Chapter 21

Chapter by syaminhazam

[UNEDITED]

Two days ago, Marcel almost caught me lying to him. After dinner he inquired again. However, i stick to the story i told him. I went to the saloon and few shops to buy new clothes for me.

He was angry, furious that I didn’t call him to take me out for shopping. I told him that, I don’t want to cause him any trouble.

He is suspicious, but his work needs his attention more at the current moment.

For the past two days, he is out working on a new deal in London.

I missed him. Missing stealing glances at him, missing his smile and all about him.

“Hey,” Mel nudges my rib.

“Ouch,” I punched her arm.

“I’ve been calling you but I think you must be in London, so got to do anything to bring you back here,” she rubbed the spot where i punched her earlier.

“Anyway that blonde specially requested for you, if I’m not mistaken.. she is quite a fame model” Mel winked.

I can’t make it who that blonde woman, especially that her back is facing me now.

Taking the tablet in my hand, I make my way towards the blonde.

“Hello madam, what-,” My word hangs in the air as I raised my head to look at the woman seating in front of me.

She smirked. Claire smirked.

“What can I get you, madam?” I greeted her again.

“Chicken Paella, and a glass of red wine,” her red well manicured fingers, tucked a strand of hair behind her ear.

There is a gleam of proud gleamed behind her honey coloured eyes.

“So, you are really a maid.. huh, but serving at his restaurant and also maybe serving him at night,” her voice sounded as I turned my heel about to leave her.

I pinched the bridge of my nose as I squeeze my eyes shut. Once i opened my eyes, I saw Mel worried face.
I shook my head.

Heaving a heavy breath, I walked to another waiting customer. I cant let her get to my nerves.

I feel an urge to strangle her at the moment. To cool myself off, I choose to wash my face off at the staff washroom.

She might leave when I’m done in the washroom.

I was splashing cold water on my face when I heard heel clicking on the washroom tile. The sound of the knob locked followed.

“You shouldn’t lock the door,” I said wiping my face with the face towel that I took out from my pocket.

My brows furrowed as I see the image reflected on the mirror.

None other than the vamp, Claire
I hate confrontation like this. Her face clearly shows her  dissatisfaction.

A cheshire grin spread across her face, wide and open showing her white pearly teeth.

The grin she give, more like she wants to eat my head out rather than saying hello.

She moves forward, crossing her leg, swaying her hip as her high heel clicked on the floor.

Her way of walking reminded me of a deadly snake. Suggestive, deadly and ready to strike.

My hold on the wash basin tightened as she stands inches away from me with her hand folded on her chest.
The same grin still plastered on her face. “I don’t know what he saw in you,” her eyes studied me.