Chapter 28

Chapter by lalalandecember

[UNEDITED]

"Buddy." Leo climb up to Marcel's lap. He help him get to his lap. We were just sat down on the couch and Leo run out of the bedroom.

"Why haven't you sleep, Leo?" I ask sternly, looking at Leo.

"Mommy. Buddy." He snuggle closer to Marcel's chest. My heart felt tighten looking at the scene in front of me.

"It's fine, Buddy. Are you sleepy?" Marcel asks. His hand caressing his head.

"No." He lied. I know because the next thing I know, he is yawning against Marcel's chest.

"Yes, you are." Marcel tickles Leo which cause him to laugh sleepily. He is so tired and decided to stay awake just because he wants to see his Buddy home.

"MelMel asleep on bed." Leo said.

"She is?" I ask in surprise.

"Yes, Mommy. I want to sleep with Buddy. I miss Buddy." Leo seem like he could drop his eyes, but he tried so hard to stay awake.

"No, baby. Marcel have to go home."

"No." The both of them whine in unison. I look at them suspiciously.

"Mommy." Leo look at me with his puppy eyes and it is so cute. He is too much for me.

"Okay fine." I agreed on defeated. I can't say 'no' to my cutest son.

"I'll get you something to change and you both have to sleep here." I pointed at the ground. Marcel still keep the mattress that he bought he and they will just sleep on it. There is no way in hell they sleep on the bed.

"Okay, thank you." Marcel smile. Why do I find his smile is sexy?

I shook my head from that thought as I got up from the couch. I walk to my room and Leo was right, Melissa is sleeping on my bed.

I walked to the closet and open the doors. I pull out the mattress and drag the mattress out of my bedroom. I can't hold it up, so I just dragged them out.

"Mommy, Buddy said that we are going to be family, right?" My heart stopped a beat when I heard Leo ask that question. What question is that?

I turn to look at them and narrow my eyes to Marcel who clearly avoiding me. He played with Leo's little fingers.

"Leo." I said with a hint of warning. But who am I kidding? Leo don't understand that.

I lay the mattress in front of the couch. I make sure that Leo gets comfortable in the mattress. So he doesn't have bone pain.

"Mommy, can we go to the park with Buddy?" Leo ask again.

"Go to sleep, Leo. Mommy is tired." I said sternly. He have to get the message that he is out of line with asking that.

"Okay." He said quietly.

Leo is a lot to handle lately. He is never stop talking about his Buddy and that's just it. My head could explode any second if he talks about him on and on.

-

Melissa woke up and immediately excused herself to go home. Because she has morning shift. She more than surprised when she seen Marcel asleep on a mattress with Leo attach to him.

She just don't believe what she has seen.

"I thought you are still asleep." I stated as I felt arms wrapped around me. It was minutes later after Melissa out of the house.

I'm in the kitchen, making breakfast for Leo and Marcel, as well for me.

"No." He mumbled.

"Where's Leo?" I ask as I put the toast on the plate. I have toasted some breads for us.

"He's still asleep. He is so attached to me. I almost breathe." He chuckle lowly. It's come out like he didn't mind it at all.

"Do you want coffee?"

"Yes, please." He answers.

"Then let me go, Marcel." I said with a chuckle. He let go of me in hesitate.

"What do you want your toast with?" I ask while I put the kettle on the stove. As I wanted for the water to boil, I prepare breakfast for Leo.

Leo like his toast with strawberry jam or egg sometime. But today, I'm making him with egg, because I crave some bacon.

"I'm fine with either." He said.

"Okay." I heard the kettle rang, I turn off the stove and brought closer the cup. I pout the boiled water to the cup slowly.

"Here's your coffee." I held the coffee by the saucer and put it in front of Marcel.

"Thanks, Ella." I just hummed and nodded.

"I told Leo that we are going to the park today. We will be going, right?" He look at me in hopeful. He doesn't want to let down Leo, I can see it.

"Sure." I answered without have to think about it.

"Hey, baby. Here's your breakfast. Eggs, you like it?" I put his plate when he is seated next to Marcel with the help of him.

"Buddy have eggs." Leo said as he eyed Marcel plate.

"Of course, just like you. Now eat." I have that idea because I know my son now. He is starting to copy every single thing Marcel did.

I know it's a bit too late for me to make him understand. Marcel and I haven't named our relationship just yet and it's because of me. Me and my insecurities. It's kind hard for me after almost four years away from him.

-

"I forget that I leave Leo's coat in your car." We are already half of the way to the park. I mean where everyone gather around. The is a swing, slide, etcetera.

"I'll go get it. You go ahead with him." Marcel assure me.

"Okay." I nod and continue walking to the picnic table that is empty.

I put Leo to sit beside me. I opened my picnic basket and pull out sandwich that I've made for all of us.

I pull out a water bottle and open the top, then I brought it to Leo's mouth. I help him held the bottle so it won't drop to his shirt.

"Mommy." He pointed his hand out.

My body gone rigid when I look at where he is pointing at. Am I imagining? That can't be.

That can't be him.

🐾🐾🐾