Chapter 14

Chapter by lalalandecember

[UNEDITED]

As soon as I realised what I did, I get down to clean the pieces. My heart felt like someone is squeezing it hard that I can barely breath.

"Who is that, Macy? Your new maid?" My eyes widen as I heard what she said. New maid?

But at the same time I felt a hand on top of mine. I flinch away from the touch and moved back from the place that I have been.

Our eyes meet and I can see a flash of hurt in his eyes. But can it compare to me? Who's more hurting? Me or him? I've been played all this time. He give me mixed signal everytime he got a chance to be close to me.

But what I felt right now is nothing compared to him.

"I'm so sorry." I apologise for the plate that I broke.

"Stop." He stop me as I was about to clean up again. He grasp my hands and take in his.

"No, I have to clean it. It's dangerous. You may cut yourself." I take my hands of his and stubbornly picking out the pieces.

"Let her, baby. I'm here to see you." That pitch voice come again. I start to hate that voice.

"Ella, stop it." But my stubborn self is doesn't take any command right now. My focus is to clean his floor. Leo could be step on it if he somehow come to the kitchen at the moment.

"Ma'am, can I get a drink. I'm so thirsty." I balled my hand in a fist. I didn't even realise that I have pieces of ceramic in my hand.

"Shut the fuck up, Claire." Marcel yelled. But he's still bending down, loved with me.

"Ella." Marcel tried to loosen my grip and it work. My loosen up my fist and blood coming out. "Come with me." He pull me up and walk us to his room.

He sit me on his bed and he disappear to the bathroom. Once he walked out, he is holding a box of first aid. I looked away immediately, I couldn't look at him right now. Even his touch burn me.

He kneel in front of me and opening the first aid box. He pull out an antiseptic and a cotton.

I wince as he put the antiseptic all over my palm. "Hold on." He keep my hand in place.

He gripped my wrist and continue cleaning up my palm. I hold the pain that come through. When the antiseptic meet my swollen palm, it feels like burning.

I waited as he cleaned my hand. No words exchange.

"Did you want me to bandage your hand?" He asked. Looking up at me, staring straight to my eyes.

"No."

"Okay." He kissed my knuckles softly and leave his lips longer.

"Mommy." I heard Leo's voice crying from outside. I forgot that I left him alone in the living room. He was sleeping on the couch.

I was about to get up, but Marcel kept me still. "I'll go get him. Stay here."

He just left the room without even putting back the box in placed. Because I didn't know a thing in his house, I just sat there, in bed, waiting for Marcel to return with my son.

I don't like to wait. I'm worried about my son. It gives me the bad feeling if I don't get Leo in time.

So, I get up from the bed and walked out from his bedroom.

"What the hell are you doing? Claire?!" Marcel shouts at the blonde that come to his house moments ago. He is charging onto that girl.

"Leo!" I gasped and speed up to get Leo. I scoop him up to my arm and bounce him to make him stop crying. He's just a crying mess. It breaks my heart to see him like this.

"What's wrong, baby?" I ask Leo as I rubbed his head.

"Please, stop crying." I walk back to Marcel's room to make some space. Because, with Marcel and his blonde fight. Leo isn't stop crying.

"Baby." I rubbed his back and keep on bouncing him.

I felt a slight pain as I rubbed his back. But I don't mind my pain as long as I can make Leo stops crying. I don't care about my pain. All I care about right now is Leo.

A door being closed startled me a bit. I looked back just to see Marcel walking in to the room.

"Is he okay?" He asked and come closer to me.

"Are you okay, buddy?" Marcel asks Leo, levelling himself to my height so he could see Leo.

"Mommy, home." Leo's little and shaky voice said.

"Okay, honey. We're going home. It's okay." I tried to sooth him. What is that woman do to my son? Why did she do that? I don't understand. Leo is just sleeping, he do no harm.

"Wait, I'll drive you home." Marcel said.

"It's fine, Mr. Marcel. I can take the bus or a taxi." I excused myself and go to the living room still with Leo in my arms.

"Ella." He grabbed my arm, stopping from walking out of his house. "Don't be like this. It's already dark outside. It's not safe for you."

"It's alright, Mr. Marcel. I can take care of myself." I tried brush off his hand, but he's just too strong. I can't let go of his gripped.

"Don't do this, Ella." I stand with my back to him. I don't think I can face him anytime soon. But the pleading on his voice, was it that hurt for him? But what about my feelings? Did he care about my feeling? At least a little bit.

"I don't want this to change anything between us."

"What is there anything about us, Mr. Marcel?" Even though this is so painful. But I keep my guard up, I don't want him to break my life. Just like what he did to me.

-

The next day I called in sick. I am physically fine.

I want to take car of Leo. I called his kindergarten too, telling them that Leo can't make it today.

I packed my bag and stuffed in everything I need for a day. I have enough money to use. I want to spent it as much as I want. For me and Leo.

🐾🐾🐾

All love, take care.