Chapter 35

Chapter by syaminhazam

[UNEDITED]

I looked into Marcel eyes as his arm around my body loosened. He let out a long sigh. His finger rubbing his forehead as if he is deep in his thinking.

“Why did you lie to me?” he asked dryly. His face hung low as he speak.

“I didn’t think that he would come back. I thought that,-“

“You thought that he will rot in jail and die. Is it?. So, you will keep it as a secret, forever” he finishes my word, seethed with anger.

Tear stung my eyes. I do admit that it was my mistake. I should tell him earlier. But, there is this fear in my heart that once he knows the truth he will leave me.

“No.,” I hold his hand in mine. I can see the hurt in his eye. Tears welled in his eyes too.

“Yes, I was thinking that he will rot and die in the prison but i want to tell you, believe me. I tried but I am scared, scared that once you know the truth, you will leave me and Leo,” my head rest on his hard chest as I embrace him.

My heart stopped beating as I realized that he didn’t embrace me back like usual. His hand fall on his side. What have I done?

“So you think that my love is weak, I am weak,” his voice sounds pain more than anything.

I pulled myself  away from him. His word stings me. My eyes searching his s he averted his gaze. He cast his gaze on the ground and sighed again.

Grabbing his jacket, he gets ready to work without glancing at me. He puts on the jacket and walks towards the door.

Calling out his name, I followed behind him. He ignored me. My throat felt dry and bitter, as I try to fight back the tears that starts to well up in my eyes.

His hand was on the door knob when I get a hold of his elbow. “I am going to work but tonight we are going to sit down and talk.” He said without looking back at me.

I stand dumbfounded in front of the door as Marcel walks out, closing the door behind him. This is not the first time we fight. However, this time it broken my heart and his too.

We fight, but later he will smile and try to make the situation lighter. He will coax me until i give in, forgive him even it was my fault that caused the fight.

Today is different in so many ways. Does this mean the end of my relation with Marcel?.

I still go to work today. But it was hard. Always it was me who tries to run away from Marcel. Today, it was him.

Every passing minute at work today is like a slow poison for me, almost killing. Not once, but a lot of time our eyes met, but he averted his gaze as fast as he could.

I even didn’t feel anything during the time i played the piano. My eyes was looking for him in the crowd of people, but I couldn’t find him.

My frustration grow as i waited for him outside the restaurant. He didn’t even look at me when he passed by me.

My heart shattered as the driver holds the door open for me not him as usual. I really broke his hurt and hurt him for him to act like this towards me.

The ride home was silent. Gone the chattering and his flirting whenever we sit inside the car. He always smile to me when there is nothing to talk about or when he is to tired to talk. Today his face hardened as he fixed his gaze outside.