Chapter 30

Chapter by lalalandecember

[UNEDITED]

That day, I go to work with an afternoon shift. I got to bring Leo with me to work.

Today is my day off and I took the opportunity to visit Bob again. I'm going to look for an answer. There's must be some kind of explanation. There has to be.

I brought Leo with me this time. I can't leave him with anyone. Because everyone is busy with their job.

"You looked handsome, my love." I said as I straighten his shirt. He wore a sleeve shirt and a pair of pants, I usually pair him with jogger. But today is a special occasion.

"I love you, Mommy." He kiss my cheek and smile.

"You ready?" He nodded his head and I help him put his backpack.

I grab my sling bag and held out the house key. I hold Leo firm while I lock the door of my house. I put it back to my bag as I'm done.

We walk to the bus stop and waited. Cars drive pass us, the wait is kinda long. But thankfully, the bus is almost empty. There is just a few people on the seats.

Leo and I take the seat on the left side, Leo on the window side.

We have to make two stops until we make it to the safe place. The church close by my mom's grave. But today I'm not going to visit her, I'm here just for Bob.

"My child." Bob greet me no his eyes trail down to Leo. This would his first time meeting Leo.

Leo scoot closer to me as he saw the man in front of us. He must be confused to why are we here and who is the man in front of us.

I crunch down, level myself with Leo. "It's okay, baby. He is uncle Bob. Go say hi." I encourage him and push him to go over to Bob.

I watch as he walk slowly to Bob. He held his head up to meet his eyes. "Hi." He wave his small hand shyly.

"Hi, little man. I'm Bob. You can call me uncle Bob." He introduced himself.

Leo nods.

"Come." He extend his hand to little Leo. Leo take his hand and they walks in to the church. I followed them in and as I expected, there is not just us. There is some people who wore a black suit and a woman with a formal work clothes.

"I'll take Leo while you talk to them." Bob said as he pick up Leo and they walk away, far from us.

"Good afternoon, ma'am."

"Livy." I extend my hand to handshake with her. She take my hand and shake it firmly.

"Please, have a seat." Livy pointed to the seat in front of her. The long seat is just me alone who is sitting there. The others is on the opposite side.

"Let's just get to the point." I said impatiently.

Livy nodded, agreeing with me. "Tell me."

"I have some suspicious about him. Yesterday, when I was at the park with my son. He saw a man with a mask. He got scared. I saw him too, but my heart can tell. Even he was wearing a mask." I start to explain and she just nod her head.

"It could be just random people and catch your son's attention." She argue.

"It's not. You remember when I showed you the picture of him with a mask?" She nodded. But, as I was about to talk, the guy behind her whispering something.

"Valerie, did you come here with someone?" I look at her in confusion.

"No."

"Someone is outside looking for you." She said, looking at me intensely. Looking for me? Who could it be? I have no one here.

I reluctantly stand up from my seat and walk up to the door. I open the big door myself and my eyes meet with his.

"Marcel." I breath out in surprise. My eyes a bit widen. "What are you doing here?" I ask, gulping in nervousness.

"It's a church, isn't it?" He ask back, emotionless. His face is blank and looked at me flatly.

"Yes. But it's closed at the moment. It's not even for public."

"Let me in." He said in a hard tone.

"Marcel, you need permission to get in. It's not a public church. What are you even doing here?" Even though I looked normal, but my inside is trembling. Afraid of what will comes next.

"And what are you doing here?" He asks back. He arch his eyebrow, expecting a good answer. "Answer me, Ella! If you are just going to stand there, just let me in then. I'll find out myself."

"No, Marcel." I placed my hand on his chest.

"What. Now you are touching me?" His face shows seriousness, but his voice held a chuckling.

"No. Marcel." I said a bit stern.

We both is stubborn, I admit. I won't back out on this one. He can't know, at least not now.

He shoved me off his way gently and walked in. I followed behind him quietly. I can't stop him now.

He stopped just about few feet away from the other people in the seats. I can't see his expression, but his back seems calm.

What is he thinking?

🐾🐾🐾

Is it too much for you if I ask for a follow?

If it is, then don't worry about it.