Chapter 27

Chapter by syaminhazam

[UNEDITED]

Good or bad luck I dont know but that night Marcel packed his thing and went back home.

That night, I realized one thing, Leo needs Marcel. He needs his buddy at night.

He whined and tossed himself left and right almost causing me to snap and yell at him. There are also nights where Leo sleep with Marcel shirt in his hand.

I toyed with the idea for nearly three days before coming to a decision.

“Marcel, listen...hmmm,” i hummed. Gosh! Why is it so hard?.

“Ella, I cant hear you,” he said from the line.

“Hmm.. remember the Gala,” my voice came out as a whisper.

Mel who is sitting beside me to cheer on me, the person who is going to follow me after work to buy nice gown.

She nudges my rib, forcing me to speak louder.

“I wont force you. Told you the other day.. the only reason in taking you with me is only to show everyone and the world im serious about you, that you are mine. But you are not comfortable, i understand” his voice heard but more like frustrated voice.

“I’m going with you” I blurted out in one breath.

“what?” he screamed on the line, hurting my ear. The sound of things crashed in the floor heard.

“Ok, bye” I put the phone down, grinning ear to ear.

Now, today the gala day. I’m standing here in front of my dressing table, twirling myself. My heart races.

Mel whistle behind me, “His eyes is going to pop out and back into the socket girl.. even I want to take you out today”

My eyes studied my reflection on the mirror. The stormy grey v neck a line floor length dress wraps around my body nicely, like a second skin.

I turned myself to the back, checking the lace covered back. The full lace bodice and arm feels so nice on my skin.

A soft knock on the door brought me out from my own reverie.

“He is here girl, and I’m telling you I’m loosing my ability to breathe.. and if you really thinking of ditching him  tell me so.. so i can stand in the next line” Mel shouted from the front door.
Right now, my leg feel so wobbly like it has lost its ability to walk.

I have invited Mel today so she can help me preparing myself and take care of Leo.

“I heard you Mel, thank you for the complement, but i want to hear it from my” his mouth hung open as his eyes fixed on me.

I can feel his eyes on me as i walk slowly to him.  He offered his hand to me as I stopped my step in front of him.

“Mummy and buddy come back fast ya,” Leo came holding Leo leg.

Marcel bend down so that he stands at eye level with Leo. “ We will be fast, okay.. just be a good boy okay,.”

“Mel,” I tried to talk to Mel giving her the normal instruction.

“Shhh, just go and enjoy” she put her finger on my lip.

As we both stands in front of the glass door of the hotel which is having the Gala, Marcel grip on my waist tightens and he loops his hand around mine.

“Just be yourself, okay and .. what is this? You wore a bare back gown?”  his eyes bored into mine, furious.

“Marcel, cool.. there is a net covering it .. and see that woman,” my finger pointing at a woman in a red dress, her back is bared down to her waist.