Chapter 26

Chapter by lalalandecember

[UNEDITED]

"Have you thought about our deal, Ella?" Marcel asked.

I spoon another bite of cake. Marcel is treating me with lunch, once again. I lick my bottom lip once I've putting the spoon inside my mouth.

"Don't fucking tempted me, Ella. Just answer my question." He hissed lowly. What is wrong with him so always demanding.

"I don't have a dress." I reasoned. Take another bite of the cake.

"Then we can looking for a dress now." He said.

"I don't have enough money to buy a dress, Marcel. Please understand that I have bills to pay and I have a child who to fulfil his needs." I heard him sighed.

But when I look up at him, he is smiling. He was sighing and now he is smiling?

"If you want me to just stay at your house, just say so, Ella. What is hard to say that 'Marcel, just please stay at my house'." He say mocked me.

"Marcel!" I whispered shriek. How could he thinks like that?

He only chuckles while I blushed of embarrassment. This guy could never listen to me.

"Let's just go back. My break time is almost over." I put the spoon down from my hand and standing up. I straighten my skirt before moving out of the seat.

I saw Marcel pulling out a couple euros. He nodded at me and and we both walk out from the cafe.

"Mi señora." He said as he open the passenger door for me.

"Shut up, Marcel." I grumble and get settle in the car. I waited for him to get in behind the wheel.

"You ready to go, mi señora?" He ask glancing at me before starting the engine.

I didn't answer him, I just let him talk as much as he wants.

Once he arrived, I go straight to the staff room. I take off my blazer and put it on my locker. I redo my make up to make myself looked presentable in front of the customer.

When I walk out from the staff room, I passed Marcel on the way. Out shoulder touched. I wasn't going to stop if Marcel himself did t stopped me.

He examiningy face and his face harden. "You fucking redoing your make up?" He cursed lowly.

"Marcel, let me go. I have to get back to work." I pulled his hand away to get freed. But his grip only tightened on me.

But what he did next is surprising me by removing a lipstick that I just applied with his fingers.

"Marcel." I tried to stop him by failed. He already done removing some of them from my lips. He is so frustrating.

"You are such a jerk, Marcel." I whined, something that I never did.

"Go back to the staff room. You are dismissed!" He said through a gritted teeth, looking at me dangerously. He motion his eyes to the staff room, silently telling me that I have to go.

"Now! Ella." His eyes darken. Hissing with anger on fire.

"My shift is still a few hours more and don't forget my piano session." I said out of frustration. He's getting on my nerve each day, even worse now.

"Forget it. I said you are dismissed." Then he left me standing alone

-

I didn't talk. Neither do Marcel.

We are driving back to my house. The ride is silent and it's just a slow ride.

Once we are arrived in front of my house, I hop out from the car and go straight to Louisa's house.

I knocked on the door and sensing someone is standing behind me, it gotta be Marcel.

"You are early today." Louisa says as she opened the door for us. "Come in, Leo is inside." She motion her hand for me to get in.

I stepped in to her house and immediately find Leo in the living room with his new toy. I was against the idea of him having so many toys, but Marcel is Marcel. He wants me just to suck it up.

"Leo, baby." I called.

"Mommy!" He look up from his toy to me. He throw his toy and charging towards me.

I scoop him up to my arms and rain him with kisses, making him giggles. Just the way I love it.

"Let's go home, baby." He nods and go to picking his toys and bag. He wave at Louisa and saying thank you before the three of us walks out.

"Hi, Buddy." I heard him greeting him softly from my shoulder. I can tell that he knows something is wrong between me and his Buddy.

I put him down to the couch and told him to put his toys away. So he could change and get comfortable. I tell him he could get his snack from his safe.

"Ella." I felt him wrapped his arms around me, trapping me to him.

"Hmm?" I hummed.

"Why won't you attend the Gala with me?" He whisper right to my ear. I am glad that Leo isn't here at the moment.

"Marcel, you have to understand me. My position is not in the right place. Gala dinner is something fancy and most rich people look for. It's not for me, a mother with one kid." I unwrapped his hand from me as I say it.

I look at him and saw pain in his eyes.

"It doesn't matter, Ella. Social status is not my concern. I'm asking you to be my partner is just because I want to take you to a special event. I know what you think, you think that you won't fit in there. That you will feel left out." He look straight to my eyes.

"They won't notice you, I can tell you that. But, all they care is just themselves and their presence. They don't give a shit about us. They would barely see us." He quickly continue, when he saw my facial expression change.

He looked so sincere and his eyes say it all.

Leo running in and shouting for Marcel. He hug Marcel's legs happily. Did he spying on us? He was quiet when I get him from Louisa's house, but now he is cheerful.

I do think my son is spying on us all this time.

I look at them and saw that they are so happy. Marcel bring Leo upon himself so easily. Leo seem so happy and I vowed myself to always put Leo's happiness first.

With Leo and Marcel bonding so fast and so strong. I don't think I could imagine Leo getting upset because if Marcel decided to walk away from him, from us. It would be painful.

For him and for..... Me.

I'll be shitting myself I don't want him to stay for us. I do want to see him trying for us, maybe what Bob said was right.

He could be my good luck and I could try to open my arms widely for the good luck.

🐾🐾🐾

I hope you like the chapter.