Chapter 22

Chapter by lalalandecember

[UNEDITED]

"Please leave us, Melissa." Marcel requested. His voice avoided any emotion, I can tell.

"Mr. Santiago, please believe what she said." Melissa almost pleaded to Marcel.

"Leave. Melissa." Marcel said sternly.

Melissa cowered away and leave the staff room. It's just me and him now. I don't have anything to say to him. I don't have to defend myself to make him believe me, because I'm not wrong.

"What happened?" Marcel asked, still standing tall hover me. I averted my gaze away from him. I hiss my I felt the pain on my face. I can't even move my head that face or it feels burning.

"I got in a fight." I simply said.

"I'm standing right here, Ella. Not that way." Marcel said angrily. He don't get to be angry with. Why would he even be angry at me?

"You've got into a fight? Fist fight?" He asks more when I finally looking at him. Giving him the satisfaction seeing my face like this.

I nod my head slowly. Painfully slow.

"I want to know the details. From the beginning to your face like this." He pointed at my fucked up face.

"Can you sit down? You are giving me a headache." I said.

He listens and sit down next to me. He keeps looking at me, making me feel so small under his gaze. He's so intense.

"So?"

"Claire came to the dine in. Asking specifically for me to attend her. I did. She insult me. At first I ignore her and go to the restroom. Not long after, she came in and locked the door. I didn't know it was her until I look up and looked at the mirror. She pushed the wrong button."

At this point, I don't care about what will he thinks of me. My life is not controlled by him. If Bob was right or just slightly, he should accept me that Leo always come first.

"Mind if I check the CCTV?" My heart felt like dropping when he ask that. It means that he didn't believe me, but I don't want to think that. And I understand that this happened in work our and in his work time. Related to his work, business and career.

"Yeah." I answer lowly.

"You stay here and I'll be back quick. We're going to take care of those bruises." He said before standing up and leave. I am left alone in here.

Taking care of my bruises while waiting for Marcel to return, I'm not sure about that though. It's been an hour since he left. I don't even know what's he's doing and he tell me to wait for him.

I still can feel her nails on my face. That woman sure face to stopped using fake nails. But I wonder why her nails didn't come off.

"Ella, let's go." Marcel burst in to the staff room. He grabbed my arm, pulling me up.

"Where are we going, Marcel?" I asked.

"Home."

"Home?" I ask confusedly. What home is he talking about?

"Yes. Now get in." He opening the door for me. I get in without protests and he got in after.

He drove the car and I certainly it's the way to my house. Now that I understand what 'home' he meant. But why he just say home? Not my home? He showered the speed as he pull up to my neighbourhood.

"Is Leo with Louisa?" Marcel ask as he put a handbreak of his car. He looked out of window before looking at me.

"I'll take Leo. You go to your house and change. Maybe cover up a little big, so Leo wouldn't freak out." I nodded my head. He is right. Leo might be freak out seeing my face like has been clawed by a cat, which it is.

We go to separated way. Unlocking my door, I go straight to my room and get changed. After changing, I put as much as make up I can without hissing in pain.

When I heard the front door opened, I know it must be them. I quickly put the make up kit away and stand up from the chair.

"Mommy." I heard Leo called. His happy voice lifted a smile to my face.

Checking myself one more time, I walked out of my room with a smile on my face. I can't tell if the smile is real or fake.

"Baby." I scope him in my arms and rain him with kisses. He giggles which make my heart full of joy. "How's your day?"

"Good, Mommy." He answered.

"Mommy, Buddy is here." He said excitedly, pointing at Marcel who is just standing there watching us. It's starting to creep me out. Marcel got back from London is bringing his staring contest, I think. He's been doing that a lot today.

"Yes, baby. Are you happy?" The real question was that. Is he happy to seeing Marcel more often? Or is it just a passed?

"Yes, Mommy. Can he stay to play with me?" He asked me. Upon hearing the question, I drifted my eyes to him.

"Sure, Buddy. I'm going to take you out for dinner later." Marcel said.

"Yes." He bounce excitedly in my arms and accidently hit my face with his elbow.

"Owh." I groaned. Making the both of them snapped their eyes to me. Marcel shot me a concern look and I just shook my head a little telling him that it's fine.

"What happen, Mommy? You okay?" Leo's little hand placed on my cheek. He rubbed my cheek softly. He didn't even knows what cause the pain, but he didn't ask about it. Which I'm glad.

"I'm okay, baby. Thank you." I kissed his forehead. I'll protect you with everything I have my son. I would let anyone touched you again.

Someone cleared their throat. Who could it be, besides Marcel. He tried to get my attention and he got it. I raised my eyebrows, asking him silently.

🐾🐾🐾