Chapter 49

Chapter by syaminhazam

[UNEDITED]

A week already passed since i left Marcel and Leo back in Spain. A full torturous week of being a fake wife to Gio.

My heart and mind is always there with Leo and Marcel  thinking of them every night and day and every single second. It hard not to cry every single time their memory swarmed up into my mind. My dream are filled with them, laughing together with me.

“Hai sweetheart,” Gio stirred beside me on the bed.

I smiled back at him.

Last night he came into the room as usual. Talking to me sweetly. There was time when his touch made me the happiest woman on earth. Now, every time he touch, i have to fight the urge to run away and hide behind the tree.

His touch burned my skin, making me hate myself even more.

Lucky for me, i have bought some sleeping pill back in Spain which i safely keep in the small handbag. I used that yesterday. Stirred it in his milk that I made.

I know him too well. He being a mafia don have one goodnight habit. He wants a cup of warm milk before sleep. I used that to my benefit.

Thinking of last night made me smile. He must be thinking we had slept together. It was quite hard taking his clothes off. He being a big guy and muscular.

Taking my clothes off was easier i it was wet with sweat after my hard work and looking at his face now, i think my plan worked the way i wanted it.

“So, you and me finally getting along ha,” he said nuzzling his nose against my neck.

I nodded, looking away.

“Don’t be shy my love,” he said touching my chin with his forefinger.

“I am not,” i told him shyly batting my eyelashes.

“I want to stay with you today, on this bed all day long but” he kissed the tip of my nose.

“But we know you have business to take care of,” i finished his sentence.

He grinned ear to ear. “The old Val is back” he kissed my forehead.

“I love you, you know that right” he narrowed his eyes, staring deep into my eyes almost ripping my soul.

“I know,” i kissed his cheek hesitantly.

When he finally gets up and walk towards the bathroom, i let go of the breath that i am holding. I was sceptical that the plan will work. Its hard to fool a man like Gio.

Hopefully he believes last night happened and at least for now he will have an ounce of trust of me.

He came out a while later looking refreshed. Gio, without his bad boy aura is still the handsome man that i once loved. He still look the same. He still have that smile than can melt any girls heart, even me.

I felt bad doing like this to him again but right now, i don’t have any other option.

I want to be free again like i was in Spain. Free like a bird. Here, I’m like a bird trapped in a golden cage. The luxury here is something people dream of, like heaven on earth.

I just need to ask and my wishes is granted. I should be happy but i am not. How could i?. How could a woman be happy when she is trapped here against her will?

It is like the Beauty and the Beast came to live. Beast treat her well, like a princess. Beauty lived in a castle where almost all her dream came true. She stayed with the Beast against her own will at first, but later fall in love with the Beast.

The Beast is like Gio, taking care of my every wish but also with a strict rule. I can run away. I must stay here just like the Beauty.

Will i finally accept Gio’s love?.

For time being, my heart belongs to Marcel. Only him. No one else.

“I’ll be late today, maybe out for whole day. No need to wait for me,” Gio said before closing the door behind him.

After taking my bath and taking my leisure time alone in the room, i walked down the stairs. Loretta is in the kitchen singing her favourite song while cooking.

“Mama Loretta,” i called her.

She almost screamed later scolded me for frightening her. “I almost had heart attack you know,” she said as she puts two sausages with baked egg on my plate.

“You know what Mama, i think i gained some weight after a week taking your delicious food,”

Loretta turned me sideways scanning my body. “No, you are as skinny as the day you came in” she said washing her hand.

I smiled to her. I do feel u have gained some weight. Even i havent yet stand on the weighing scale.

“Mama, can we go out together later, to the town?” i asked her. It is getting to my nerve staying here like some caged bird.

“Yes, but we must take Marco, the bodyguard,” she said sitting on front of me.

I nodded. I must agree to whatever rules Gio put in, to make him trust me again.

“Come Marco, time to go out”

🐾🐾🐾