to touch my bottom cheek. His voice is deep and dominating.

"Answer me, Sweet Ella." He rubbed his thumb over my cheek.

"I-I...." My sentence left hanging.

"You what?" His voice goes even more deep and raspy.

"I can't accept it. It's too much, Mr. Marcel." I finally said. My eyes trailed down to his chest. Even though it's covered up with a shirt, I still can see how built he is.

"If you can't accept it, then you have to accept my invitation to lunch." My eyes snapped up to his face again.

"What?" I ask in shock.

"Have lunch with me." I shook my head. This guy is very persistent. "No?" He asks.

"I can't." I once again reject him.

"You can't? It's just a lunch. Nothing fancy." He said.

"I can't leave my son here alone." I reasoned.

"I never asked you to leave Leo. I'm asking you to have lunch with me. What's the problem with that? I didn't mind if you bring Leo. I love him. He's such a nice kid and very strong." I notice a change in his voice. Is he mad at me for saying that?

"Well then, if you keep rejecting me. I'm just going to ask Leo to have lunch with me. You can stay here all you want." He turned his body and make his first step to walk away.

"Wait, Mr. Marcel." I stopped him. Luckily, he stops. But his back is still facing me. "I will have lunch with you."

In a matter of second, he turned his back. "You will?" He asked, hiding his smile. I swear he is.

"Yes." I breath out.

"Okay, I'll be waiting." With that, he walk out from the locker room.

-

"Your order will be out in five minutes." I said to the customer and smile warmly.
I was about to walk away from his table to take another order when I felt a hand on my wrist.

I look back and saw that the man I just served is holding my wrist. "Is there something I can help you, Sir?" I asks nicely. I'm getting uncomfortable standing in front of him. Something in him reminds me of someone once I loved.

"Do you mind taking a minute of your time to sit with me?" I frowned.

"I'm sorry, Sir. I'm working right now. My boss won't like it if they saw me talking to the customers." I need to get away from him.

"Just a minute." He bargains.

A loud cleared throat, makes me pull my hand hard from his grip. "Is there a problem Sir with our service?" Mr. Marcel stand beside me. More like protecting me from this guy.

"You are the boss here?" The guy dare to ask Mr. Marcel.

"I'm the owner. Marcel Santiago." He reach out his hand for a hand shakes. I visibly saw the guy gulped down his saliva.

"Mr. Santiago." He take his hand. "It's nice to finally meet you in person."

"Likewise." Mr. Marcel take his hand back and put it in his pants pocket. "Are we done here, Sir?" He nodded his head.

"Absolutely, Mr. Santiago. I'm sorry for the little problem." Mr. Marcel nods his head.
Then Mr. Marcel put his hand on my back. He push me to walk and we walked away from the table.

"Thank you, Mr. Marcel." I turn my head to face him while we keep walking to the employees area.

"I'm going to check on Leo." He walked passed me, ignoring me and my thank you. Why is he ignoring me now? Last time I checked, I didn't make a mistake to him.

Sighing, I go to the locker room to change. It's lunch time and it means I have to go lunch with Mr. Marcel. Maybe I could ask him why he's ignoring me.

I didn't like this feeling that’s settling in me.

🐾🐾🐾

Keep voting and commenting, please.